The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
decent, has the damage, but lacks any good bonus mods (proc, +skills, deadly strike, slows target).
youtube.com/ae1337
boxgap
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial wrote:decent, has the damage, but lacks any good bonus mods (proc, +skills, deadly strike, slows target).

Damn thought i hit the jackpot
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
boxgap wrote:
aerial wrote:decent, has the damage, but lacks any good bonus mods (proc, +skills, deadly strike, slows target).

Damn thought i hit the jackpot

I think yours is quite a jackpot though, I've never reached that much damage after countless crafting. Also I see you had Xazax and Astrogha charms, congrats on the kills. Did you respec for those fights?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
It is about overall result, you could have for example 30 less maximum damage and +5 all skills, and that would be already better, with all bonuses you get from it. Getting that 300+ roll is most important, but what is exact value isn't that crucial, over other stats. Even weapon with below 300 max but with other good stats would be better.
By no means this is bad, just saying.
youtube.com/ae1337
snufkin
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
What item setup / stats for poison throw barb would you recommend Aerial? Im only interested for 1-100 level for now.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I wouldn't level as poison, because it really kicks in later, once you get gladiator dominance poison duration bonus (to both stance and snake bite). Also later with pierce, that multiplies your damage, vs early on you will have none.
If you really want to play as poison, I'd use earthquake 1pt melee until 100, you can spam 80% wdm earthquakes at nearly 0 mana cost, to spread snake stance, attack speed with dual wield is very fast with very basic gear, just rush with that. It feels better than using stampede early on. I'd kill bosses with melee skills, snake bite as op as it is, it isn't as isnane early on without pierce and gladiator's dominance.
For skills you wanna max ancient blood to keep that snake stance level as high as possible, as those hard points are greatest source of additional poison damage. Rest is pretty much optional, can go daedalus for more life/AR.
youtube.com/ae1337
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial wrote:I wouldn't level as poison, because it really kicks in later, once you get gladiator dominance poison duration bonus (to both stance and snake bite). Also later with pierce, that multiplies your damage, vs early on you will have none.
If you really want to play as poison, I'd use earthquake 1pt melee until 100, you can spam 80% wdm earthquakes at nearly 0 mana cost, to spread snake stance, attack speed with dual wield is very fast with very basic gear, just rush with that. It feels better than using stampede early on. I'd kill bosses with melee skills, snake bite as op as it is, it isn't as isnane early on without pierce and gladiator's dominance.
For skills you wanna max ancient blood to keep that snake stance level as high as possible, as those hard points are greatest source of additional poison damage. Rest is pretty much optional, can go daedalus for more life/AR.

I have to respectfully disagree simply because i leveled as poison and had absolutely zero issues doing so. Since we will never be achieving any kind of decent amount of Block Chance anyway in the leveling process i found Duel Wielding Sterrenvogel (Throwing Axe) not only give enough damage for everything in the game up until Hell Difficulty but also gives us a more than respectable amount of Pierce along the way if you upgrade those weapons as you go that leveling was quite smooth for me. This is without even considering other TUs in other slots along the way that if leveling this as an alt and already haveing access to plenty of ACs would be even easier. Load some Nef Runes early as you can everywhere you can to make up for lack of Glad Dom and you have some decent Clear and more than respectable Single Target Damage i found.

However at the end of the day it doesn't matter too much in the end because either way you go about leveling to 100 you will still have to burn one of your 3 free respecs once you get your ultimate skill Glad Dom regardless. Then you will also have to burn a second Respec upon getting most of your charms up to 125 or so. But like i said i found DWing those weapons worked quite well till Hell in which at that point before i respec i went ahead and got my Runes for Raptor and transitioned over to the TU Shield as well. All of which give a nice smooth progression for me personally. Not to say your leveling strat is better or worse than mine but i wouldn't say leveling as poison out the gate is a terrible option either if you do it right and stick with just the 2 skills in Throw and Stance only while giving more than enough points from there for everything else along the way. Every 4 points to Ancient Blood and the rest in MT King till Glad Dom is ready.

IDK to each their own but personally i like to get a feel for what im working towards asap when i make builds. With all due respect i might add.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I didn't say it wouldn't work, what I meant is what I'd use to rush to level 100 without using respecs. With earthquake 1pt strategy you don't really need TU, i wouldn't farm for any specific items, just grab whatever dropos, runewords that drop etc. If you use this spec you finish normal in about 1 hour. I'd still max whatever skills I planned for thrower I just wouldn't bother using it until later, instead just spam earthquake since lv2 and don't think too much :)
If you want just play your build thats gonna use same skills in the endgame, get feel of it, make proper uniquest while leveling, there is ofc nothing wrong with going throw skills + poison. This kind of start from my experience will be slower, thats all.
youtube.com/ae1337
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Right on ive just had solid results all round with Poison Throw this Ladder. From the Leveling to Trophy Farming to MF Fauzt Farming and litteraly everything in between. And only really needing to respec for 3 Ubers in the entire endgame (Void, Witch, Yashari.. Which an argument could be made a lot of builds require respecs for these.) Ive been pretty happy with it. Its no Trinity Beam but it damn sure served me well.

Im just on the fence what i want to try out next.. another Barb (Most likely Melee or some sort just undecided) or give another class a try. Ive really had a lot of fun building around poison Barb but at least on paper there looks to be tons of options for other setups around Barb. Barb feels like a pretty versatile Class to me. Kinda wondering if a pure Lightning Setup would work if you go all in on it. Im thinking scaling all three elements will yield better results but not 100% sure on that.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Currently snake bite is vastly overtuned, so I can imagine it was really smooth sailing when it comes to bossing.
If you for instance do build from this guide, killing bosses that were trivial with snake bite, become major pain in the ass, you gonna feel like doing zero damage. Difference is huge. Taking for example 15-20min of chasing astrogha with melee skill, and levels of dps corresponding to entry level cheap gear, vs literally 4-5 shotting it with equally moderate gear and snake bite (getting pierce mostly from socketed runes).

I'd personally go different class, since there is just more to explore, if you haven't done already.
youtube.com/ae1337