Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Conquest wrote:Is there any weapon for this build that is better than Astral Blade? That sword looks like it's been built specifically to be used with UMP. It has everything
-two level 60 procs on attack that match your elements (fire and cold)
-100% ias on weapon
-bonus spell damage to fire and cold
-100+ energy factor
-extra HB and elemental missiles (basically, doubles the dmg of those procs)
-the pierce stat is mostly flavor, as your hitpoints-based pierce is usually enough once you start getting SSU's like this

If i compare it to other typical SU or SSUs it eats them for breakfast. Adjudicator has nothing except extra 40% blood thorns damage (no procs, no EF, not even +skills), while In Fero Salva has good damage and strong +skills but still no procs and you lose the shield slot.

- The pierce is pointless as you said. Mythal proc on it is useless for the same reason.
- Banshee is ok, but if you don't have a lot of cold sd, they don't do that much dmg even at max pierce.
- Elemental proc is actually pretty bad for boss fights since the multi-hiting fire will trigger teleport almost instantly.

So all that's left is IAS (which you can cap with charms, Rapture and a few jewels), 25 sd (which is a lot less than what Dux, Adjudicator and In Fero offer), and 125 EF, which is also beat by In Fero.

It's a cool sword and I like the procs a lot, but unfortunately in practice it's not very good.Image
Mournbringer
Prowler
19 | 2
nazh202 if you look at the sacred uniques there's typically 2 version of an item and one is higher level - I believe those are the SSUs from what I read and best place to farm them is Dunc. Butttt I'm new too so don't quote me on anything.
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
So I tried both Lemures and Radiance endgame set-up, dps went up crazily (especially the Radiance setup) but I somehow feel more squishy than using the set and gotta be more careful in some dense ubers.
Wuhrfrahmen
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Been trying to craft Quiet Light Greaves but only get + Assassin skills or + Necromancer skills; it doesn't seem to roll + Paladin skills any more. Didn't see this in the change log; am I missing something?
Joe90NZ
Cultist
23 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wuhrfrahmen wrote:Been trying to craft Quiet Light Greaves but only get + Assassin skills or + Necromancer skills; it doesn't seem to roll + Paladin skills any more. Didn't see this in the change log; am I missing something?

Pretty sure theres no +pala skills on boots. Quoting Notcube from the Unholy Caster guide, youre best to down level the boots and fill space with MO's;
recipe is;

Rare weapon/armor + rare amulet + rare ring → reroll item as level 1 rare item
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
Wuhrfrahmen wrote:Been trying to craft Quiet Light Greaves but only get + Assassin skills or + Necromancer skills; it doesn't seem to roll + Paladin skills any more. Didn't see this in the change log; am I missing something?

You can use this page for future references. For example type "paladin skills" on "properties" to see what items can roll it or type "boots" on "found on" to see what can roll on boots. Cheers.
snufkin
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
My 107 lvl paladin does 2.5 k dmg with bloodthorns. It is too low isnt It?
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
snufkin wrote:My 107 lvl paladin does 2.5 k dmg with bloodthorns. It is too low isnt It?

depends. if you can handle island of the sunless sea and/or cow lvl it's fine. at that point in the game, your biggest boost in dmg is probably MOing ALL your gear with fire spell dmg, that's an easy 90% extra spell dmg
snufkin
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Ok i have 8.2k life and max resists and died 20 times on hell diablo. Is It normal?
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
snufkin wrote:Ok i have 8.2k life and max resists and died 20 times on hell diablo. Is It normal?

If you stand still no matter what he throws at you, then yes.