Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Oh, man... About 3 years ago there was a bunch of drama queens and cringy teens that went on a neg war. It was pathetic and It went on for a month or so before the admins decide to take some action. People got downvoted to oblivion.
Cookie system isnt perfect, but as long as you dont care about the cookies- it shouldnt affect you. Count doesnt give you special powers nor does it take your rights as member or give you restrictions. In my experience, usually people who get a ton of negs at the beginning are people who are highly opinionated/cringy/toxic without even having the slightest knowledge of the forum or the mod. Don't be toxic, enjoy the game, participate in the community, write helpful comments and/or threads and you will be rewarded.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
man, people calling this community toxic haven't been on many game forums I think.

regarding discord, asking questions in #general will get you ignored, but if you ask in #newbie-help you'll probably get a straight answer in minutes, if not seconds
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wotan wrote:Oh, man... About 3 years ago there was a bunch of drama queens and cringy teens that went on a neg war. It was pathetic and It went on for a month or so before the admins decide to take some action. People got downvoted to oblivion.
Cookie system isnt perfect, but as long as you dont care about the cookies- it shouldnt affect you. Count doesnt give you special powers nor does it take your rights as member or give you restrictions. In my experience, usually people who get a ton of negs at the beginning are people who are highly opinionated/cringy/toxic without even having the slightest knowledge of the forum or the mod. Don't be toxic, enjoy the game, participate in the community, write helpful comments and/or threads and you will be rewarded.

Wotan only wrote this to get cookies
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Ekital wrote:4.) Disagree with someone about a build or something on the discord? Get kicked from the discord for X hours

Discord server has rules that are enforced as best as we can. People rarely get kicked from the server, but mutes are often handed when things spiral out of control in #general, and the conversation has gone down to a shit-throwing monkey fight.

It happens often when users come in the server already hot headed because they're either frustrated with a build or boss, and are venting their frustration on how shit the build is, or bullshit the bosses are, with no intentions of actually creating a discussion. They're just here to talk shit because they're angry.

Arguing/debating a mxl-related topic on the server won't get you muted. What does is if you're coming in hot, guns blazing and starting a dumpster fire because of a trivial issue.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
I have been a part of the biggest german diablo 2 lod community in its days (indiablo) since forever when classic LoD was still good. You got kicked and banned there for literally anything that didnt fit the consensus.
Here you get 1 or 2 downvotes.

There are several active members who play this mod forever but have negative coockies. They are good people even good in the community. I think some just really have a language barrier. Or a cultuire barrier. This is a "werstern", english speaking community. You will see some poeple who just dont know how to express themselves correctly in engliish who have thousands of hard earned TG but some negative tens of coockies. They mostly dont take part in discussions like this and they are completely fine.

Like some people said, this is a cultural circle-jerk. I am raised in this culture too, hence my insane amount of TG and positive votes :roll:

It just does not matter for anything if you have positive votes.
Kind of like reddit ^^

But some people have earned their hunderts of coockies by really contributing, by writing nice guides or FAQs, which everyone else of us is just to lazy to do. (Trinity-din-guide where?!)

rumblealex wrote:Arguing/debating a mxl-related topic on the server won't get you muted. What does is if you're coming in hot, guns blazing and starting a dumpster fire because of a trivial issue.

Yeah, just like in every community, beeing emotional or stresserd out will lead to emotional posts that people cant seem to follow. Cooling off before ranting is always a good idea.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The real counter to negs is to farm cookies in "Median Memes" and other trendy social threads first. Once you have a sufficient amount to cushion you from the next bad post, proceed with the plan. I know a "sufficient amount" may sound vague to the untrained ears, but you'll gain that ability after a couple neg storms.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ekital wrote:It's okay I'm the salt miner.

That's usually me . Iirc I got the most negs around here

On topic : it is enough to get a few haters to constantly downvote whatever you say , regardless what you say. Or ass kissers that downvote you if you argue with one of their favourite assholes around this forum.

Meanwhile , the cookies have zero importance in your real life , so why care about them ?

Say whatever you want and you feel it is right. Don't worry about someone's vote , regardless if it is up or down. That doesn't mean anything