Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
silenkiller
Invader
8 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
snow queen vs living flame? seems like snow queen would really pump the overall defense more?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
silenkiller wrote:snow queen vs living flame? seems like snow queen would really pump the overall defense more?

I'd go with snow queen and warp armor before you have decent block chance, probably until 120 or maybe even higher. The defense you get from the flat def from snow queen and the tcd from baneblade and warp armor gives you very high defense, which is perfect for when you have low block. Once you have a decent block chance, the tcd from warp armor is not really needed, and I'd respec to living flame with snow queen, and you get firedance as a bonus. I'd definetly keep snow queen at all times, the bonus base def really adds a lot of def even with just baneblade.
Also firedance is great when bosses become tankier, in the 120+ bracket, its decent free damage even with just 1 point if you have most of the +skill charms.
silenkiller
Invader
8 | 0
Donated 25 times
loving the build. so at end game do you start using spiral dance instead of bladestorm? it seems to do waaaay more damage.

also i have to say the mysteries set is just so powerful.. im now off to SSU's end game setup and honestly its not THAT much better than my mysteries set was. I even had more chance to block and def still with the mysteries setup! more damage here though this way. cant seem to get 75% block i must need to roll +chance to block on my shield.

**edit, okay +chance to block huge for the shield. freed up a TON of dex too to hit 75 wow.

So I also tried going fire tree and that essentially doubled my def up to 600k lol.. .
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What MF Items would you suggest using with the Set or is it even worth at all? Right now im wearing (as said) the Set, sacred honorific gloves,
Nero
belt and
Wind Runner

Wind Runner
Boots

'SilElqSilGul'
Runeword Level: 100
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
Adds 25-68 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
boots. I guess the most obvious items would be a decent rolled
Dacana's Fist
Dacana's Fist
Chain Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (515 - 1545) to (565 - 1695)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 575
Item Level: 105
+(0 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(-300 to 300) to Life
Elemental Resists (-50 to 30)%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
(-25 to 15)% to Experience Gained
(-100 to 60)% Gold Find
(0 to 60)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
and maybe
Lilith's Temptation
Lilith's Temptation
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3680 - 4089) to (4031 - 4479)
3% Chance to cast level 2 Time Strike on Striking
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
(60 to 100)% Magic Find
Requirements -100%
Socketed (2)
(I own that but i feel like the killspeed dropps too much without wearing Nero...).

Im around level 133 or so, have 250 sigs eaten (too lazy to farm Nil) and Dunc doesnt seem to drop much for me atm - so I thought upping my MF a bit.

Other thought was a mix of Dex and MF Cicles, but I guess thats A LOT of farming for a decent new charm - is it worth it?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ajulasilotr wrote:What MF Items would you suggest using with the Set or is it even worth at all? Right now im wearing (as said) the Set, sacred honorific gloves,
Nero
belt and
Wind Runner

Wind Runner
Boots

'SilElqSilGul'
Runeword Level: 100
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
Adds 25-68 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
boots. I guess the most obvious items would be a decent rolled
Dacana's Fist
Dacana's Fist
Chain Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (515 - 1545) to (565 - 1695)
Required Strength: 575
+(0 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(-300 to 300) to Life
Elemental Resists (-50 to 30)%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
(-25 to 15)% to Experience Gained
(-100 to 60)% Gold Find
(0 to 60)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
and maybe
Lilith's Temptation
Lilith's Temptation
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3680 - 4089) to (4031 - 4479)
3% Chance to cast level 2 Time Strike on Striking
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
(60 to 100)% Magic Find
Requirements -100%
Socketed (2)
(I own that but i feel like the killspeed dropps too much without wearing Nero...).

Im around level 133 or so, have 250 sigs eaten (too lazy to farm Nil) and Dunc doesnt seem to drop much for me atm - so I thought upping my MF a bit.

Other thought was a mix of Dex and MF Cicles, but I guess thats A LOT of farming for a decent new charm - is it worth it?

you'll probably sacrifice less dmg by switching some amethysts to Lum runes or Tir crafted jewels with 2% dex
silenkiller
Invader
8 | 0
Donated 25 times
I'm using Lilith's and absolutely destroy fautz even when I just only had the mysteries set. That set is so strong its nuts.
Working on a shark runeword now for a wep to see if its much better than steel punisher. I have veil of steel as well, my def is like 600k they can't even touch me. Would like to try nero or champions belt but hard to say goodbye to all that MF
wizzybizzy87
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Hey there! I've been following the guide and I have a question related to our skill points. I'm currently level 110 and have 21 spare talent points. Is that normal or did I miss something along the way? Thanks!
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
wizzybizzy87 wrote:Hey there! I've been following the guide and I have a question related to our skill points. I'm currently level 110 and have 21 spare talent points. Is that normal or did I miss something along the way? Thanks!

Keep progressing. Many charms give max skills later.
wizzybizzy87
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Would you consider a switch from Fire/Lighting to Frost/Lightning in the midgame? I have survivability issues in level 115/120 areas and I feel like the frost tree would help mitigate some damage.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
wizzybizzy87 wrote:Would you consider a switch from Fire/Lighting to Frost/Lightning in the midgame? I have survivability issues in level 115/120 areas and I feel like the frost tree would help mitigate some damage.

You should be playing ice + lightning from lvl 1. The base def from ice and the tcd from lightning and baneblade makes you really hard to hit for enemies. When you have decent block chance, you can drop lightning for fire, because the big def is no longer needed with decent block, and the life from fire helps you to survive burst better, and can help you avoid getting hitlocked, not to mention firedance, which is awesome when bosses get tanky in the 120+ or 125+ bracket. Ice is still the best in my opinion, the base def still gives a lot with baneblade, and the %life is always great, especially with the life from fire.