Mana Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
adrift wrote:Just some 1.6 info for people:

I think knave is a bait, the 25% sweep damage reduction is just too much. You are most likely better off sticking with Torrent until you get Valthek. I have 44k mana, +31 skills and damage is not that good for Faust+ level zones. Much better as fire with similar gear level.

Agreed, Valthek's far outperforms Knave in pretty much all situations. My sorc has 50k mana, torrent build is much stronger than knave sweep. Would be nice to see Knave changed to 18% dmg reduction or something similar in the next patch to make it worthwhile.
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I take it spell focus doesn't work on Mana Sorceress? Now leveling the familiars is useless? (apart from 1 point to get cast speed).
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SteelWings wrote:I take it spell focus doesn't work on Mana Sorceress? Now leveling the familiars is useless? (apart from 1 point to get cast speed).

I have been busy and unable to play at the start of this season, but unless it changed the reason to get levels for Familiars is for the +skills, which should still be the case?
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Hrishi wrote:
I have been busy and unable to play at the start of this season, but unless it changed the reason to get levels for Familiars is for the +skills, which should still be the case?

It was changed so there is no more familiars as panthers, no +skills per 4 base levels, only +10 Spell Focus per base level and some complimentary 1-point-wonder stats like +15% cast speed and +25% energy.

Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Fair enough, in that case this definitely turns into just a 1-point wonder, freeing up more room to distribute into other things such as Elemental passives and such. I'm meaning to update the guide as I didn't update it last season either, so once I get more time off to play I'll update this!
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I imagine plenty of people do this, but in case anyone isn't aware, if
Atanna Khan's Dress
Atanna Khan's Dress
Ceremonial Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 10306 to 14529
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 722
Item Level: 120
+20 to Maximum Familiar Skill Level
3% Chance to cast level 60 Magic Missiles on Death Blow
30% Movement Speed
+(5 to 10) to Arcane Swarm
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(1000 to 3000) Defense
Elemental Resists -25%
Physical Resist (5 to 10)%
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
is used similarly to a
Khanduran Royal Pendant
when respeccing it's possible to get an absurdly high Familiar level. Take it off after getting the highest Familiar level that evenly divides by four, then put on your main armor. Applies to all sorc builds.

tacoatpirate
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hrishi wrote:

Consequentially, the following sources do not get scaled by this stat.

Mana from additional Energy
+ Mana (Based on Character Level) bonuses

Energy based on character level does not benefit from energy % multipliers. Confirmed after testing +75 energy Cloudladder vs +120 energy Witchdrum (+4 sorc).
MoistSierra
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anyone playing this in 2.0?
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
I tried it into early hell, seemed like it struggled with damage and defense, but not as bad as say xbow necro which does literally nothing even twinked. Single target still seems alright, but the mob health increase combined with pack size increase was really noticeable. Did infernal machine with full t3/t4, only took about an hour and dozens of deaths, really turned me off of this mod for now. Last season that would have been an easy 1 shot, death zergs into impossible bosses just isn't for me.
MoistSierra
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
That's so sad to hear, so you reckon re-spec? My first go at sorc. I tried lightning but really did not enjoy the spell mechanics/targeting on the first spell.