Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Webbhead08 wrote:This Guide could really use some emphasis on "Get to lvl 24 for Blade Storm" I think that's lost in translation in the weeds.

Also is this guide going to get an update / is there another more updated Melee Sorc Guide ? I am long time player / Trap rat main but trying my dexy hands at another 2nd build for fun sad to see this isn't updated.

Anyone else have thoughts on the 2/3 elements to choose? I like Fire for life/regen and dmg buff, guide says lightning other but I dunno Cold gets you MoaR minions and still flat defense is Mana really an issue by by mid/late/end game ?

Thanks for any and all input -

Web

Pretty sure guide creator has acknowledged in the thread that cold is better early, not only is the flat defense way more useful than the % bonus early on frigid sphere can carry you even with 1pt investment to bladestorm. (low +skills runewords help it along as well)
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
yeah I lvl'd to 24 using 1 pt into flame front ... still not quite sure I have the build clicking the dmg is there but I dont have the rhythm of the skills down
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Make sure buffs are up (mana shield should be omitted on some fights because it will just leave you with 0 mana) -> bladestorm trash -> drop a fusillade if surrounded or for hefty boss dmg -> bladestorm. Make sure you make the kur RW in a sorc orb as soon as your level allows it, having the pally uberskill DA at 74? iirc is op and awesome. My melee sorc hasn't been past 120 ubers content yet but it was the easiest kabraxis kill on any melee build I've tried. TBH you can heavily adapt on this build and it will still be viable at least up through 120 content, one tweak I liked was going fire/cold start, mana issues were fixed by dipping into mana sweep (note you can no longer use this skill once you buff with baneblade)
Sandraptor
Vampiress
39 | 6
Does anyone want to contribute a lab gearing section for this guide? I saw the not armory of the guy who said his sorc could do all 15 levels, but it’s hard to guess UMOs and such. I have a friend who is learning melee sorc and would benefit from a gear tutorial for labs (for example dervish of Aranoch vs rebel vs SBS vs arrogance and what would be best for labs then 2nd best etc), does steel punisher cut it or do you need a godly crafted sword for labs? Best ammy between beads and dyers or other? Best ring combo for labs? Has anyone tested and found these sorts of answers? Akarats or wind runners? endless loop or black void? Friend is poor and can’t test currently. Play style tips in labs? Would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I suppose there’s gearing for high labs (maybe like 13-15) then there’s adequate gear that can do 9-11 or 12 but won’t cut it later. Although I’m more thinking that for now, I’m also curious what it would require to do 13, 14 and 15.
zivakimi
Skeleton
2 | 0
is this guide still good? it says 1.3 but its 1.6.3 now, sorry new player and trying to find a build for me to enjoy
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
zivakimi wrote:is this guide still good? it says 1.3 but its 1.6.3 now, sorry new player and trying to find a build for me to enjoy

It's fine, melee sorc didn't receive many changes and it's ranked fairly high as a melee starter build.
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
if someone could look at my current gear https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=yasqweenyas and let me know what i could change about it to make me a little stronger that would be awesome! Is the shield of haakan II a better idea for this build? I haven't played since like 1.2 so I was just wondering, if anyone is bored :) Also currently lightning/cold skill plan, so far I have been able to do one duncraig run with only dying once XD
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
robg1293 wrote:if someone could look at my current gear https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=yasqweenyas and let me know what i could change about it to make me a little stronger that would be awesome! Is the shield of haakan II a better idea for this build? I haven't played since like 1.2 so I was just wondering, if anyone is bored :) Also currently lightning/cold skill plan, so far I have been able to do one duncraig run with only dying once XD

Missing sigs.

I would consider Haakan a more defensive option for labs, a good crafted shield is probably the best offensive shield you can get.
Personally I would have gone with
Black Void
Black Void
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3060 - 3442) to (3304 - 3717)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 120
20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
Slow Target 10%
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Target Takes Additional Damage of (25 to 50)
30% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
for belt, seems way more beneficial than what you have, same could be said for
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
. I suspect that you are only just above the block cap with your current setup, which means that if you try to run a MF setup, you will drop below the cap. A lot of items with no dex.
Beads of the Snake Queen
Beads of the Snake Queen
Amulet

4% Chance to cast level 33 Scorpion Blade on Kill
Adds 5-10 Damage
Stun Attack
+(200 to 500) Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
+100 Life after each Kill
would also help you get more dex. Your setup should be able to run Duncraig fairly well, although with very little MF.
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Cheno wrote:
robg1293 wrote:if someone could look at my current gear https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=yasqweenyas and let me know what i could change about it to make me a little stronger that would be awesome! Is the shield of haakan II a better idea for this build? I haven't played since like 1.2 so I was just wondering, if anyone is bored :) Also currently lightning/cold skill plan, so far I have been able to do one duncraig run with only dying once XD

Missing sigs.

I would consider Haakan a more defensive option for labs, a good crafted shield is probably the best offensive shield you can get.
Personally I would have gone with
Black Void
Black Void
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3060 - 3442) to (3304 - 3717)
Required Strength: 625
20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
Slow Target 10%
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Target Takes Additional Damage of (25 to 50)
30% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
for belt, seems way more beneficial than what you have, same could be said for
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
. I suspect that you are only just above the block cap with your current setup, which means that if you try to run a MF setup, you will drop below the cap. A lot of items with no dex.
Beads of the Snake Queen
Beads of the Snake Queen
Amulet

4% Chance to cast level 33 Scorpion Blade on Kill
Adds 5-10 Damage
Stun Attack
+(200 to 500) Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
+100 Life after each Kill
would also help you get more dex. Your setup should be able to run Duncraig fairly well, although with very little MF.

what would you consider to be a good MF?
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
robg1293 wrote:what would you consider to be a good MF?

As much MF as possible without tanking the clear speed, ~200MF is usually good enough.