Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
AR is useless unless fighting bosses. Possession has ignore targets defense

Optical wrote:I recommend your weapon be an honorific crystal sword and MO it with attack rating and +life/mana on hit. Doing that basically solves any sustain issues.

This is terrible advice. Losing the set bonuses and the set holy Lance just for that little amount of extra sustain is a very very bad idea. If you want more AR better get some %AR from Zod crafted jewels
Optical
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If you use a bunch of honorifics and MO with energy factor, fire spell dmg, etc. and quiet crafted body armor and helm you can get way more vitality and damage than with the set. I credit this idea to morphXL by watching his stream though.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Optical wrote:If you use a bunch of honorifics and MO with energy factor, fire spell dmg, etc. and quiet crafted body armor and helm you can get way more vitality and damage than with the set. I credit this idea to morphXL by watching his stream though.

EF + FSD + AR + LoA + MoA will net you +100 req lvl, which if I'm not mistaken will end up at least at 130. By that lvl you should already have better gear than either the honorific or the set
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:
Optical wrote:If you use a bunch of honorifics and MO with energy factor, fire spell dmg, etc. and quiet crafted body armor and helm you can get way more vitality and damage than with the set. I credit this idea to morphXL by watching his stream though.

EF + FSD + AR + LoA + MoA will net you +100 req lvl, which if I'm not mistaken will end up at least at 130. By that lvl you should already have better gear than either the honorific or the set

You can still use a T1 crystal sword. The damage part isn't that important since the damage comes from the skills. Unless you want to minmax your damage at that level, a T1 or T4 crystal sword should be enough. And even if you go with a T4 sword for max sockets, the level requirement should be around 28, not 30.

Add to that the fact, that one of the "on attack" orbs only needs 3 orbs to get the max potential because it's capped at 311, which can only be achieved with the honorific double bonus. I know this because I tried it out on a TFS assassin the last few patches. After fact-checking just a moment ago, it was mana on attack. That's another 8 levels you don't need to waste. So in total you can use that weapon either at level 120 or 122 respectively depending on which base you use.

► Show Spoiler
Optical
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:

Like what? The radiance set-up? I can't afford a radiance nor did I find one.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ParticuLarry wrote:
Diaco wrote:

You can still use a T1 crystal sword. The damage part isn't that important since the damage comes from the skills. Unless you want to minmax your damage at that level, a T1 or T4 crystal sword should be enough. And even if you go with a T4 sword for max sockets, the level requirement should be around 28, not 30.

Add to that the fact, that one of the "on attack" orbs only needs 3 orbs to get the max potential because it's capped at 311, which can only be achieved with the honorific double bonus. I know this because I tried it out on a TFS assassin the last few patches. After fact-checking just a moment ago, it was mana on attack. That's another 8 levels you don't need to waste. So in total you can use that weapon either at level 120 or 122 respectively depending on which base you use.

► Show Spoiler

Dunno, you are losing at least 15% fsd from sockets alone, without counting like 50 EF from decent Zod jewels, and you are only getting in return some Mana sustain which is not really necessary, 200 MoA is usually enough. You'd only struggle with Mana sustain against bosses, where you can just use pots. I'd honestly go with a
Instinct (Xis)
over that honorific any day. A well rolled
Elemental Disciple
Elemental Disciple
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6034 - 7131) to (7246 - 8564)
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 650
Item Level: 105
+(1 to 4) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(1 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
+(1 to 4) to Druid Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
+(15 to 35)% to Fire Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(15 to 35)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(120 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana +30%
20% Gold Find
Socketed (6)
and
Iblis (Xis)
are good and cheap midgame options too that also help with Mana sustain. If you def want to have more AR it'll be way better to get it from crafted jewels
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:Dunno, you are losing at least 15% fsd from sockets alone, without counting like 50 EF from decent Zod jewels, and you are only getting in return some Mana sustain which is not really necessary, 200 MoA is usually enough. You'd only struggle with Mana sustain against bosses, where you can just use pots. I'd honestly go with a
Instinct (Xis)
over that honorific any day. A well rolled
Elemental Disciple
Elemental Disciple
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6034 - 7131) to (7246 - 8564)
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 650
Item Level: 105
+(1 to 4) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(1 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
+(1 to 4) to Druid Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
+(15 to 35)% to Fire Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(15 to 35)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(120 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana +30%
20% Gold Find
Socketed (6)
and
Iblis (Xis)
are good and cheap midgame options too that also help with Mana sustain. If you def want to have more AR it'll be way better to get it from crafted jewels

Well, you could as well just reverse that argument. I mean, when do you really need AR in the game before level 105? Nightmare Baal and Diablo maybe. But at that point you can already have a T1 crystal sword, and put the AR mystic orbs on it last. You're at least level 94 when you reach Diablo after all, so at this point you can potentially already have a fully mo'ed weapon. Add to that some MF for the first few ubers, and you're off for a good start in the ladder.

I do think that we can agree that the proposal of using Honorifics isn't meant as endgame gear. It's much rather meant for a swifter and smoother start. Later on XIS runes and SU's with godly crafted jewels are of course better. And if you're fine with using a honorific until level 120, where you can start farming for a Xis, then it's already a good achievement because you can simply skip collecting the set.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Honestly, I find it way easier to just go with
Gnarled Root
Gnarled Root
Club (4)

One-Hand Damage: 4 to 6
Required Level: 1
Item Level: 1
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
25% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
10% to All Attributes
+10 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 11
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 18
Item Level: 31
45% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
16% to All Attributes
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 14 to 17
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 49
Item Level: 51
65% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
23% to All Attributes
+30 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 6%
Socketed (3)
One-Hand Damage: 17 to 21
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 104
Item Level: 77
75% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
30% to All Attributes
+40 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 8%
Socketed (3)
and all TUs until 120 or until I start getting set pieces, since by that point ACs are easier to come by than the amount of gold required for that honorific... But to each his own. I thought we were talking about midgame, not early game.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:Honestly, I find it way easier to just go with
Gnarled Root
Gnarled Root
Club (4)

One-Hand Damage: 4 to 6
Required Level: 1
Item Level: 1
25% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
10% to All Attributes
+10 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 11
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 18
Item Level: 31
45% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
16% to All Attributes
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 14 to 17
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 49
Item Level: 51
65% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
23% to All Attributes
+30 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 6%
Socketed (3)
One-Hand Damage: 17 to 21
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 104
Item Level: 77
75% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
30% to All Attributes
+40 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 8%
Socketed (3)
and all TUs until 120 or until I start getting set pieces, since by that point ACs are easier to come by than the amount of gold required for that honorific... But to each his own. I thought we were talking about midgame, not early game.

Well, I only hijacked this conversation after all :D To me it seemed like Optical talked about the transition from early to mid game, where honorifics can potentially replace the set, and even be better. And that seemed quite logical to me. In the end I just wanted to tell you that level 130 isn't necessary for a honorific.

I also watched the guy who tried using Honorifics and it seemed a lot better than the set for given reasons. So it's something to try out. If you can skip farming the set, then this makes Honorifics obviously more effective, because farming gold is a lot easier/quicker than farming sets.
Reefy
Imp
4 | 2
How do you go 2 neutral trees and Unholy or am I dumb?