SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey Wulf, yeah I noticed it the second time I read it, but after I had posted. Sorry about that. Thanks again for all the time effort and experience you've put into this. It's defs helped me :-)

Wulf wrote:
Philby wrote:By the way, I was wondering why we need elemental pierce at all? I don't have the game here bur iirc there's only one attack skill that converts phys damage to ele dmg. Do we need to reach a particular breakpoint?

It's for those 2 convert atks (barrage and trinity). You won't use them as often as wyrm/phalanx, but you'll use them for sure. Like Jampula said, all elemental dmg procs are super useless. Even the high level flamestrike from
Ice Breaker (Xis)
barely does any dmg (worse than a single arrow).

Longstaff wrote:Oh hey, I did have a question! Regarding this piece, which shrine(s) type should I be using?

From the Milestone section:
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I was actually not aware of the fact that it pierces. Thanks for the tip.

For the barrage comment I did earlier, of course I know that it is a physical bowzon build and that max pierce isn’t that useful. What I meant is that extra 5 points could be used for more magic damage via Ecstatic Frenzy or more movespeed via Wild and Free. Again, it depends if you use it. I don’t, but results may vary from each individual.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Many Bowzon seem to have Fauzt farming as their objective so I've decided to make this for yall.

There is some vary important breakpoints and information to know before a Bowzon bothers to farm Fauzt over Dunc. These don't apply to people just wanting to level in here if you can manage it but they would definitely make it easier regardless.

This is my personal recommendation and people's opinions will vary but this works best for me and consistently as bulletpoints to follow.

Before you even enter Fauzt (to farm over Dunc) you should try to meet these requirements because Dunc is highly more efficient if you don't meet these.

► Show Spoiler

If you've followed along all the way to here and meet these specifications you should be able to farm Fauzt effectively. Good luck!
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Pretty sure you can only put flat resistance mo’s in 3 items, not four. It also has been nerfed to the point where you can only get 60 via mystic orbs. Not very significant imo, especially on lvl 100 items with limited space and necrobots having a base damage in the thousands.

Other than that, everything above make sense. A5 merc is really great even without SSU Ancient Armor. Erawan chest, Truce belt, Megalith boots, Azrael helm, honorific sacred gauntlets for resistances and strength. Mo everything with ed/tcd. With this setup he can tank Fauztinville on a budget. Weapon doesn’t really matter, you are dealing damage.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:Pretty sure you can only put flat resistance mo’s in 3 items, not four. It also has been nerfed to the point where you can only get 60 via mystic orbs. Not very significant imo, especially on lvl 100 items with limited space and necrobots having a base damage in the thousands.

Other than that, everything above make sense. A5 merc is really great even without SSU Ancient Armor. Erawan chest, Truce belt, Megalith boots, Azrael helm, honorific sacred gauntlets for resistances and strength. Mo everything with ed/tcd. With this setup he can tank Fauztinville on a budget. Weapon doesn’t really matter, you are dealing damage.
Three woops. For 60 pdr. It matters because you definitely want to drop the hp needed to not get that recovery frames.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:Pretty sure you can only put flat resistance mo’s in 3 items, not four. It also has been nerfed to the point where you can only get 60 via mystic orbs. Not very significant imo, especially on lvl 100 items with limited space and necrobots having a base damage in the thousands.

Four, quiver, rings, ammy for 60 pdr. It matters because you definitely want to drop the hp needed to not get that recovery frames. There is also not much mo choice in quiver rings ammy that matter as well so it's free real estate
Edited by Acry 3 years.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Amulet/rings mo’s are not compatible with quivers as far as I know. I remember reading flat physical resistance goes before physical % in the calculation for damage.

Let’s pretend a necrobot hits for 1500 damage.
With 60 pr: 1500 - 60 - 50% = 720 damage taken.
Without pr: 1500 -50% = 750 damage taken.

Correct my calculations if they are wrong, but 30hp is pretty much nothing to me. Early on like Normal TA, it is very useful. What I meant by mystic orbs space is actually UMO’s and stuff. I don’t usually modify Gladiators or Dyers Eve without having exactly the best thing to put in.
In regular mo’s, not much viable stuff indeed. Magic Find, that’s kind of it. Perhaps poison length reduction if you like this mod.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Johnny Impak wrote:Amulet/rings mo’s are not compatible with quivers as far as I know

they are

Your calculations are correct. 80 pdr is almost nothing, but its 80hp you dont need to get using attr points. which is around 15-20 hard attr points iirc?

obviously if you have something better to do with your rings mo space, go ahead and dont mo pdr. but lott ripstars have plenty of space on them for it. if you reach 17k hp without spending a single attr point due to high charms, then yeah its pointless to mo pdr in jewelry/quiv.

the hp breakpoint isnt exactly 17k, its something around 16600-16800 depending if the necrobot highrolls or lowrolls its dmg hit. necrobots dont have fixed dmg, its something like 1800 to 2100. to be safe, I took 2200 as the dmg value. (2200-80pdr)*0.5pr*16=16900 hp required to rarely get fhr'd
Edited by Wulf 3 years.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:Amulet/rings mo’s are not compatible with quivers as far as I know. I remember reading flat physical resistance goes before physical % in the calculation for damage.

Let’s pretend a necrobot hits for 1500 damage.
With 60 pr: 1500 - 60 - 50% = 720 damage taken.
Without pr: 1500 -50% = 750 damage taken.

Correct my calculations if they are wrong, but 30hp is pretty much nothing to me. Early on like Normal TA, it is very useful. What I meant by mystic orbs space is actually UMO’s and stuff. I don’t usually modify Gladiators or Dyers Eve without having exactly the best thing to put in.
In regular mo’s, not much viable stuff indeed. Magic Find, that’s kind of it. Perhaps poison length reduction if you like this mod.
The hp needed you're almost meeting within the margins at least for early gearing that any hp you dont need is good imo. Also from what I know the flat phys reduc applies after phys res according to what I remember in discord. Necrobots also hit 2200 or so iirc At work so can't verify.

As for mo/eff your choices are... Elemental ire for quiver, which is good, path of brutality for +3 dyers. Highly recommend. As for umos. For the rest It's heart if Frost and maybe explorers globe. You really don't have much choice here and in an ssf setting it's unlikely to have enough to full mo it. Hof is 10% ewd. Explorers is maybe you get positive or negative dex .

Dyers Is also pretty common. Gladiators isn't that good or worth using over GK imo.

There isn't really that much reason not to use them to be honest with all that noted. Wulf noted it all better than I could

Either way with what I've noted you're nearly destroying fauzt in two shots or one that you don't really need to sink much damage into it, that you can definitely afford to toss the mo space. I don't think many people are pushing labs on bowzon either and that requires a diff set of preferable gear either way. My mini guide is solely based on farming fauzt fast.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For bossing, I’d take Marksman on a quiver. For mobbing, Fauztinville included, I’d go Elemental Ire. Not required for survival, but it speeds up necrobots kill, therefore speeding up the grind. Unless you try going full elemental with -170ish resists and Laek. According to Wulf, it didn’t go too well.

I meant Giant Knuckle, not Gladiator. That ring is pretty bad on bowzon haha. I’m still trying to get Fauzt gear atm. Lvl 128 with an average bow.

Edit:Ring/ammy mo’s can be put on quivers. You’re right.