Exception in glide3x.dll

Need help installing the mod?
Askedal
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hi,

I have two Diablo II installations, one with MedianXL and a normal one with PlugY. Both are on the same machine with the same grafics driver (NVidia 1060 3GB). In the normal installation I can use 3dfx (or any other video modus) without any problem. In the MedianXl installation I can use 3dfx, d3d or ddraw, but I get two errors in glide3x.dll (even in ddraw or d3d, which is weird) at the end of the game (when Diablo II is closed). I tried a complete new installation, every compatibility setting for the launcher, the game.exe or any maybe related file (like glide3x.dll), but with no luck. Only when I delete the 4 glide files from the game directory and start the game with the "diablo II.exe" I can play with ddraw without error at the end.

The first exception is
---------------------------
Game.exe
An exception (C000000D) occurred during DllEntryPoint or DllMain in module: F:\Spiele\Diablo II Median\glide3x.dll

The second is:
Diablo II Exception
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Einem Dienst oder einer Funktion wurde ein ungültiger Parameter übergeben. (c000000d)
This translates to: An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function (c000000d).

I would like to use 3dfx (or at least d3d) like in my normal installation, any ideas what I can do ?

Many thanks for this great mod and stay healthy

Askedal
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Askedal wrote:Hi.

► Show Spoiler

Try the following: find Game.exe in your "Diablo II" folder and set it to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or alternatively Windows 7. (Revert back these changes if they don't solve the issue).
If what suggested above didn't work, try downloading this: 3D positional audio. Then extract from the archive the files dsound.dll and dsound.INI and drop thm in your D2 directory, where Game.exe can be found. (Remove these files if they didn't solve the problem).
Askedal
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Neither of this worked. But when I remove all compatibility settings for the game.exe only one error occurs.

Diablo II Exception
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

As soon I set any compatibility mode (Windows XP or 7) I get the other two errors (exception (C000000D) instead of AV c0000005).
Askedal
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I just found out that the same error occurs when the Expansion CD is not mounted (I mount an ISO file). Then the message pops up to insert the CD and after canceling this message three times the error occur (the AV c0000005).
When I use the original fog.dll the error doesn't occur.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Askedal wrote:I just found out that the same error occurs when the Expansion CD is not mounted (I mount an ISO file). Then the message pops up to insert the CD and after canceling this message three times the error occur (the AV c0000005).
When I use the original fog.dll the error doesn't occur.

Mount a CD? what for? doesn't sound like you're using a legitimate copy of D2LoD... if this is the case, we cannot offer assistance since it conflicts with our Terms of service. Furthermore the error, although sharing similarities with a known issue, might instead stem from a faulty copy of the base game.
Links that might be of use:
How to install and play D2Lod without the physical CDs.
dgVoodoo alternative to current glide3x.dll and config interface.
Troubleshooting for MXL (see the ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) section).
Askedal
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I own the game on CD and on Blizzard and some years ago I made an ISO file from the CD to be able to mount it fast. That was before I bought the game on Blizzard.
I did a complete wipe (files and registry) and reinstall of diablo II (from the Blizzard Web Site) and MedianXL, but with no luck.
I don't have to insert the CD anymore, but the error still happens. Why does a normal installation works with the same settings, but the MedianXL installation isn't ?
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
A little late response but dsound.dll and dsound.INI worked fine for me, but it worked only on x64 bit version of windows, now I am on x86 and it doesn't.

You can try with Global copy as explained in dsound.ini file, maybe that will work. Also, why do you care about those error, everything is ok but that started to appear after certain windows 10 update.

Edited:

This is the best, the moment I've posted that dsound files weren't working for me on x86 bit version of windows, everything works fine... :roll: