Σ 1.6 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Shelk87
Invader
9 | 0
If this is the wrong place for this then I apologize but I did not want to make a thread just for this and feedback is in the title.

The amount of bosses that need purify is ridiculous, at least how purify is in it's current state. Slow moving, limited range projectile with the smallest of hit boxes makes bosses hard - not because the boss is hard but because you're fighting the only skill usable to damage it. This is the first time I've played Median XL on Ladder and had a need for an account for trading etc but every time I play this mod the purify mechanics turn me off and same with the people I know that play. Something's gotta give, either purify should be adjusted or bosses shouldn't be 'hard' because of a bad mechanic and remove the purify aspect to some of them. It's stupid to have bosses where all my gear, offensively, makes no difference - Atanna Khan comes to mind, where I can just change my entire gear set to be defensive as my only dmg source is either a ring or a charm that you get far too late into the game for how much purify plays a role.

Some suggestions:
Purify temporarily makes bosses vulnerable to normal damage - maybe at a diminished %.
Purify applies a debuff for a certain time, that increases subsequent purify hits. Allow this to stack so consecutive hits do more.
Purify is no longer a projectile but a small aoe on the ground, like the mind control mechanic.
Lower the cooldown of Purify
Increase travel speed of Purify.
Increase the hurt box of Purify.

I'm sure there are other easy to implement kinds of things to make it not feel so awful. Running around for 15minutes while you purify something exclusively is not fun in any capacity.

If I am missing something regarding the purify mechanics, please let me know. The amount of time I have had to spend on bosses that deal with purify just because of these clunky aspects is frustrating to say the least.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Shelk87 wrote:If this is the wrong place for this then I apologize but I did not want to make a thread just for this and feedback is in the title.

The amount of bosses that need purify is ridiculous, at least how purify is in it's current state. Slow moving, limited range projectile with the smallest of hit boxes makes bosses hard - not because the boss is hard but because you're fighting the only skill usable to damage it. This is the first time I've played Median XL on Ladder and had a need for an account for trading etc but every time I play this mod the purify mechanics turn me off and same with the people I know that play. Something's gotta give, either purify should be adjusted or bosses shouldn't be 'hard' because of a bad mechanic and remove the purify aspect to some of them. It's stupid to have bosses where all my gear, offensively, makes no difference - Atanna Khan comes to mind, where I can just change my entire gear set to be defensive as my only dmg source is either a ring or a charm that you get far too late into the game for how much purify plays a role.

Some suggestions:
Purify temporarily makes bosses vulnerable to normal damage - maybe at a diminished %.
Purify applies a debuff for a certain time, that increases subsequent purify hits. Allow this to stack so consecutive hits do more.
Purify is no longer a projectile but a small aoe on the ground, like the mind control mechanic.
Lower the cooldown of Purify
Increase travel speed of Purify.
Increase the hurt box of Purify.

I'm sure there are other easy to implement kinds of things to make it not feel so awful. Running around for 15minutes while you purify something exclusively is not fun in any capacity.

If I am missing something regarding the purify mechanics, please let me know. The amount of time I have had to spend on bosses that deal with purify just because of these clunky aspects is frustrating to say the least.

Unless I'm forgetting something it's just 4 bosses: assur, master control system, Lazarus and nimyr. Assur dies in 2 hits, master control system in 1. That leaves only 2 very endgame bosses where the purify mechanic makes it actually hard, but that also removes the "DPS check" aspect for many bosses. If you are skilled enough you can do Nimyr with only crafts on any class, since that fight only requires good aim, good dodge skills, and building for as much hp as you can. Lazarus is the only one of those that's actually really hard, but then again, he has one of the best charms/trophies in the game.
paolo12
Cog
204 | 18
Also Valthek with somewhat similar mechanics :)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Spirit of giyua
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:Spirit of giyua

Only for the harvesters, which you can prevent from spawning if you run away quick enough
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:
Istaryu wrote:Spirit of giyua

Only for the harvesters, which you can prevent from spawning if you run away quick enough

I'd love to see a kill where you dont use a single purify.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Honorific boots process needs to change, this shit is worse waste of time rng than the old spirit trance herb.

1/9 chance to get 40% move speed means you can run this literally 50x times, get a shit blessing and then run it 50x times again (this without taking into account 1% DR lucky).

Either make it so honorific boots always get 40% move speed or give larzuk an expensive buyable mark of infusion that makes boots automatically 40% (or add it as a world/rift drop w/e, I dont want to grind shenk-the-fucking-overseer at lvl 140+).
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cowking wrote:Honorific boots process needs to change, this shit is worse waste of time rng than the old spirit trance herb.

1/9 chance to get 40% move speed means you can run this literally 50x times, get a shit blessing and then run it 50x times again (this without taking into account 1% DR lucky).

Either make it so honorific boots always get 40% move speed or give larzuk an expensive buyable mark of infusion that makes boots automatically 40% (or add it as a world/rift drop w/e, I dont want to grind shenk-the-fucking-overseer at lvl 140+).

Celestial Wind effigy. Or is the +10 level requirement a deal breaker?
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tbone503 wrote:Or is the +10 level requirement a deal breaker?

On a double MO item where the whole idea is to have fast to access constructable items with no rng in contrast to crafts/uniques... yes.

Mark of infusion was moved to shenk way back when, then sigma 1.0 moved FRW as a rng roll to boots. These two changes individually are fine but combined they have made honorific boots creation the worst it's ever been.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
not to mention the move speed values are weighted towards the middle, so 1/9 isnt even accurate :D its slightly worse