DatDudeJay's Warcry Barbarian - Updated NEW VIDEOS!

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
altoiddealer wrote:Yes, I plan on obtaining and using Arcane Hunger at some point.

Never used it before.

Do I need Life Stolen Per Hit, or LAEK? The Indepth Barb Sword Crafting guide in the OP says Life Stolen per Hit is going to rake in huge damage from Arcane Hunger. Meanwhile, DDJ just said in a reply to bank LAEK and get ready for Arcane Hunger. One of these things is not like the other

so, Life stolen per hit is needed if you dont naturally roll it. Life stolen per hit is ONLY worth mo'ing IF you get
Arcane Hunger
Arcane Hunger
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with a One Handed Weapon
with at least 15% Life Leech to Add Bonus
All Life Leech transformed to +20% Spell Damage
Item Cannot be Unsocketed
(Max 1 Use per Item)
+10 Required Level

life stolen per hit does not leech life on this build, we only mo it to gain the very large benefit of 25% spell damage from arcane hunger.

Some things to point out when crafting:

craft around what you roll - go for a LAEK roll WITH warcry. (best case)

(if you dont hit life stolen per hit on your sword ) You MO with ghal runes would be - 5x 3% life stolen per hit mo's. That makes your sword required 120
you then add arcane hunger . Which makes your sword 130 , then you can either sigil of absolution it twice to make it go back down to 120. Then adding 5x LAEK mystic orbs to make your sword 140. Or you can go for a DPS unique mystic orb whether that is
Orb of Annihilation
Orb of Annihilation
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
10% Chance to cast level 1 Detonate on Melee Attack
+5% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
5% to Energy
+10 Required Level
Wrathspirit
Wrathspirit
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
1% Chance to cast level 46 Punishers when Struck
+3% to Spell Damage
+15 Life after each Kill
+10 Required Level
is up to you.

Obviously if you hit life stolen % on the sword and got lucky that saves you from having to put %life stolen per hit on your sword, which gives you more room for dps Unique mystic orbs or w/e else you want.

you want to be careful when you use arcane hunger because then you can NOT unsocket your item. Once you apply the arcane hunger its perma +10 required levels and unsocketable.

Nicolas72 wrote:Just out of curiosity... If I roll a sword with an "on kill " proc it will or will not trigger ?
I read about the mechanics but it says WDM kill so i am not sure if our kill would have to be "on deathblow" rather.
Inner Fire proc would be nice but i guess thats a no go.
Secondly.... I have been trying to get into Fauzt by completing the Path to Enlightenment challenge.. after a few hours i just managed to kill one of those elemental guys. Is it at all possible to just cry em to death ?
Or would I have to respec to each element in order to complete this ?
Thanks folks

On kill procs do not trigger while using warcry as your main damage source. ONLY on death blow procs will work with warcry.

it is also very doable to do all types of the fauntzville upgrade challenge, obviously you will do the most damage to the phy/magic boss then the other ones. id have to assume your damage atm is just a little low atm, i wouldnt bother respecing to each element to kill one boss at a time. If anything i suggest bringing in other people to help you.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thank you very much for the detailed response!

I think I’m just going to put the sword to the side and roll one with LAEK - and when I finally do get an Arcane Hunger I’ll see if that is still my best sword.

Since my first post, I did finally pull the trigger and switching to this build. I made it very far with the 2H Barb build but this is definitely wayyyyy better for farming. Blazing through Fauzt in half the time it took me before. I understand now how important the LAEK stat is for this build.
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
altoiddealer wrote:Thank you very much for the detailed response!

I think I’m just going to put the sword to the side and roll one with LAEK - and when I finally do get an Arcane Hunger I’ll see if that is still my best sword.

Since my first post, I did finally pull the trigger and switching to this build. I made it very far with the 2H Barb build but this is definitely wayyyyy better for farming. Blazing through Fauzt in half the time it took me before. I understand now how important the LAEK stat is for this build.

yeah after using the mf variant, i feel like it has the potential to be top 5 in terms of a total all around MF char. The pure amount of MF you can get matched with the clear speed makes it insane. i think its possible to hit 800 MF ( w/ Nagapearls) and have a 6-7 min fauntz clear (if not faster).

LAEK makes everything just feel great especially if you want to just dunc/Fauntz obviously. I actually recommend buying the samael charm if you can afford it aswell the 50 LAEK it gives feels great.

If you got more questions just post here and i try to check my thread everyday when i get a little free time.
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jw - What are your thoughts on this ring? :)

► Show Spoiler
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
How to get max res on the Vizjerei necklace ??
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
thysick wrote:How to get max res on the Vizjerei necklace ??

Cube them with a jitan's gate charm
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks again for this guide, this is a great build and it's been very rewarding following it.

I just wanted to point out that the Super Endgame Rifting section factors in a +5 Max Res Nat's Legacy. However, the item has been nerfed and can now only have +4 Max Res. I have a suggestion for the max res that may be suitable... I don't know... although the boots are not really useful for anything else,
Riptide
does add +2 Max Res. I just made my first Nat's which I consider to be pretty good having rolled +3/+3, but I'm still missing
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2091 - 2422) to (2171 - 2514)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
+(51 to 60) Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
30% Hit Recovery
+(10 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+(90 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+(40 to 50) to Energy
+100 to Life
Elemental Resists +15%
+5 to Light Radius
Socketed (2)
Spirit Walker
Spirit Walker
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 696 to 737
+1% Physical Resist per 18% Mana Regeneration
+2 to All Skills
+(50 to 100) Spell Focus
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 1 seconds
+35% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (4)
, as well as a Lotto'd Viz neck and a couple charms - so I'm not quite ready for rifts anyway.
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
altoiddealer wrote:Thanks again for this guide, this is a great build and it's been very rewarding following it.

I just wanted to point out that the Super Endgame Rifting section factors in a +5 Max Res Nat's Legacy. However, the item has been nerfed and can now only have +4 Max Res. I have a suggestion for the max res that may be suitable... I don't know... although the boots are not really useful for anything else,
Riptide
does add +2 Max Res. I just made my first Nat's which I consider to be pretty good having rolled +3/+3, but I'm still missing
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2091 - 2422) to (2171 - 2514)
+2 to All Skills
+(51 to 60) Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
30% Hit Recovery
+(10 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+(90 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+(40 to 50) to Energy
+100 to Life
Elemental Resists +15%
+5 to Light Radius
Socketed (2)
Spirit Walker
Spirit Walker
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 696 to 737
+1% Physical Resist per 18% Mana Regeneration
+2 to All Skills
+(50 to 100) Spell Focus
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 1 seconds
+35% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (4)
, as well as a Lotto'd Viz neck and a couple charms - so I'm not quite ready for rifts anyway.

yeah ive been busy taking online courses and havent had time to edit the small changes that occured in 1.6, but that will be updated.

for the most part there are only minor changes to be made
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
If I got 5k energy and 500 energy factor is it the Max ?, then should I invest in vit now or stay improve energy and spell dmg