SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Dugma
Vampiress
35 | 3
riddyl wrote:
Dugma wrote:Hey, ive been farming dunc from 120 to 130 and i have not found a single sacred rare reflex bow. i think dunc has the best drop rates for sacret gear right? are reflex bows that rare or am i just insanely unlucky?

Rare ones are actually quite scarce, but magic/white ones are pretty common. Get one of these and take it to Charsi for imbue.

Wow, thanks a lot! forgot that you could turn white items into rares with her :roll:
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How are people getting on with labs? I'm only up to Tier 6 at the moment (only casually run a few so far) but the corrupted barbs really destroy me, which will be problematic for lockouts. Any strategies for dealing with them?

Have been using an Abjurer merc for Fautz up until now (7min runs - quite pleased with that) but should I switch over to A2 for more tankiness in labs? Guess as I have Bloodlust already I should go with the one who has Chronofield - or is A5 merc going to work better with MOTW?
strmrdr
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Awesome guide, it helped me a lot!

Wulf wrote:Is an elemental build (Stag Bow) good?
Unfortunately, not from what I've seen. I tried to make it work using a Kraken Stance craft with loads of pierce, dex and Life-after-Each-Kills, but the dmg and sustain simply isn't there. I suspect you'd need loads of very rare items to just have it be on par with a basic physical bow build.

I tried Athulua's Wrath and I have to say it is not bad at all. The thing about elemental is that you do consistent damage to all enemies regardless of resistances. Doing Fautz with your craft Reflex is pretty painful until you do enough damage to kill Necrobots easily (which I have not been able to achieve yet at lvl 136). With Athulua's Wrath it is MUCH easier to deal with the Necrobots, and I don't even have specialized gear for it. You are right that the life leach is pretty weak with an elemental bow, though. May be worth mentioning so people don't feel pigeon-holed into a phys build!
ponponn
Fallen
1 | 0
Why does he puts perfect skulls (10% enhanced damage) in the bow instead of JAH Runes (15% enhanced damage) ?
strmrdr
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
ponponn wrote:Why does he puts perfect skulls (10% enhanced damage) in the bow instead of JAH Runes (15% enhanced damage) ?

For life from Paragon.
ibarc1
Bone Archer
76 | 4
What is the reason behind putting more than 6 points into trinity arrow?
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ibarc1 wrote:What is the reason behind putting more than 6 points into trinity arrow?

Longer range on Wyrmshot.
modeloprince
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey! New to Median XL and I'm just wondering:

As I'm tiering up my bow it's staying at 1 socket throughout.. I'm currently at TU4 and the guide says to fill the bow with perfect skulls. I don't have any sockets to put perfect skulls in however. Am I doing something wrong?
astle
Imp
4 | 0
>this thread
So that is the reason why Tran Athulua is so crowded with bowzons!
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
modeloprince wrote:Hey! New to Median XL and I'm just wondering:

As I'm tiering up my bow it's staying at 1 socket throughout.. I'm currently at TU4 and the guide says to fill the bow with perfect skulls. I don't have any sockets to put perfect skulls in however. Am I doing something wrong?

TUs should roll with max sockets for its base level. Are you definitely using the tiered unique and not a superior/magic/rare reflex bow?