SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Longstaff wrote:I hope you get a chance to kick back and relax a little, and maybe just enjoy the game as a player focused on just having fun for a bit. The community owes you at least that much with all the help and guidance you have brought for others, at the cost of your own time and energy :-)

Yeah im playing other games for now. but one thing i noticed in the last 10 years: i always seem to gravitate back to median no matter how long of a break i take.

your kind words are appreciated :)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wulf wrote:Yeah im playing other games for now. but one thing i noticed in the last 10 years: i always seem to gravitate back to median no matter how long of a break i take.

Odd that I too have a same problem. So many interesting games unfinished and somehow I return to this homepage and begin to lvl some char.
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wulf wrote:
Longstaff wrote:I hope you get a chance to kick back and relax a little, and maybe just enjoy the game as a player focused on just having fun for a bit. The community owes you at least that much with all the help and guidance you have brought for others, at the cost of your own time and energy :-)

Yeah im playing other games for now. but one thing i noticed in the last 10 years: i always seem to gravitate back to median no matter how long of a break i take.

I totally get it! I've been in retro mode for most of this year .. EQ1 & 2 etc ... but when i really need to chill its time for some low intensity turn-based action - Civ 5 or Heroes 6.

ps - My son and I have been playing D1 and War2 and that's really giving us both nostalgia goose bumps - he was only four when he first watched me playing them both all those years ago :-)
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey guys,

is the 40str+dex charm in Teganze (mentioned in the guide) the Umbaru Treasure? If so how do we get it with those atts? Is it through re-rolling by adding runes/essences? I read somewhere that the outcome can be anything from -7/+7 so i was sorta reluctant to burn my essences/runes until I got my boots and belt sorted. Ive got the 4 x EA ready to go and just looking for a decent 4 socket boot, but still need more to make Xis. Should i focus on that first before rerolling the charm?

As always, thank you for the advice and help :-)
Fululf
Gravedigger
196 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Longstaff wrote:Hey guys,

is the 40str+dex charm in Teganze (mentioned in the guide) the Umbaru Treasure? If so how do we get it with those atts? Is it through re-rolling by adding runes/essences? I read somewhere that the outcome can be anything from -7/+7 so i was sorta reluctant to burn my essences/runes until I got my boots and belt sorted. Ive got the 4 x EA ready to go and just looking for a decent 4 socket boot, but still need more to make Xis. Should i focus on that first before rerolling the charm?

Ye, the only charm u get in teganze is the umbaru chest.
The stats are random, but the range is -2 to +5 if I remember correctly, and then u can also add Ghost trance to it after u have rolled it 20 times for +1skills and +11-40 all attribute extra.
As for if u wanna make runewords first or the charm first I'd say it's a personal preference. If I need an xis I will start collecting for it and use any spare essences on the charm.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Longstaff wrote:Hey guys,

Yes, make the 4x Earth boots first (you can gamble the T4 boots from a vendor) and then your Xis Rainbow belt before upgrading the charm.

Word of advice, dont slap 20 runes/essences at once to see if the charm rolled good or bad. go 3 at a time. for instance, if your first 3 transmutes gives you negative str or dex, trash it and start over on a new charm. then, if the first 3 gives you positive value, do another 3, then another 3. then if at 15/20 slots youve all had cool rolls, just slap the last 5 slots in blindly. doing it like this will severly diminish the time youll have to spend in that place for a nice charm.

each teganze full run should give you around 1-2 runestones and 3-4 essences.

AAADrummer
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
This is the first bow build I've ever played. Loving it so much.
Honestly haven't had any issues going through ubers so far but I'm just getting into dunc farming/120 ubers.

Finished up my 400 sigs yesterday.

While farming and rerolling crafted bows I stumbled across an Askarbydd. What's your opinion on Rapid Wyrmshot?

Still working on finding that 200-300 but in the meantime, that OSkill is ripping through everything, including the 120 ubers right now. It's crazy to see. I haven't used Phalanx since getting this bow.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=David_BowRee

Edit: How do I item link something for hover-over image?
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Askar is good, but Phalanx is better. Askar just takes less effort and does slightly do better on some ubers. It's junk for farming.
AAADrummer
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Acry wrote:Askar is good, but Phalanx is better. Askar just takes less effort and does slightly do better on some ubers. It's junk for farming.

Makes sense. I can't really increase the damage on Askar any further but at least this is functioning well for the easy ubers. It does go through Dunc quite well btw. That most likely has more to do with good charms/400 sigs though.

Also - @Acry, I saw you had a post - 30 some pages back that you were showcasing an awesome bow roll on notarmory, got a screenshot or anything of that since your character is now wearing the quest gear?
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AAADrummer wrote:
Acry wrote:Askar is good, but Phalanx is better. Askar just takes less effort and does slightly do better on some ubers. It's junk for farming.

Makes sense. I can't really increase the damage on Askar any further but at least this is functioning well for the easy ubers. It does go through Dunc quite well btw. That most likely has more to do with good charms/400 sigs though.

Also - @Acry, I saw you had a post - 30 some pages back that you were showcasing an awesome bow roll on notarmory, got a screenshot or anything of that since your character is now wearing the quest gear?

Askar will shread dunc because it's closed corridors, low hp mobs, and lower density. It doesn't do nearly as well in Fauzt where you have stuff from all angles. It's definitely decent in Dunc basically.

I don't have any of that gear anymore. Which bow? Icebreaker or my craft? https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=bowzonblowout My craft is still on that char. It's the 358 -> 595 bow. IB is long gone however.