Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Wulf wrote:10/10 banner

My paint skills transcended

akbugger wrote:I leveled up my nagisin to 110, but couldn't digest the Broadside skill. :( It feels to me as if I'm playing a trapsin rather than a naginata. I did use SSU with Broadside cooldown reduction, maybe I overused it a bit. (altough, seeing Akerat melting at lvl 110 in a single Broadside was rather epic - the first char who managed to kill him at that level).
Vampiric icon I'd rewamp completely. Assassin doesn't need it - you got Bloodbath from lvl1 to heal from packs.
Anyhow - really nice guide, t-up for taking time to write this.

Broadside became very important now since the magic damage from backstab is just too big, if you don't like the very concept of it it's a problem indeed... I do love melee options as well, it's why I use batstrike and whirlpool more than necessary sometimes, it's skills you probably missed. But I'll never advise to get away from broadside still.
Killing akarat also is my passion, feel free to watch the video anytime :twisted:
Vampiric icon I agree, I litteraly only use it against kabraxis for fun and in labs, any others places doesn't need it at all. And I tried.
Edited by Lynderika 3 years.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nice well written guide.
Did they fix the bug with Dark Pact - where you couldnt use hadesgate when you were only shadow refuged?
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
My idea of Nagasin was always oscilating around shunpo and play as Pouncezon mostly, since Hoovering Dame was a thing. Sadly never was able to find it. So I craft Broadside on kill Nagi and Whirlpool boots, and now I am happy enough for this build so far. The rest of my gear is: Blind Anger, Witchhunter hood, Endless loop, Strength beyong strenght, Ahulua Oracle, and 2xripstar. On switch Shamanka.

The pianology is:
LMB - Bloodbath
Q - Shunpo
W - weapon switch
E - Shadow refugee
R - Wihirlpool
D - Broadside
A - Barrier strike
Z - queen of blades

The playstyle look like: bloodbath buff -> shunpo everything in siagt -> maintaing shadow refugee buff -> Whirlpool/Broadside bosses and single targets.

Nagi:

Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Manu300000 wrote:Nice well written guide.
Did they fix the bug with Dark Pact - where you couldnt use hadesgate when you were only shadow refuged?

Thanks !
Since 1.6 only bloodbath is needed for Hades Gates spamming, I did not test it myself but I heard Dark pact indeed work by itself, and you can spam freely.

ixvid_ wrote:My idea of Nagasin was always oscilating around shunpo and play as Pouncezon mostly, since Hoovering Dame was a thing. Sadly never was able to find it. So I craft Broadside on kill Nagi and Whirlpool boots, and now I am happy enough for this build so far. The rest of my gear is: Blind Anger, Witchhunter hood, Endless loop, Strength beyong strenght, Ahulua Oracle, and 2xripstar. On switch Shamanka.

The pianology is:
LMB - Bloodbath
Q - Shunpo
W - weapon switch
E - Shadow refugee
R - Wihirlpool
D - Broadside
A - Barrier strike
Z - queen of blades

The playstyle look like: bloodbath buff -> shunpo everything in siagt -> maintaing shadow refugee buff -> Whirlpool/Broadside bosses and single targets.

Nagi:

Shunpo sin were strong in a time I did not experience, right now I'm not a big fan since hades gates have twice the damage, but it does feel good especially with whirlpool indeed, moving from pack to pack and whirlpooling sure is fun, especially in Torajan jungles.
Set up look cool but don't underestimate backstab magic damage, I recommand you to put some point in it to use it after a broadside, it will help a lot, offensively and defensively. Also bloodbath probably is not very useful if you have enough regen, doesn't look worth in this situation since it's mostly to help Hades Gates
Have fun !
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Have you ever compared element naginata with ED naginata, 140lv, which damage is higher?
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
huangyunshy wrote:Have you ever compared element naginata with ED naginata, 140lv, which damage is higher?

BoneSpirit (on discord) have tried some
Black Ice
Black Ice
Halberd (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 71 to 100
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 70
Required Dexterity: 558
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Vitality)
Area Effect Attack
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+(10 to 15) to Assassin Skill Levels
200% Bonus to Attack Rating
20% Innate Elemental Damage
-30% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(3 to 9) to Whirlpool
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
+5 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
set ups, this is what he ended with :
► Show Spoiler

For reference, here's what my nagi set up look like with a good craft :
In lab with defensive gear :
► Show Spoiler

With fully offensive gear (what I can at least) :
► Show Spoiler

Basically, elemental require ridiculous gear to get close to phy level and depend on pierce, while Phy and magic damage are more consistant, and leech.
Ways are cool but their scaling is limited, and anathema is too weak (1% omegalul) to save elemental weapons. On the other hand Nagi have insane base damage and the best possible dex scaling and all, it would be weird to not abuse that.

I think for now the only place you want some elemental damages is fauzt, and even then it's better to just have both
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Finally someone made a nagi guide, great job!
I've mained nagi mostly since sigma 1.0 and it has become my favorite build as well. Good to see there are a few of us out there :)

I feel like ways could be explored more for this build, as they are about half of what this spec has to offer. I also want to mention wots/poison setup probably outshines every other nagi spec if we're talking about fast farming (especially fauzt). Two other things I felt were missed a bit is how good Snake Pit set is, and how nagi is in the top 2-3 best and cheapest Laz farmer builds.

Maybe a higher involvement of the merc in this guide would be nice too, chars that teleport as primary attack tend to benefit from mercs the most. They will absorb tons of hits and rarely die because you can micro. The proper transition IMO is a5 merc until lab, then shapeshifter, no point wasting time with bloodmage gear when u have wots.

Regarding
Black Ice
Black Ice
Halberd (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Vitality)
Area Effect Attack
+(3 to 9) to Whirlpool
+5 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
, this is a pretty great item and I feel it's being undervalued.
► Mini Rant
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:Finally someone made a nagi guide, great job!
I've mained nagi mostly since sigma 1.0 and it has become my favorite build as well. Good to see there are a few of us out there :)

I feel like ways could be explored more for this build, as they are about half of what this spec has to offer. I also want to mention wots/poison setup probably outshines every other nagi spec if we're talking about fast farming (especially fauzt). Two other things I felt were missed a bit is how good Snake Pit set is, and how nagi is in the top 2-3 best and cheapest Laz farmer builds.

Maybe a higher involvement of the merc in this guide would be nice too, chars that teleport as primary attack tend to benefit from mercs the most. They will absorb tons of hits and rarely die because you can micro. The proper transition IMO is a5 merc until lab, then shapeshifter, no point wasting time with bloodmage gear when u have wots.

Regarding
Black Ice
Black Ice
Halberd (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Vitality)
Area Effect Attack
+(3 to 9) to Whirlpool
+5 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
► Mini Rant

Black ice might be better than most phys Nagi's builds but not worth to invest that much into a build that does just a little better than others, there are so many downsides, the life on striking does not compare with lifesteal,getting AR is painful , you will be more tanky with black ice but that will only help in lab, and nagi aint the best build for lab no matter how tanky you are .. these elemental bases need some kind of pierce affix , because getting stats + pierce is much harder than phys damage and it does not beat physical damage at all
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:

Regarding
Black Ice
Black Ice
Halberd (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Vitality)
Area Effect Attack
+(3 to 9) to Whirlpool
+5 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
► Mini Rant

Black ice might be better than most phys Nagi's builds but not worth to invest that much into a build that does just a little better than others, there are so many downsides, the life on striking does not compare with lifesteal,getting AR is painful , you will be more tanky with black ice but that will only help in lab, and nagi aint the best build for lab no matter how tanky you are .. these elemental bases need some kind of pierce affix , because getting stats + pierce is much harder than phys damage and it does not beat physical damage at all

fair opinion, but this guide is specifically about building a nagi assassin and not what class is best/cheapest for lab.

Not everyone likes to play Paladin.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge

Regarding
Black Ice
Black Ice
Halberd (Sacred)

(Assassin Only)
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Vitality)
Area Effect Attack
+(3 to 9) to Whirlpool
+5 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
► Mini Rant

I did say a lot of part of Nagi come to personnal preference, but to see my exact opposite xD Dude here I am, wanting more options to put points into because I don't like having my remaining in way of the Gryphon, and a dev come and say ways should be more explored and are half the build... To me ways litteraly just are a "get ez fauzt" option 8-) Nothing more. Also my experience with spider is very limited, as I only used it to level until 120 before 1.6. After that it seemed really not enough without pierce, and since I always were SSF... I did not try it. I mentionned poison spec thanks to you when you talked about it, but I really, really am not convinced myself. Fauzt farming feel super good with just gryphon, phoenix, and ZKT. Fryst + poison seem so far for me, but I'd really like to see how it do when properly setted up.

My goal with this guide was more to share my experiences, so merc section for exemple is not extremely detailled because I only talked about what I used and why, not every possibilities. In that regard the vietnamese guide is better, I'll put a link to it. Also again you go the opposite way, saying "who need bloodmage when we have spider" when I use bloodmage exactly because I don't use it xD I did mentionned it so it should be fine, probably. As for lab mercs, I have not tried them for now, when I do I'll sure add it if I found that bear useful.

That black ice lore is pretty cool, I kinda wondered why cold when it had nothing to do with anything in the kit, look like it's exactly why it was chosen this way !
I do think and mentionned it's a cool defensive option, the life on striking is pretty sick and more consistant than it initially look like, and all stats are good, seeing someone kill samael with it surprised me but I kinda understand. I'll probably put a mention about super end game defensive option for labs and sam. I only talked about damage in my reply because it's what were asked, but do not underestimate the defensive aspect, don't worry.
I just don't have lots of experience in labs in general so please don't hesistate to add more about that. I'll then add my conclusion after playing enough

I do have a mention about how Nagi is one of the best classes for Laz (only pala is better from what I heard, is it that?), As for snake pit... as you can imagine with my affiliation with spider it's kinda weird. I see the good stats, but in the end I only consider the fact that you lose whirlpool for Hyena Strike, and am not exactly sure when it end up useful. Maybe sam but that's loosing so much gear space I'm not even sure.
Edited by Lynderika 3 years.