What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This sound like something with high potential.

Title : Kono Oto Tomare!
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life

Genres: Drama, Music, Romance, School, Shounen

It have been awhile since I watch a music anime, especially the one that focus on being a team in club activity and trying to aim for national level. This is kinda staple for sports / shounen anime, but make no mistake about this anime.

I need to explain that the word "koto" refer to word sound & the instrument focused in this anime (string instrument playing horizontally). Despite the tag the shounen in the anime, this is definitely felt shoujo to me, although the main points of the story is not really romance. It feel like the artstyle, the comedy style as well as several moment encounter that felt shoujo-ish. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, the premise is about our protagonist who trying to keep his Koto club alive by recruiting new members.

He met 2 person which 1 is violent gangster, but have previous experience with Koto instrument from his grandfather. The second person our protagonist met is the daughter of a well known school who for some reason came to his school instead of joining elite school. The story is mostly revolved about our club members grew throughout the season become a good Koto team for national championship. Just like normal other school anime, they learnt about hardship, struggle, and trying to overcome the challenges.

This one probably might be on boring part as it felt mundane and quite slow at a time. But it have pretty nice synergy between characters that made you wanted to cheer them on to success. At least it quite entertaining, at least when they started to play Koto seriously.

Alternative : Chihayafuru & March came like a Lion are definitely 2 closest feeling i got while watching. Other similar anime is probably Hibike! Euphonium & Your lie in April which both are definitely much more polished anime.

The ultimate four nations of isekai.
Title: Isekai Quartet
Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Parody

Put my usual paragraph about spin-off of franchise here. Much more unique way to create a spin-off is to combine several franchise into one, which will ensure good amount of references for fan of the anime.

It this anime is good? Depending on how well you know with the series. The animation style is the usual chibi style spin off anime and with only runtime of 11 minute (half of normal anime), so this is just a short anime pretty much. There arent memorable moment in the anime though, pretty much hit / miss depending on the comedy type you enjoy. Again, the logic from their world doesnt apply to other characters.

Strongest parts of the anime is the funny interaction inbetween characters no doubt. This are probably fanfiction wet dream where you see combination from comedy anime, with serious anime, which resulting entertaining show. I also liked the song for both OP & ED, but mostly the ED where it introduced main female from each franchise to sing alone. As for the plot, basically all character from the franchises are teleport into a world where they need to attend to a school and become classmates.

Funny & chaos, this is highly recommend if you at least watched all series. If you didnt, then most of the references will fly over your head. This anime are shorts and swift and played a lot with franchise & high school jokes.

Alternative : 2 anime to my mind immediately. One is Carnival Phantasm and another one is Attack on Titan Highschool. But if you are fan of absurd comedy, then I guess Asobi Asobase & Nichijou are more better quality wise.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Feel like something SJW about this anime.

Title : Arte
Genres: Drama, Historical, Romance, Seinen, Slice of Life

Historical is one of genre that I rarely watch in anime. Some that use it as a background setting for the whole, while some try create a story based on real world person in the past. I believe this loosely created based real person based on several review i read.

This anime set in Renaissance era where artistic + workmancraftship become main jobs for people in the era. Our protagonist character, which was a lady born as a noble, become fascinated with arts to a point where she keep drawing everyday. Being a noble, this is kinda against the tradition as those artist job are seen as lower group of people's job, so her mother was really against the idea. With sheer determination to become a proper artist, she seek to work as apprentice from local workshop.

Turn out, all jobs are dominated by males & being nobles herself made everyone turned her away as most of the jobs are required strength and lots of hardwork. First couple of episodes watching this anime, it feel like gender discrimination are everywhere in the series. It became tedious until plot finally changed around when she went to work on other specific task hired by noble. Animation wise, I feel like it slightly average since this anime have potential to become something beautiful but failed as I feel bored alot while watching this.

I dunno about the source material, but this anime feel like have potential to become great. But because of many negative parts, it made me bored most of the times.

Alternative : Violet Evergarden no doubt are masterpiece with similar setting to this anime. Another strong contender would be Runway de Waratte which another anime im truly enjoyed this year. Another 2 heroine based anime are probably Akagami no Shirayuki-hime & Mahoutsukai no Yome.

Joro's Bizarre Adventure

Title : Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo
ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me?

Genre : Genres: Harem, Comedy, Romance, School

Harem romcom in school, what kinda cliche nowadays for any anime viewer. It such a popular genre especially if it adaptation from visual novel. However, some of them managed to put something different by being more dramatic or putting a lot of plot twist.

The plot twist of this anime.... THERE ARE TOO MANY PLOT TWIST. You might find it improbable coincidence, but for it just ridiculous circumstances that made the show entertaining for me. The anime protagonist at least someone who have a backbone unlike most wussy pussy magnet in many other harem anime. However, that alone is not alone is to say that this anime really something great. There anime indeed have a couple of great episodes (i think first 3 episodes are pretty good, and one 1 pool episode) but it doesnt retain the quality for whole season.

As for characters, i guess they are kind like cardboard cut out with varied characters type in typical harem anime. The only other strong parts about the anime are the scheme that the girls have been planning with our protagonist (hence the plottwist). Some of the scenes are a bit emotional especially the plot twist revelation as well as some conclusion of the small arc inbetween couple of episodes. Anime production wise are pretty good, perhaps probably quite good for anime of this genre.

It is a masterpiece? Definitely not, but even if you hate harem romcom, i highly recommend you to try watch this anime. While sometimes the event felt ridiculous, but it is throughout pretty decent and enjoyable anime.

Alternative : Too many anime of this type so I would just randomly type one here and you can try google about the the title : Oregairu, Hensuki, Nisekoi, Masamunekun no Revenge, Oreshura, Gamers, Bokuben, Noucome, & Nisekoi
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Im PERSONA-lly got bored watching this.

Title : Persona 5 the Animation
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural

How can you adapted 100++ hours gameplay into 8 hours anime? You trimmed all the fat and focused on more important parts of course. But most of the times, it is better to focus to adapt several chapter from the games rather than focusing adapting 100% of the games.

This anime have many issues. I dont mind watching poor video games adaptation which generally butchered the pacing of source material. But some of the requirement must be met, such as it is should be enjoyable, intriguing plot point, a proper exposition about the world, and maybe awesome action scenes. But sadly this anime have none of it. It boiled down to unable to focus the anime direction, i dunno if it wanted to be as stylized as the games, an intriguing mystery element, and a proper action combat anime.

This anime is failure to me. The only redeeming part is probably because i havent play the games, so at least some of the plots are interesting. Another strength anime are probably the music of the anime. Character wise, i think most of the character ARE FREAKING BORING, aside from maybe a female hacker that appeared mid-season (and nice plot revolved around her). Thankfully the quality of anime are bare boned and not exactly badly anime like many other terrible anime out there.

Should you watch this anime? Definitely no, I think you better go watch a synopsis or lets play of the games itself. It was boring to me most of the times that im glad i finished the anime.

Alternative : I think i would recommend series that have a group of people work together to solve their problem like Kiznaiver, Kokoro Connect, Re:Creators & maybe Rokka no Yuusha.

Another same problematic anime, ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Title : UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2
UQ Holder!

Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Magic, Fantasy, Shounen

What would you do to a profitable franchise that already ended, but publisher requesting for more milking potential. You extend the universe with a spin off characters that might be related / not related to original character. Im not saying this particular was milked, but this particular anime adaptation are felt like it. This original series have been adapted MULTIPLE times with varied quality and this spin off also have 2 adaptation in form of OVA and TV series.

I will be honest, I was hyped when I watched the first episode of this anime which is really intriguing and powerful a point that it made me wanted to watch it continuously. However I noticed that with just 12 episodes, it feel like covering several big arcs. Then I do a research that the anime apparently trying to cramp 140 chapters into JUST TWELVE EPISODES! No wonder while the series feel like bombastic non stop actions series, it just feel empty are lacked of proper build up as this series supposed to be like 50 episodes at least.

Speaking about battles, i can say that this anime at least enjoyable. The combat feel intense and fight with big bad villain in the middle of season feel have a lot weight into it. It just sad that we couldnt able to see the growth of the main characters but instead just seeing him gathering power from nowhere. Characters wise, it is ok as normal shounen series go. There arent memorable part about them aside from several characters from older series doing some cameo.

This personally hurt me. The original series despite not really great quality, I have a lot nostalgia with especially with the re-used OP song. Despite pulling me in the beginning, it is at the end is just a popcorn series that barely have proper plot progression. I dont think i can recommend unless you watched all other original negima series & spinoff.

Alternative : I can say one thing, go watch all previous Negima adaptations (tv series, tv spinoff, ova, movie)
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I AM THE PROTAGONIST!

Title : Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta...
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Fantasy, School

There are WAY TOO MANY isekai light novel adaptation out there that to a point it became boring as it always feel samey. A powerful character who reborned a fantasy world with previous world knowledge and somewhat able to become most OP character in whole universe. This anime is a bit different as our protagonist are born into a Otome (female-ish) Visual Novel world where she became as main antagonist.

From title alone, you should be able to predict that basically as antagonist of the games, she are doomed to be executed regardless what the main girl (protagonist from visual novel) choose as her romance partner / routes. So she need to work hard in order for all romance flags didnt trigger so she can get a better ending. Along the way, she will met several colourful characters that revolved around several nobles friends and potential life partner for the main girl. Dont expect it to be heavy drama / mystery solving (ala Death Note) though.

Our protagonist instead work hard by trying to become friends with all of characters in the series, which IMO made this series much more fun & engaging for whole series. So instead becaming villainess like the Visual Novel games, she have to do opposite to staty alive. As for anime production, i think it quite cute and calming art style with colourful pallette (from of my fav studio Silver Link). The OP & ED song also quite fun and nice to hear. Just take note that plot wise, it probably only very hevy for first 3 episodes and last 3 episodes, as the mid parts reserved mostly for friendship boding.

I highly recommend this anime if you wanted something fun & cheerful. Granted that this anime arent serious like what title written. Kinda neat able to see how nobles work especially their toward their friends / rank.

Alternative : Since this very visual novel ish anime for girl, so i suggest similar feeling anime : Ouran Host Club, The World only God Knows (one of my fav), Akagami no Shiroyuki Hime, and the modern remake for Fruits Basket.

American Idol, the anime.

Title : Carole & Tuesday
Genres: Drama, Music, Sci-Fi

Music genre in anime is abit tricky, because it depend either you like the specific genre of music itself. Even if the story said that the characters are the best music players in the series, it will failed so badly if it doesnt get a proper anime production.

This anime is about a fateful encounter between 2 characters while playing music on a bridge. Moving forward they wanted to work together to create music & playing in front live audiences. The series is about the journey of those who finally reached the exciting 7 minute concert which was teased in the beginning of each episodes. Despite being anime, this feel like western style with normal english characters name and all of the songs are in english. While I dont really enjoy most of the song, I can appreciate the production spent on each of them. There are ALOT of songs in the whole 24 episodes series.

As for setting, it setup in a distant future where technology take over the world. With powerful AI, you can make everything from creating music, virtual idol, video production or simply take care of your day to day life. This make our 2 protagonist kinda unique, because they really who hard to create their own song without relying on modern technology. Anime production is really superb with very fluid animation, enchanting musical performance in almost all episodes as well as unique & varied character designs.

Despite it being good, you really to appreciate music or anime production to truly enjoy this anime. There arent much drama or serious stuff in the anime, it more like just simple story about 2 characters reaching to the top.

Alternative : Your lie in April & Hibike! Euphorium both are more emotional and better quality music based anime. If you want anime that girls hangout & work hard together then Sora Yori mou Tooi Bashou & K-On (seriously, you shouldve watch it by now) feel similar to each other.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Twins? NAH get 5 of them instead.

Title : 5-toubun no Hanayome
The Quintessential Quintuplets

Genres: Harem, Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen

At this point you probably would be asking me how I can stand several mediocre harem romcom flooded the market nowadays. Im gonna tell you that I grew on them in early 2000s to a point that my bar are much lower so most of them are enjoyable to me.

This anime is changing on the formula by adding 5 different girls who came from same family, in fact all of them are twins that have different personality & hairstyles. Our protagonist are kinda short on money, so he was tasked to teach the girls as tutor in order to get enough money for back loans. So the story are pretty much a simple story where our protagonist began to understand more about each girls and while the girl develop some romance feeling toward him.

As for story plot goes, it is pretty much carbon copy most of other harem romcom about meeting people, studying for exam, going for school trips & holiday while developing the story line. While I feel the story are feel more dramatic, the series feel lack of focus of genres as I feel flat bored while watching this. Each of girls feel like have their own quirk and something deep for their background story, in the end it feel like protagonist are just moving forward with the flow. As for anime production, i feel average especially the comedic moment feel lack of punch.

If you trust MAL, this anime is more higher than many my other recommended harem romcom. But I couldnt enjoy this as the plot feel going nowhere and it lacked of focus to put it just a bit above my threshold bar.

Alternative : Bokuben despite having lower score, is more enjoyable to me (comedy part). As this anime feel less comedy to me, im just gonna suggest a more serious similar feeling anime : Oregairu, Bunny Girl Senpai & maybe classic Nisekoi.

WHY? Just why?

Title : Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation
Sakura Wars the Animation

Genres: Sci-Fi, Adventure, Mecha, Shounen

This sakura wars series was some what classic games (i think during dreamcast era) which was adapted into service-able anime. While it wasnt great, at least i remember it for trying to merge several genres with colourful casts. I dont remember the details but i do remember at least there something unique about the mecha design specifically.

Now we got a new adaptation for the game which seem like recently released for PS4. Im aware that it is quite hard to adapt video games especially the one that have long play hours and have to be cramped down into just several episodes. Despite being fully 3D anime, I dont have issue with it as long as it is interesting. First of all, the story start quite fast with whole team already assembled, this leave us with no real protagonist to root for (I believe you play as the male as main character) aside for that specific character who named sakura.

Ok, with 3D it is no brainer to just put extra effort to into battle scenes right? This anime ALSO FREAKING BUTCHER IT! While I can get into a modern steam-punkish mecha with colour design, but there is no effort explain how the mecha work nor why the enemy are attacking. It always have been enemy appear, then team grouped up and beat the enemy. Every battle scene felt low effort with colourful spell filling whole screen. Characters wise is also standard, aside i didnt see any big growth among. Worse part is because it is 3D animate, it just feel like marionette with voice over.

I love the studio, at least previous anime was good. But i dunno why was this so bad in many way. Even I rewatch the older anime i feel abit more interesting than this. I suggest just skip it all together (score is pretty low on MAL as well)

Alternative : Girl with mecha arent many, but as for squad based, probably go watch Girl Und Panzer, Strike Witches, Rinne no Lagrange & Sky Girls (yes, not many mecha girls I watched lately, all quite old anime suggestion)

EDITED : After some reading, it is explained that the anime is a continuation of PS4 game (2020) with a new storyline & a new character. That explained why some characters development are missing and they assume you already played the game. I still treat this anime as bad adaptation though.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It was worth the wait.

Title : Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Genres: Action, Mecha, Military

This franchise last aired was 13 years ago, people have been requesting for a continuation of this anime for awhile but ALAS because of the studio was keep changing, it was kinda hard to retain the consistency quality of the anime. But fear not, this is faithful adaptation to a point it even retained old anime production art style.

The anime from the get go assume you already watched all previous episodes, thus it started with a bang. The story pretty much a clash of mercenary group who wanted to take down each other. Our protagonist are entangled with a girl that have a power of premonition (kinda predict future stuff) thus it was such nerve wrecking to watch him fighting all the enemy while protecting the girl. The episodes with combat are very well direct to a point you wanted to keep watching over and over again (except for some downtime in the middle)

Some people might be turned off with 3D mecha battle, but judging with the studio track record, I guess this quite good quality. It such a fun & joy moment to watch the characters interacting between team members as well as the intriguing part of dealing the enemy. While previous anime series have a bit more cheerful moments, but this anime have very little dull moments. It just kinda sad that this season is only 12 episodes while it doesnt resolve the whole plot with the franchise.

I can only recommend if you watched at least some of previous season as this one doesnt have much characters development. Im loving it because it is was my old childhood anime that i loved in the past.

Alternative : Mercenary / military anime is something i rarely watch nowadays so I have to recommend several old animes. Black Lagoon, Jormungard, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, and maybe some mecha type anime like Aldnoah Zero, any modern gundam (00 or Iron Blood Orphan) and lastly maybe Eureka Seven
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cyberpunk 2077 boxing anime

Title : Megalo Box
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Sports, Drama

I always say about spin-off where they recreated an anime within same universe but with different character. What if you made an original production based on famous manga anniversary (Ashita no Joe) and totally use all new characters, setting & plot design aside from a protagonist named Joe? You get this anime.

From the get go, you will get to know that production of this anime is superb and high quality. It managed to nail down gritty artstyle & serious tones of underground boxing world. Our protagonist who started at bottom, have no other choice than involved in gambling manipulation by losing on purpose to earn some money. With only 13 episodes, this anime managed to create to intense story about underdog who worked hard to climb to the top. While I wouldnt consider myself as enjoying the series, but I afraid the quality put into this series.

As for the world setting, this is set in the not distance future where boxer can use "gear" to enhance their performance in boxing match. After several issue with his own gear, our protagonist climbed up with nicknamed "gearless joe" where he used his raw power & speed to out do his opponent. As for other characters, mostly are supports character and there are only some noticeable opponent. Although personally i wish our protagonist have more personality other than not giving up as there arent many training montage to show his working hard.

Definitely watch this anime. While it is not entertaining or overdramatic like a shounen anime could be, this dark & gritty anime suitable if you wanted to try something different, especially if you havent watch any boxing anime.

Alternative : As I said, I never watched boxing anime, so I will suggest similar dark & gritty anime that gave me same feeling : Samurai Champloo, Rainbow, Cowboy Bebop & Redline (movie)

Finally a good SAO?

Title : Sword Art Online: Alicization
Genres: Action, Game, Adventure, Romance, Fantasy

SAO have been made fun of in general because of its childish writing who aimed for teenager power fantasy. So its popularity made it into several video games and anime adaptation (including spin off) that made you either like it or hate it.

This season of SAO is a small continuation from other 2 seasons, mainly it only emphasized more on our protagonist who got forced into coma by some stranger (spoiler for 1st episode) which put him into a machine that simulation a fantasy world in accelerated times. I always wonder how brain will work if you can connect your brain into computer, especially how fast synapse work together, so this anime kinda a dream come true for me. I dont remember the exact value, but it is something like 3 weeks for real world for 300 years in the simulation world.

Actually this anime tried to tackle a lot big plots (rogue AI, experimental secret project, brain dive device) that couldnt get focused much / properly in whole 26 episodes. Instead, we got to focus solely on story inside the simulation world where our protagonist trying to save a girl with his best friends. As usually, there are powerful villain knight army that will stop his journey. The combat animation in this series feel bombastic especially the awesome camera angle & sound effects.

Is it awesome must watch anime of the season? Not really, it is just a very fun popcorn anime that I enjoyed most of the run times. Granted there arent much depth in everything, but it is worth to watch just the journey of our protagonist.

Alternative : Random anime suggestion since this genres are plenty of them like Fate Zero, Owari no Seraph, Attack on Titan & maybe Tate no Yuusha.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
OP AS HECK!

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e
The Misfit of Demon King Academy

Genres: Action, Demons, Magic, Fantasy, School

It is no doubt that light novel writer tend to like putting power fantasy into their main characters. It even more worst when it is OP as heck to point of a world destroyer or saviour level. It is fine they write down the origin of the character or maybe make fun of it (like one punch man). But what the point of it when most of the problem in the series are solved easily with just 1 spell.

This anime started with an OP main protagonist who was Demon King that imprisoned for two thousand years. After a small changes to the demon world history, he came back to claim the throne and reclaim title of the real demon king. And what is the best method to do that? BY ENTERING FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL. You might think im negative about this anime, but i think the problem probably depend if you can enjoy mindless popcorn action flick without plots pretty much. Even competition that happened in this series have zero stake, you will know exactly how it will turn out.

Aside from our main protagonist, all other characters are super boring and merely overshadowed by him. In many other power fantasy anime, usually they have colourful helper characters that can assist or at least being an entertaining character. As for the story wise, yes it got a world building in a world where we have heroes vs demons, to point that it became pointless throughout the series. As for anime production wise, it was one of my favourite studio so i think most OP spell are very flashy & pretty.

Should you watch this anime? Yes only if you dont mind mindless OP power fantasy character who being cocky and bully other lesser being, then you will enjoy this anime. I think it is enjoyable, but it felt shallow.

Alternative : 4 characters I feel very similar to this character design in other anime are : Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Hataraku Maou Sama, Overlord & my trashy favourite anime titled How Not to Summon a Demon Lord

Why this was overhyped as hell?

Title : The God of High School
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Comedy, Supernatural, Martial Arts, Fantasy

I noticed lately that there are more korean webtoons & crunchyroll anime adaptation on the market. It is not that i personally dont like it, but sometimes studio tried to bring it to the market without understand why the source material works.

The way to describe this anime is that it is a over-the-top battle anime that focus on tournaments around high school students. But before i go deep into the story, I will start with saying that animation of this anime are top notch. The animation feel fluid & dynamic, especially certain combat fights that quite intense and have camera angles. But that pretty much all good things i can say about this anime. Mainly because this anime missing a lot proper setup that made it is just spectacle popcorn action flick, with nothing else.

The story start pretty strong by showing our 3 characters strength. Then immediately the series started with a tournament where everyone participated and showing their true power. Aside from some foreshadow story about our main characters, there arent many moments that show on how each characters get freaking strong. Because this isnt purely martial arts anime, the element of super natural pretty much killed this anime for me. How each super powers works? No time to explain, just do flashy stuffs on the screen.

As usual, if you want to watch over the top action anime, pretty go watch this, but because there arent depth in characters, motivation, plots everything feels like super shallow just flashy. Animation production is pretty good though.

Alternative : Random battle anime with tournament that i can remember (as i dont watch many of them). Hunter X Hunter, Tower of God, Megalo Box & maybe super old anime The Law of Ueki
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
A boring anime that lead to nowhere.

Title : Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Harem

First of all, I know this anime would be bad, so i can set my expectation pretty low. BUT IT STILL went much lower to a point i dunno who is target animation of this series.

This anime start with crazy messed up plots that bring students to another world. Apparently each of the students granted an ability with variety of power from spell damage or support. To make it as a story, our protagonist got a super weak support spell and deem useless by others. He got betrayed in the beginning thus the edgy part of our protagonist to seek revenge and return back home. Sadly, this main plot arent touched much any more and it went to typical cliche isekai anime with OP characters.

I think the main issue about this anime is the quality of anime production. It feel like too low quality especially all the fights with 3D CGI, especially the weak scene direction with bad timing of unclear goal of wanted to create comedy sketch or serious tones. Our protagonist is accompanied by female character that seem useless and boring. Feel like there are no reason for them to tag together throughout the journey (sound like harem protagonist eh?). Lastly, i can just say this series IS FREAKINB BORING.

I wouldnt be harsh to a point of giving 1/10 like many MAL user did, but i think this anime is below average. While other C tier anime tend to have some redeeming feature, this one didnt have any and just a waste of time.

Alternative : For similar isekai feeling, i guess Rising of Shield Hero & Reincarnated as Slime is much better quality. As for edgy feeling i guess tokyo ghoul and maybe parasyte (especially 2nd half)
LuckyMan
Skeleton
2 | 0
Started watching dbz