Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
paolo12
Cog
203 | 18
Take a look under your post in caster sorceress thread.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Giu wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:what type of mercenary is recommended to pair with a cold/lightning sorc?

a5 merc

Thanks. Any reason why a5 Merc is particularly effective with a cold/lightning sorc?

I was wondering whether A1 merc would complement since we have ice elementals as tanks but lack physical damage for cold/lightning immunes.
Giu
Core Lord
386 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
patrick_pkl wrote:
Giu wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:what type of mercenary is recommended to pair with a cold/lightning sorc?

a5 merc

Thanks. Any reason why a5 Merc is particularly effective with a cold/lightning sorc?

I was wondering whether A1 merc would complement since we have ice elementals as tanks but lack physical damage for cold/lightning immunes.

he can tank and buff for you, there's no immunes in median.
uberecht
Sasquatch
65 | 6
uberecht wrote:Mystic Orbs have an upper limit of 200% for enhanced damage/enhanced defense.
Is this also the case for other stats (such as, say enhanced weapon damage), as in, is there a general upper limit of 200 for stats from mystic orbs ?

Still looking for an answer, thx.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
uberecht wrote:
uberecht wrote:Mystic Orbs have an upper limit of 200% for enhanced damage/enhanced defense.
Is this also the case for other stats (such as, say enhanced weapon damage), as in, is there a general upper limit of 200 for stats from mystic orbs ?

Still looking for an answer, thx.

Those two are the only intended ones I think. There is a limit on how much mana an item can give, but that is an engine bug and the value is high enough that only endgame mana-sorcs have to worry about it. Forgot the exact value though. I am not aware of any other stat caps on items.

edit:
200% enhanced damage/defence (ed) is not a mystic orb limitation, but a general item limitation. No item can have above 200% ed except for runewords (which are technically speaking two items in one):

Runewords can go above 200% ed when you apply the mystic orbs before inserting the rune into the item. You must pay special attention to the resulting level-requirements though.

edit2:
ah and items can go above 200%ed by inserting jah/xis runes or perfect skulls. This works because the socketables also count as "extra items within the item" and aren't part of the item itself (as opposed to mystic orbs).
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
timmermac wrote:Is there any way to look at the old forums? Back from the Laz days?

Still looking for an answer to this...
isthisminecraft
Stygian Watcher
40 | 2
can you still pay to have a character transferred to singleplayer?
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
isthisminecraft wrote:can you still pay to have a character transferred to singleplayer?

no
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
isthisminecraft wrote:can you still pay to have a character transferred to singleplayer?

i think they dont have that services yet so its not allow.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Which class/build is the best for the hardest end-game rifts and dungeons? I'm guessing some type of paladin build?