Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Can someone tell me how gamble works? For example, I want to get Leather Gloves T4. At what level can I start looking? Does it depend on the ilvl of the item or does it only affect the character level?
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
DeaTh wrote:Can someone tell me how gamble works? For example, I want to get Leather Gloves T4. At what level can I start looking? Does it depend on the ilvl of the item or does it only affect the character level?

Only affected by rng and your lvl
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Caleb wrote:Only affected by rng and your lvl

Well thank you. But still it's not clear at what lvl what tier it comes across.
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
DeaTh wrote:
Caleb wrote:Only affected by rng and your lvl

Well thank you. But still it's not clear at what lvl what tier it comes across.

The character level required is (quality lvl - 4) so for leather gloves it would be (72 - 4) = 68.
Source: The arreat summit http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/ba ... ling.shtml
Eltrius
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Any idea or solution how to fix my D2Stats memory handle problem? literally set compatibility in all, exceptions in avast and Windows Defender (The website, the main game folder and D2 Stats folder), reinstalled the mod, the game folder is from blizzard page, and still got the same error, and i was able to use D2 Stats in literally all seasons before, just took a break so i deleted median and d2stats, and now im getting the error
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Eltrius wrote:Any idea or solution how to fix my D2Stats memory handle problem? literally set compatibility in all, exceptions in avast and Windows Defender (The website, the main game folder and D2 Stats folder), reinstalled the mod, the game folder is from blizzard page, and still got the same error, and i was able to use D2 Stats in literally all seasons before, just took a break so i deleted median and d2stats, and now im getting the error

Not sure setting up an exception is enough, in D2Stat troubleshooting section can be found the following: "The Avast "file agent" can sometime play a role in this, try disabling it".
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
aguni
Rust Claw
80 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Does Bear Companion use Summoned Minion AR or the Druid's AR? Unclear on what all counts as a "minion damage stat"
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Newbie question here: what does 'lockdown' refer to in dungeons?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
patrick_pkl wrote:Newbie question here: what does 'lockdown' refer to in dungeons?

You can't enter after the lockdown happens, so dont die.
N33tie
Skeleton
2 | 0
What is a "spell"?
I'm playing the new bow druid and Im unsure what stats scale my damage. Cascade is a "spell" but Heartseeker is a "Projectile". Mark of the Wild gives "Elemental Spell Damage" bonus. So does this boost Cascades damage, but not Heartseeker? Similar with Steady Strike.
I'm currently using the Survival Instinct ultimate skill. This gives Spell Focus per level. Is there any idea investing points into this skill? I tried investing into it and it only gave my skill 1 damage on my char sheet (2421 to 2422).
In that vein, I'm unsure if using a Fascinating shrine (which gives % fire spell damage) is good or worthless. Can anyone clarify this situation for me? Is there some way I can find the answer myself so I wont have to ask another time? Thank you in advance :)