SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Deckard_Lame wrote:Referring to my last post:

I just re-read and saw that you recommend abjurer as your end game merc, but not to bother until then. I am willing to go a little slower to die less often than I do right now, does that merc have the CC needed to help me out with that? The shapeshifter makes things much easier when he stays alive, but it doesn't seem like that's possible because all of the explosions they have in duncraig, which is where I have been farming at.

A merc will not rly help you die less in dunc. as you said, he will die as easily as you.

once you get enough dmg (200ed-300max craft), id say its just a matter of: 1) not teleporting into packs, 2) to not walk where the barrels are, 3) and to constantly move and stack a bit of fire resist against assur (ammy/rings/quiver MO's).
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
Selling my spare 300 max crafted bow if you need one
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Cah23 wrote:Selling my spare 300 max crafted bow if you need one

Do it in the trade section, please.
Tesseract
Invader
9 | 0
Deckard_Lame wrote:I’m currently sitting at lvl 121 with a beautifully crafted reflex bow and honorifics or good SU’s or SSU’s for every single piece. I can farm duncraig for xp, but I die frequently there and can’t kill the last boss yet.

My question is regarding my merc and what the best one to use for survivability is. Its painfully obvious to me that he cant tank explosions no matter what gear I equip him with, so what should I use for a new sidekick?

Also, thanks for the guide, i started playing this game less than 2 weeks ago, and this character has been my most successful yet!

Tantrum quiver solved this problem for me, it's real melee proof. I've got rare but I think even magical you can make from Larzuk will do. Duncraig deathless runs have never been easier. Stacking ll% also helps.
Based
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Question about crafting a bow in 1.7, did they lower the physical damage rolls you can get? I did a few shrines worth of crafts and i wasen't getting anything anywhere near the example of excellent rolls in the picture you put. I'm still not really sure what i'm looking for.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Based wrote:Question about crafting a bow in 1.7, did they lower the physical damage rolls you can get? I did a few shrines worth of crafts and i wasen't getting anything anywhere near the example of excellent rolls in the picture you put. I'm still not really sure what i'm looking for.

nope. can still get 300max on bows. its just a rare-ish affix that shows up once every 20-30 shrines on average.

only ewd, flat ele dmg, weap attribute scalings and mana got reduced in 1.7.
Based
Acid Prince
48 | 1
I see. So i should still use all of my shrines except for ornate/aband to craft?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
yup
Tesseract
Invader
9 | 0
How long dies it take to bring down Uldy? I see it's not exactly 10 minutes, but in the video his hps go down really cool. In my game he takes near to no damage and almost doesn't wander aimlessly, always attacking and spamming edyrems every two seconds. Phalanx shows up to 13k dmg, more with tantrum buff. Do I miss something or is it just so long?
Norrec787
Skeleton
3 | 0
I'm thinking maybe I missed something.. I just started this today, and I just tried to make my 'tal' reflex bow but that is only for regular weapons and reflex is an amazon only. Did I do something wrong?