Median XL Offline Tools v0.6.4

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Squiggoth
Vampiress
39 | 0
Hello,

First, thanks a lot for this tool.
It makes item management much easier.

I wanted to point out what I believe is a bug : sometimes, when I move my stash to the shared stash and I use the sort function, I notice that some of my primal runes and essence disappear.

I checked before sorting, and I can see the new essences on last page, and the old on 1st/2nd page.
But after sorting, some of them disappear.

I removed some stuff from the first page and was finally able to keep them after the sort, but I think there is a small bug here.

Thanks again for this awesome tool :)
artze
Imp
5 | 0
kambala wrote:
artze wrote:Sorry if I misunderstood your FAQ, but I thought I did as suggested in deleting the .bak files.

edit; I still have the deleted .bak files on hand.

could you tell me if this is worded badly indeed? I'll try to rephrase for better understanding.
A: Go to the save folder and look for file(s) called <chararcter>.<d2s or d2x>_<date>.bak and delete everything on the right up to d2s or d2x

I'm a native English speaker and my first impression from reading your FAQ was that there was some words that got lost in translation, since I had also read at the same time you were RU. "delete everything on the right up to d2s or d2x" sounded to me like you were trying to say "delete everything, right up to the d2s or d2x files." You probably don't get many complaints about it so it must have been a me problem. It probably wouldn't hurt to add a screenshot example though, for dummies like me.

If you don't want to add a screenshot example, maybe rewording it to say "rename" instead of delete.
Squiggoth
Vampiress
39 | 0
Squiggoth wrote:Hello,

I wanted to point out what I believe is a bug : sometimes, when I move my stash to the shared stash and I use the sort function, I notice that some of my primal runes and essence disappear.

I checked before sorting, and I can see the new essences on last page, and the old on 1st/2nd page.

I removed some stuff from the first page and was finally able to keep them after the sort, but I think there is a small bug here.

Update : After quite a lot a transfers and item use today (mainly shrines and gems), and another sort, some of my previously disappeared primal runes and essences appeared again. Not all of them though, I can still make them disappear if I add more items in my first page (gems, runes, shrines, etc)

Seems like there is display problem linked to this bug.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
artze wrote:
kambala wrote:
artze wrote:Sorry if I misunderstood your FAQ, but I thought I did as suggested in deleting the .bak files.

edit; I still have the deleted .bak files on hand.

could you tell me if this is worded badly indeed? I'll try to rephrase for better understanding.
A: Go to the save folder and look for file(s) called <chararcter>.<d2s or d2x>_<date>.bak and delete everything on the right up to d2s or d2x

I'm a native English speaker and my first impression from reading your FAQ was that there was some words that got lost in translation, since I had also read at the same time you were RU. "delete everything on the right up to d2s or d2x" sounded to me like you were trying to say "delete everything, right up to the d2s or d2x files." You probably don't get many complaints about it so it must have been a me problem. It probably wouldn't hurt to add a screenshot example though, for dummies like me.

If you don't want to add a screenshot example, maybe rewording it to say "rename" instead of delete.

yes, I'm RU. Would it be better like this?

Go to the save folder, look for file(s) called <chararcter>.<d2s or d2x>_<date>.bak and rename them removing the _<date>.bak part.
Squiggoth wrote:
Squiggoth wrote:Hello,

Update : After quite a lot a transfers and item use today (mainly shrines and gems), and another sort, some of my previously disappeared primal runes and essences appeared again. Not all of them though, I can still make them disappear if I add more items in my first page (gems, runes, shrines, etc)

Seems like there is display problem linked to this bug.

Thanks for thorough testing! I'll try to fix the bug.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Hello kambala.

I cannot open some of my character's item tab. When I do, the program crashes with no error message. IViewing character still works, it's just when you press the items button that it closes. I was told it might be one of the new items (like
Zephyr
Zephyr
Maple Bow (Sacred)

(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 600
Item Level: 105
Innate Fire Damage: (62.0% of Dexterity)
+1% Attack Speed per 25 Dexterity
Adds 450-650 Fire Damage
-(15 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+9 to Heartseeker (Druid Only)
+9 to Cascade (Druid Only)
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+25% to Summoned Minion Resistances
25% Magic Find
Socketed (6)
for instance), but when I tried opening a mule character with a bunch of old items (all gathered in 1.7), it still crashed.

Seems like a bunch of items are corrupted and can't get opened. I'd check them all one-by-one to give you more info, but that would be very time intensive.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Wulf wrote:Hello kambala.

I cannot open some of my character's item tab. When I do, the program crashes with no error message. IViewing character still works, it's just when you press the items button that it closes. I was told it might be one of the new items (like
Zephyr
Zephyr
Maple Bow (Sacred)

(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 600
Item Level: 105
Innate Fire Damage: (62.0% of Dexterity)
+1% Attack Speed per 25 Dexterity
Adds 450-650 Fire Damage
-(15 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+9 to Heartseeker (Druid Only)
+9 to Cascade (Druid Only)
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+25% to Summoned Minion Resistances
25% Magic Find
Socketed (6)
for instance), but when I tried opening a mule character with a bunch of old items (all gathered in 1.7), it still crashed.

Seems like a bunch of items are corrupted and can't get opened. I'd check them all one-by-one to give you more info, but that would be very time intensive.

thanks for the report! Much faster for you would be to send me your character :)
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
kambala wrote:thanks for the report! Much faster for you would be to send me your character :)

zippyshare link here
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Wulf wrote:
kambala wrote:thanks for the report! Much faster for you would be to send me your character :)

zippyshare link here

not crashing for me with the latest (1.7) mod data :think: Do you have it installed?
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
you also need latest MXLOT (v0.5.6) - if you have older version, it could crash even with latest mod data
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
kambala wrote:
Wulf wrote:

zippyshare link here

not crashing for me with the latest (1.7) mod data :think: Do you have it installed?

I downloaded your 1.7 resources folder and replaced the old 1.6 one. offline tools says 1.7 on the top.

aahz wrote:you also need latest MXLOT (v0.5.6) - if you have older version, it could crash even with latest mod data

I'll completely reinstall offline tools. will report back.

edit: okay it worked. just word of advice, the main download page in the tools section still has the old version:

thx for the help guys ♥