Σ 1.7 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
Solfege wrote:OT from the current convo, but it seems like Sorc getting hit by elemental spells while Mana Shield is active drops her mana pool a lot more than I remember. Maybe it's the same as before, but I just don't remember losing all my mana within seconds of crossing the first arch into K3KBA. Getting hit by phys damage seems normal tho.

^ reposting. tried a tier 1 lab on poison sorc and harpies offscreen hit me 2-3 times and full mana orb is empty, can't get close enough to even hit with carpet of spiders because of mana cost and seemingly high mana shield drain

Couldn't this be because Mana costs and Mana pools have been halved in the new patch, but damage received by players stayed the same?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Diaco wrote:
Crash wrote:
Solfege wrote:OT from the current convo, but it seems like Sorc getting hit by elemental spells while Mana Shield is active drops her mana pool a lot more than I remember. Maybe it's the same as before, but I just don't remember losing all my mana within seconds of crossing the first arch into K3KBA. Getting hit by phys damage seems normal tho.

^ reposting. tried a tier 1 lab on poison sorc and harpies offscreen hit me 2-3 times and full mana orb is empty, can't get close enough to even hit with carpet of spiders because of mana cost and seemingly high mana shield drain

Couldn't this be because Mana costs and Mana pools have been halved in the new patch, but damage received by players stayed the same?

Possibly, but the broader point is that it kinda defeats the purpose of Mana Shield if it's impractical (sometimes even harmful) against enemy casters. And not just casters in Dungeons/Rifts/Labs. Some mobs in regular areas can deal a ton of Elemental damage, even with high res (Thunderbolts, Broken Souls, etc.). It also doesn't explain why Phys damage doesn't seem to hurt the shield as much as spells. But that might be a Phys Res thing. Idk where Mana Shield is in the damage reduction calculation.

That said, it's not a game-breaker, but it does make things unnecessarily tougher--kinda like being stuck using only Moonstrike to kill Astrogha. *cough*

Edit:
Seriously? Jeezus you ppl have gotten sensitive.
Edited by Solfege 3 years.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Solfege wrote:
Diaco wrote:
Crash wrote:

Possibly, but the broader point is that it kinda defeats the purpose of Mana Shield if it's impractical (sometimes even harmful) against enemy casters. And not just casters in Dungeons/Rifts/Labs. Some mobs in regular areas can deal a ton of Elemental damage, even with high res (Thunderbolts, Broken Souls, etc.). It also doesn't explain why Phys damage doesn't seem to hurt the shield as much as spells. But that might be a Phys Res thing. Idk where Mana Shield is in the damage reduction calculation.

That said, it's not a game-breaker, but it does make things unnecessarily tougher--kinda like being stuck using only Moonstrike to kill Astrogha. *cough*

Mana shield mechanics are wierd. All dmg taken by shield counts as if u have 0 resist and u take full dmg. Elemental dmg is much higher that phy/magic cuz it gets reduced by like 80-90% of ur max resist. Eryins do like 1k after reduction which means that they do like 10k base dmg. That is like 2.5k mana lost per hit.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Laughing Ghost is either bugged or the tooltip is incorrect.

The tooltip says it grants Steady Aim but it's not working.

► Show Spoiler

Also when you have the Steady Aim buff from Steady Shot, it disables Laughing Ghost.

► Show Spoiler
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
While I love Act1 mers new Barrage, I feel Priestesses and Rangers are pretty much the same now.
I would prefer to keep one (close + mid range like right now) and change the other to cover far areas (they both currently can not hit some monsters with Barrage within their attack range). Maybe give Cascade and Split Arrow back?
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
What do you mean I can't use Bear Companion with Werebeast Form. My dreams of having Bear Trio has been completedly shattered.
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Include Diablo 1, have multiple paths, so when you play, you not sure what act you'll land in. Use the Diablo books to add new lore, voice acted by a human or machine:

https://text-to-speech-demo.ng.bluemix. ... 7973297117
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Deimoss’s lightning councillor deals too much supernova damage , supernova got Buffed by 200% so i guess counciloor’s nova got buffed aswell.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
TTraw wrote:What do you mean I can't use Bear Companion with Werebeast Form. My dreams of having Bear Trio has been completedly shattered.

Go Werebear path and farm relic with Summon Bear, but the bear is much more squishy if you don't go Hunter path.
Or go Hunter path and farm for a Werebear relic, but you will be weak instead since you can't shoot arrow while in Bearform :).
But if trio bears is important enough for you...
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times

The tooltip of this ability is a bit weird. Usually the ability type is not included in the general text but for some reason the description reads like really broken English, even if "Summon" is including while reading.
It's either read as:
"Summon defenseless victims and tries to kill them to get corpses"

or
"Defenseless victims and tries to kill them to get corpses"

Either way, broken English is broken and breaks with the convention of [ability type] - [ability description].

Edit: I don't mind making a complete evaluation of all skill descriptions if it's something you would want me to do.
Edited by Cheno 3 years.