play something else

j3r3my
Prowler
16 | 0
Just asking newbie here.pax mystica is applicable to short staff? and epicenter is applicable to boots with 2 socketed?, by the way is there a boots with 3 slots?
j3r3my
Prowler
16 | 0
Cheno wrote:
Deckard_Lame wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:SSF is very noob friendly except on one aspect; It is a zero defense character. Sooner or later you will learn which mobs deal ranged attacks with defense check.

Manglers are a good example

I'm dying occasionally now, but I have not hit that wall yet. This is the only the 3rd character I've leveled with in this game, but I find the Warlock Paladin to be far more fun and stronger in general than a Bowazon or fire/cold sorc. I understand the game gets much tougher past level 120, but I play aggressive and have only died 16 times at lvl 110. Thanks for putting in so much work on this build, I really appreciate it!

It's not that UHC is weak but Mind Flay is outperformed in the lategame by several oskills, so many people treat UHC as a good way to build oskill builds rather than to play Mind Flay. Mind Flay got a small damage buff but it still feels weak compared to oskills and maybe some of the stronger caster builds of other classes. That said, you can still do all of the ordinary content (lvl 130 content and below) with Mind Flay and small to medium gear investments.

Guys what is UHC and os? newbie here just learning, your reply is much appreciated, thank you.
Galneryus
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
UHC is unholy caster. os is oskill which is skills found on gear
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
j3r3my wrote:Just asking newbie here.pax mystica is applicable to short staff? and epicenter is applicable to boots with 2 socketed?, by the way is there a boots with 3 slots?

You can make Pax Mystica in all staves. If you look at bases, everything under staves works for the runeword.
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems#idx15

You can make most runewords with just 1 socket, the rest of the sockets are filled with jewels, so ultimately Epicenter can be made in all boots with 1-4 sockets. 4 sockets is the max that boost can roll.
j3r3my
Prowler
16 | 0
Galneryus wrote:UHC is unholy caster. os is oskill which is skills found on gear

thank you
j3r3my
Prowler
16 | 0
Cheno wrote:
j3r3my wrote:Just asking newbie here.pax mystica is applicable to short staff? and epicenter is applicable to boots with 2 socketed?, by the way is there a boots with 3 slots?

You can make Pax Mystica in all staves. If you look at bases, everything under staves works for the runeword.
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems#idx15

You can make most runewords with just 1 socket, the rest of the sockets are filled with jewels, so ultimately Epicenter can be made in all boots with 1-4 sockets. 4 sockets is the max that boost can roll.

thank you
Natasha_94
Imp
5 | 0
I did Atanna Khan and Valthek with this build yesterday, the labyrinth was so long took me hours to finish, next season if the developers don't ruin my favorite build i will try it on hardcore, Inarius and Lilith up next!. This is my second character and the guide and build has carried me most of the way, i wouldn't have been able to do ubers without it.

Most guides on the forum just show the skills and tell you what items to use, but that's hardly worth calling a guide, this one is great.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
My favourite guide so far. Been having real bad luck with the drops so far, but almost lvl 120 now and it's fun to play. Just the farming side is a bit tedious. I have a few set items but the Uniques are not dropping. Running a lot of cows/toraja and K3K.

Update:
Almost 125 now, did everything except Quov Tsin, somehow he doesn't want to die, even with max 80 res and 135 Phys DR..
Managed to get gear -ele res to above 100. But still having a hard time with Quov and Teganze. Everything else is pretty much a walk in the park.
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
I'm trying to build catadin cuz mindflayer gets me bored. I have Veil of Tainted Sun and pal oskill set already. I wanted to see how it works with some random fire gears and... Mana consumption is just horrible after it has redesigned. I can't even imagine what would it be with shaad rw. I got almost all charms, only dont have deimoss, Samael and laz, i put almost all points into Energy (only 100 in vitality), 25% mana regen on both rings and amu and still have trouble with mana while keep spamming cataclysm. Do I really need the moon crystals for comfy farming?
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:Almost 125 now, did everything except Quov Tsin, somehow he doesn't want to die, even with max 80 res and 135 Phys DR..
Managed to get gear -ele res to above 100. But still having a hard time with Quov and Teganze. Everything else is pretty much a walk in the park.

QT dies quite fast so I assume your issue is with staying alive rather than killing him? With those resists you can run across the beam and live with Vindicate + Tainted Blood + drinking a potion. Other than that its just a matter of dodging a little. Or you can put Slayers near him and walk around. This method is slower but safer.
For teganze, just keep 10+ Scourge up at all times and teleport around with them rather than walking on your own. Should have enough dmg to clear packs with either MF or Slayer if you had no trouble with anything else.

Myxir wrote:I'm trying to build catadin cuz mindflayer gets me bored. I have Veil of Tainted Sun and pal oskill set already. I wanted to see how it works with some random fire gears and... Mana consumption is just horrible after it has redesigned. I can't even imagine what would it be with shaad rw. I got almost all charms, only dont have deimoss, Samael and laz, i put almost all points into Energy (only 100 in vitality), 25% mana regen on both rings and amu and still have trouble with mana while keep spamming cataclysm. Do I really need the moon crystals for comfy farming?

Yea I never liked Apostasy much because of the mana cost (and how useless it is beside the oskill). With other setups, dmg will be lower but more comfortable. This patch changed several things and I've notice some slight mana issues with other skills this time so Cataclysm may be one of them. Haven't played it recently so my best guess would be to get more energy.