Deathlord morph doesn't work

Discuss Median XL!
mentatq
Skeleton
3 | 1
Hello. I started to play new(for me) version of Median XL. Downloaded version 1.7.4 and installed it on Diablo 2 1.14d. Then I leveled up to level 24 using Necromancer and wanted to use Deathlord transformation. But it seems it doesn't work, no matter what I do, char stays in the same form only having some weird cloud above the head ( see attachment below ). Also tried this on 1.13d - but no luck. So,is it supposed to be like that now or I'm doing something wrong?
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
yes it's supposed to be like that. the defiler (SSU hexblade) now gives deathlord morph
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The morph is on
The Defiler
The Defiler
Spirit Edge (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (170 - 211) to (362 - 441)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 537
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
Parasite: +6 Targets
Deathlord Morph
+(1 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
Adds (90 to 115)-(220 to 270) Damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(10 to 15)% Deadly Strike
Socketed (3)
-only which I completely disagree with because 1) the morph mechanically provides 1 extra FHR frame and maximum cast frames making a world of difference in scenarios where you need those high frames (labyrinth is the easiest example) and 2) it trivializes weapon possibilities forcing you to play without the superior frames mentioned above narrowing down weapon choice to one weapon that has Deathlord morph on it.

In my last showcase topic for Melee Necro under "Weapons", I compared two weapons and mentioned that they have similar dps after doing simple calculations. Although I didn't mention the numbers in that thread, I will here.

Weapon 1: Eth Runeword

Weapon 2: Eth
The Defiler
The Defiler
Spirit Edge (Sacred)

(Necromancer Only)
Area Effect Attack
Deathlord Morph
Socketed (3)

Note: I used The Armory for values instead of the screenshot because when I did these calculations I did not purchase this item from the original owner of the Defiler yet. I purchased this pricy weapon simply to test whether the Deathlord morph was worth it or not...

One-hand damage: 178 to 597 (Eth Spirit Edge). 178+597=775 / 2 = 387.5 (average)
One-hand damage: 185 to 448 (Eth Defiler). 185+448=633 / 2 = 316.5 (average)

Then just multiply by the amount of Deadly Strike

i have 43% Deadly Strike with Eth Spirit edge. 387.5x1.43 = 554.125 (avg)
i have 72% Deadly Strike with Eth Defiler. 316.5x1.72= 544.38 (avg)

Obviously, this does not include EWD because that modifier is different for everyone based on their equipment/dexterity values.
Calcs have been verified by some members of this community but those were in private dms, feel free to point out if math is wrong but it's as basic as it gets.

The conclusion to these numbers are that the Eth Spirit Edge is actually higher dps than the Eth
The Defiler
The Defiler
Spirit Edge (Sacred)

(Necromancer Only)
Area Effect Attack
Deathlord Morph
Socketed (3)
(at the time). I was level 141 when I did these calcs but I ended at 144 so I could change the calc from 597 to 603 but either way the Eth Spirit Edge would still have higher dps (unless EWD is calculated meaning Defiler might be slightly better/slightly worse).

TLDR:
The point I was trying to make at the beginning of the topic was that not having access to the Deathlord morph frames made content way harder than it should've been. In other words I had to scrap a better weapon for a weapon that had Deathlord morph simply because the 1 extra fhr and max cast frames made such a world of difference. The Deathlord morph should not be limited exclusively to one weapon especially considering 2H Necro is a very good alternative playstyle so please do us a favor by not limiting Deathlord to one weapon // don't remove Deathlord outright instead give both builds the ability for Deathlord to be used on any 1H or 2H Necro weapon.

Thank you.

edit: I forgot why Deathlord morph was removed so feel free to refresh my memory on that but with the removal of the Deathlord COTW a few seasons ago other than gameplay, I'm not really sure why it can't be added back (if there's a reason).
Edited by Elendilli 3 years.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
King's Blood Xis in Eth Spirit Edge is better than shark or eth Defiler. Point about Deathlord frames with Defiler still makes any other wep worse.
ixvid_
Cog
230 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
For me this change is a serious setback ... I was a big fan of all "morphs" that was used to be valid in previous median. I mean that was the reason any game "mod" ever is created, to change the mechanics and visuals of basic game. I miss Treewarden morph (bear is just like in classic D2 so ... meh), Dragon boob lady for holy pally, I like it. And ofc the one and only Deathlord morph. Playing melle necro with his "human" form doesnt feel as fun and good as it used to be, not to mentioning everything what @Elendilli already wrote. MAKE DEATHLORD MOPRH BASE SKILL AGAIN!
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smartasss wrote:King's Blood Xis in Eth Spirit Edge is better than shark or eth Defiler. Point about Deathlord frames with Defiler still makes any other wep worse.

Pretty sure Xis King's Blood being better than both is an incorrect statement in terms of its practicality. One of the few situation where it can possibly be better than either of the two is when you have an enormous amount of +Dexterity and %Dexterity to scale EWD and even then the amount of Dex you would need would be ridiculous meaning all your sockets and orbs and even gear choices are dedicated to dex which in a practical sense is only viable for farming few endgame bosses like Uldyssian and lower. Another situation I do agree it can be useful for is that Xis King's Blood is a good utility weapon (Lifesteal / Attributes) and it's by no means bad but you'll notice the decreased damage output in Labyrinth where +%dex your sockets need to be sacrificed for %Physical Resist (you can't even hit 60% Phys let alone 50% with optimal gear), +Life, Elemental resists and Max resists.

It's also worth noting that every form of 1H Necro is practically useless (cost and dex-based gear availability on the rare/expensive side is a thing btw) in this game for completing content (not including hardcore) because 2H Necro can clear 90% of the game content except Uldyssian. I can only see 1H Necro useful for farming Uldyssian and Dimensional Labyrinth. Anything below these two can be done by 2H Scythe which is cheap and efficient. So yeah King's Blood is good if you plan to stop content at Uldyssian or Tier 11/12 Labyrinth at most (reliably anyway).
mentatq
Skeleton
3 | 1
ixvid_ wrote:For me this change is a serious setback ... I was a big fan of all "morphs" that was used to be valid in previous median. I mean that was the reason any game "mod" ever is created, to change the mechanics and visuals of basic game. I miss Treewarden morph (bear is just like in classic D2 so ... meh), Dragon boob lady for holy pally, I like it. And ofc the one and only Deathlord morph. Playing melle necro with his "human" form doesnt feel as fun and good as it used to be, not to mentioning everything what @Elendilli already wrote. MAKE DEATHLORD MOPRH BASE SKILL AGAIN!

Yeah, I totally agree. I finished like 95% of the game using Deathlord in previous Median XL and it was a fun expirience overall. Now it's just ordinary necro from D2 with some stupid cloud above the head. I'll probably pass this version until devs may decide to bring morph back.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mentatq wrote: I'll probably pass this version until devs may decide to bring morph back.

its not coming back besides the dagger morph
mentatq
Skeleton
3 | 1
Crash wrote:
mentatq wrote: I'll probably pass this version until devs may decide to bring morph back.

its not coming back besides the dagger morph

Ok. Then what's the last version of mod that supports Deathlord?
Kukoshu
Imp
5 | 0
IMO they should return deathlord morph to the skill itself, it was so much better...
Being stuck with this dagger, unable to use runewords or other weapons and being scythe str necro and unable to morph feel less fun and has less flavor.