Psionic Storm Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This build works really well. Killed Baal as fresh 120 with only 1 death - even that was only because it was so long since I fought Baal I forgot how fast-hitting those little dinosaurs are that he spawns. That was in mostly leather honorific gear as well, so not bad at all.

I stopped trying to hide behind a merc - if I take one now it would be A1 zon. Relying on the sin's speed and 3s Blink makes it easier and more fun.

At 121 I'm using more regen gear like akbugger described, when I get a lot more damage I'll try the other way, but for now being able to spam PS and heal in a fight seems... kinda important.

EDIT: Getting the hit recovery breakpoint bapja highlighted is important - it makes a big difference that you can actually do something when they get in your face.
Memory
Prowler
15 | 0
how much does it cost to invest skill points in Pinnacle?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Memory wrote:how much does it cost to invest skill points in Pinnacle?

Not sure I understand the question, but if it helps, you need to be level 30 to allocate points in Pinnacle.

It only gets +1 skills every 6 levels. The only other benefit is +5 stamina per level, which is ok for a while, but at higher levels it may only be worth putting points into it when you can put 6 (enough for an extra +1 skills)...

Mine is level 24, which gets +4 skills atm and 190 stamina (most builds only get 50), but after that I don't even know if I'll ever get it up to level 30 so there's no point in putting any more in it for now, just to get more stamina that I don't really need.
creamypopcorn
Imp
5 | 0
i dunno i use universal law and its great when others are dying with amaz i tank baal at fresh 120 its pretty easy and i got outlaw so now i have 15 k dmg im 127 lvl and every uber melts i use:
-Universal law full set
-hat-topspin
rings-rare and elemental band amu vizjerei s necklace
-belt snake s battle chant (gathering of the tribes set) it gives energy
- offhand i dont use
-boots outlaw (dolxis)
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
creamypopcorn wrote:i dunno i use universal law and its great when others are dying with amaz i tank baal at fresh 120 its pretty easy and i got outlaw so now i have 15 k dmg im 127 lvl and every uber melts i use:
-Universal law full set
-hat-topspin
rings-rare and elemental band amu vizjerei s necklace
-belt snake s battle chant (gathering of the tribes set) it gives energy
- offhand i dont use
-boots outlaw (dolxis)

good job. happy it worked out for you
Alone1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
Don't know if this question was answered, but which merc would you suggest?
I'm trying your build in Single Player now which I started yesterday (just finished 105 charms) and I'm using Shapeshifter Act2 merc.
What do you suggest?
Keep in mind that it's single player so items are much harder to get :D I mean, I'm level 107, Act2 Hell, and I have 2k dmg so a good merc choice is essential :roll:
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
cant go wrong with a5 one. after the revamp i like necrolyte for its debuffs
Alone1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
bapcja wrote:cant go wrong with a5 one. after the revamp i like necrolyte for its debuffs

is that the one you're using on your psionic storm assassin?
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Got a full set and vizijun ammy, thought about giving this build a chance. Just for clarification - psistorm is like um... annhiliation spell - affected only by energy and + skill levels ? There is no need for innate damage, pierce and spell damagae ? For instance - from scroll of kings charm (A2) you want only perfect stat roll, spell dmg is irrelevant ?
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
Ruubel wrote:Got a full set and vizijun ammy, thought about giving this build a chance. Just for clarification - psistorm is like um... annhiliation spell - affected only by energy and + skill levels ? There is no need for innate damage, pierce and spell damagae ? For instance - from scroll of kings charm (A2) you want only perfect stat roll, spell dmg is irrelevant ?

the damage comes from skill levels (more % energy added to damage) and energy itself. this is amplified by doom curse (up to -20% enemy magic res) and thats it