SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Hotler wrote:what can I do to improve my survivability early on? I just ripped around 8 times at Norm Diablo. I basically get 2-shot and have no sustainability besides flasks. Am I missing something?

Thanks and kind regards,
Hotler

Hi :)

Your best friend in the early game are resists and good positioning. Try to always be moving and less things will hit you. As for resists there are some in the suggested items ("eth belt, "el" armor), but you can get extra with gems (bloodstones/amber/onyx/turquoise), rings, amulet and quiver. But ultimately it's all about how well you move.
Ruckus
Fallen
1 | 0
Thanks for the guide... I am struggling in hell, lvl 117. I recently got a new merc the shapeshifter and am working on gearing him. Only have the weapon so far.

Just installed D2stats so that is a plus so far but not familiar with it just yet. Is the filter you posted good for all the game? Should I add or change anything that will help me at lvl 117?
Hotler
Skeleton
3 | 0
Wulf wrote:
Hotler wrote:what can I do to improve my survivability early on? I just ripped around 8 times at Norm Diablo. I basically get 2-shot and have no sustainability besides flasks. Am I missing something?

Thanks and kind regards,
Hotler

Hi :)

Your best friend in the early game are resists and good positioning. Try to always be moving and less things will hit you. As for resists there are some in the suggested items ("eth belt, "el" armor), but you can get extra with gems (bloodstones/amber/onyx/turquoise), rings, amulet and quiver. But ultimately it's all about how well you move.

I worked on my res etc. and am less squishy now. Still, I have no means to get my HP back up other than flasks. What could I do to change that? Currently around lv 70 and now in a2 nightmare with T4 TU Reflex bow and the other tus/rws as per your guide.

Thank you tons
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Ruckus wrote:Thanks for the guide... I am struggling in hell, lvl 117. I recently got a new merc the shapeshifter and am working on gearing him. Only have the weapon so far.

Just installed D2stats so that is a plus so far but not familiar with it just yet. Is the filter you posted good for all the game? Should I add or change anything that will help me at lvl 117?

Hello Ruckus and welcome to median :)
Yes, the d2stats script should last you for the entire game. The onlything you might want to change is to remove some early-game items lines. You can either remove them or have them be ignored by the program by putting a # in front of the line. But you don't have to add anything, everything is there, relics, sacred uniques, fragments.

Hotler wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Hotler wrote:I worked on my res etc. and am less squishy now. Still, I have no means to get my HP back up other than flasks. What could I do to change that? Currently around lv 70 and now in a2 nightmare with T4 TU Reflex bow and the other tus/rws as per your guide.

Thank you tons

Life steal is our only way of sustain besides pots, but that only becomes relevant as you get further in the lategame with more dmg and more leech. For now just use pots, they're super strong, you don't need anything else.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Wulf interessting build, i like the char so far, would give an info to your guide for this:

Bow upgrades:

1) Cube bow with Oil of Luck.
2) Bless with: Abandonned if bow has 200ed, Intimidating if under 200ed.
3) If bow still isn't at 200ed, MO 15ed until 196ed (continue at 195ed, stop at 196ed).
4) MO 12ewd (5x).
5) MO 1ds (5x). Careful, don't MO over your character's level.
6) MO max dmg (rest).
7) Put in 6x Perfect Skulls.

:arrow:

the gems/skulls can be inserted at
position 3) before use magic orbs on it :!:

with this, the lvl req will be not going higher

same with honorifics and runewords
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
lunar.seven wrote:Wulf interessting build, i like the char so far, would give an info to your guide for this:

Bow upgrades:

3) If bow still isn't at 200ed, MO 15ed until 196ed (continue at 195ed, stop at 196ed).
4) MO 12ewd (5x).
6) MO max dmg (rest).

If you do the mo before putting stuff in the sockets and/or making the runeword, you can go over the 200 ed cap. So if mo 5x ed on a weapon, and make a runeword that gives 200 ed you end up with a weapon with 275 ed.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
lunar.seven wrote:Wulf interessting build, i like the char so far, would give an info to your guide for this:

Bow upgrades:

4) MO 12ewd (5x).
6) MO max dmg (rest).

I see what you mean. However there is no need for caution in this guide because Honorifics are lvl 21 and Crafted bow is lvl 86 at least. Perfect gems are level 18 so there's no danger of the lvl ever jumping up (that only happens when what you socket is higher lvl req than the item you put them in).
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Very nice guide. I am running an Unholy Caster Pally and got tired of the playstyle after a week, so now running and leveling a bowzon to have some more variantion. Also, this way I can make use of the found gear the Pally doesn't need.

Already found some SSU bow and will put it on her with fire-based dmg. But before that I have a sacred rare Reflex Bow and some shrines waiting to be used. Lots of fun so far. She's almost lvl 50 now and already in A5. I'm just looking at getting the sunstone soon before I attempt Baal, but I think Baal isn't much of a boss anyway.

I just want to get through this early game stage ASAP because it's getting boring after playing this mod for over a decade. I returned last week after a break of a couple of years and it's nice to see how fresh and new this Sigma mod has become.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
adiabloplayer wrote:

Bow upgrades:

4) MO 12ewd (5x).
6) MO max dmg (rest).

If you do the mo before putting stuff in the sockets and/or making the runeword, you can go over the 200 ed cap. So if mo 5x ed on a weapon, and make a runeword that gives 200 ed you end up with a weapon with 275 ed.

ino that, i always get over 200ed because i never shrinebless a weapon under 170+ed and 220+ max / i crafted 2 reflexbows with 270 max 200 ed and 50 ias and another with 200 ed and 300 max :mrgreen:

yes for runewords you should add the ed% before but carefull when using higher runes with crafted jewels
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Found this sweet
Askarbydd
Askarbydd
Reflex Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (230 - 311) to (330 - 455)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
50% Attack Speed
Adds (70 to 110)-(150 to 230) Damage
15% Life stolen per Hit
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(1 to 10) to Rapid Wyrmshot
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
Requirements +50%
Socketed (6)
bow! Right now it's better than the best crafted bow I made. Any ideas for upgrades on it? What to MO it with?