Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
nemmate wrote:Very nice changes, I played light/poison spec some patches ago, I really liked it. Btw, since they changed the mercs skills, I love to pick (especially when I play with a melee) an act3 merc. With a light/poison spec what do you think ? Which is better ? If I take a necrolyte, he will make the same debuff, which I can (miasma / force blast). I thought that I will choose the bloodmage for firedance buff and for the gift or inner fire. Another option, even if it's a melee merc the act2 exemplar with colosseum. But I think a ranged/caster merc could be better with a melee sorceress. Thank you for advance !

Between Necrolyte and Bloodmage? I would probably choose Bloodmage.
You already have Miasma and Force Blast, so you'd be better off with a merc that can heal you and boost your damage.

APAKane wrote:
Cah23 wrote:I see you removed Elemental setup completely. Do you no longer think its viable?

I've been running that build this season because I found more elemental equipment than phys and it's pretty viable.
The life leech is a lot worse though, since only phys damage leeches.
Moreover, the equipment for the physical build is just generally a bit more powerful than the elemental stuff, I think (I am way too lazy to math it all out).

Pretty much this.

Elemental setup is still 100% viable. But since all your buffs focus on boosting Phys damage, Phys is a lot easier to build for, especially for new players. And after the pushback I got when I changed the build to Poison/Fire in 1.0, I'm trying to keep things simple.
Ska11er
Fallen
1 | 0
Maybe i do something wrong, but i can't kill Baal in NM, cause have no damage, have no defense. in 104clvl I have 700 dmg Bladestorm, 88k def, cap res, 14% block chance, 21 phys reduction. Is my stats bad or very bad, please tell me.))
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ska11er wrote:Maybe i do something wrong, but i can't kill Baal in NM, cause have no damage, have no defense. in 104clvl I have 700 dmg Bladestorm, 88k def, cap res, 14% block chance, 21 phys reduction. Is my stats bad or very bad, please tell me.))

How did you put your skill points?
APAKane
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
FYI the
Giant's Knuckle
Giant's Knuckle
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
5% Deadly Strike
+25 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 5%
link under End Game gear is broken
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
so im currently 120 as posion sorc and want to switch to meele .. i would go with full melee set and sacred honorofic gloves and boots and rw belt (dunno maybe first time i spend my found auhe) ... my question (i got all 115 charms atm) .. what spec would u recommend? ice/fire? light/poison? any other recommendations ?? i ask because i play hc and dont wanna die directly ;)

pS: and what to socket, ias in weapon for reaching BP's or Jah runes for dmg?
What should be the max res to go for to be safe and how to get it ? ;)

ty
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
pfl0nk wrote:so im currently 120 as posion sorc and want to switch to meele .. i would go with full melee set and sacred honorofic gloves and boots and rw belt (dunno maybe first time i spend my found auhe) ... my question (i got all 115 charms atm) .. what spec would u recommend? ice/fire? light/poison? any other recommendations ?? i ask because i play hc and dont wanna die directly ;)

pS: and what to socket, ias in weapon for reaching BP's or Jah runes for dmg?
What should be the max res to go for to be safe and how to get it ? ;)

ty

Hy. It's not my guide, but I play melee sorc with lightning /poison spec. Very safety build and fun to play. I am currently at lvl115, ssf. I use a Bloodmage merc. I found two set items, but most of my stuffs are tiered uniques and honorific. I need to farm kurast3000 for better items.
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ty for reply ;) any other recommendations about spec and socketing ?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Poison is really only good if you can't get enough phys res from gear. If you've already hit that cap (or close), then you'd probably be better suited with cold or lightning for the extra Avoid/Defense or Life/Defense.
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ty, whats the cap for phys res ?
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
50%