Beautiful Stage and Colors

Discuss Median XL!
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I wish there was a whole act that looked as nice that screenshot, what do you guys think?

ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I think it would look better if the picture wasn't stretched.
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
As mentioned above, it’s best not to stretch the picture
The color of this snowy field is very good, it feels very dark and exciting, which makes people fall into
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
For sure, if it wasn't stretched, but it is very dark and exciting.
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
One man already trying do it but i even dont know is this possible in Diablo 2. For sure some contrast shadow map can bring things alive. Just some shader plugin adds overall contrast and not really good result. Manna/Hp bar must be de-saturated to match overall view point.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Many beautiful things, especially when talking about visuals, maintain their appeal only when present in moderation. Furthermore the context is to be taken into consideration: Nihlathak's temple is a secluded mountain location well encompassed in that type of cold tints and a few warm lights to underline the contrast. If the whole of ActV was like that it would badly clash with the chaotic context of Baal's siege and would aslo take a toll on the players' sight.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
Reversed HP/manna bar can become helpful. I mean bar not only become de-saturated but when character lost 60% life there instead of grey font must be some bright green line, and when life below 20% some bright red line. Good for blood fury also good when player doing some hard uber- no need focusing on hp bar, good for adding new skills similar to blood fury.
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I didn't mean replace Act V, I meant make an Act VI where the stages look like that (would be great in red as well). To only use it in this one place in the game is like the start of the forest in the Diablo III expansion, the beautiful forest is only used for a few minutes before reaching the town. It's a complete waste. :(