Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Got home from work ready to play and none of my characters can play (non-ladder). The loader went through the installation part very quickly but every time I try to make or join a game I'm getting this

Any ideas?

-edit

I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and it's working now.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Jampula wrote:Btw is there even a tiniest change to get the feature to move realm-chars to SP again? I just want a little memento and it's not big deal as in 2.0 they can't be used anyway. Or if it's technically difficult then I understand, otherwise with a little TG-fee you could get some more donations, possibly new TSW-players too.

Wait, SP chars cant be played anymore once we hit ver 2.0?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
patrick_pkl wrote:
Jampula wrote:Btw is there even a tiniest change to get the feature to move realm-chars to SP again? I just want a little memento and it's not big deal as in 2.0 they can't be used anyway. Or if it's technically difficult then I understand, otherwise with a little TG-fee you could get some more donations, possibly new TSW-players too.

All existing SP characters will be incompatible with the new patch 2.0

That means if you play SP, you need to start completely from scratch.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
patrick_pkl wrote:

That is right, they won't be compatible anymore.

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?p=469860#p469860

Though you could always keep game folder with old version and play it.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Talic wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:

And what about offline single player? For 2.0 all the things will change? Chars, items, skills? I always played only offline. It will work 2.0 offline too?
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
ParticuLarry wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:

All existing SP characters will be incompatible with the new patch 2.0

That means if you play SP, you need to start completely from scratch.

Oh wow. It feels like all the hours farming and building up my multiple sp chars are kinda pointless now lol. I've collected like a ton of SU/SSUs, RWs and sets, and made about 20 level 120-130+ chars to try. :cry: ouch

This refers to offline single player, yes? (I thought there wasn't a distinction, but asking only because the previous reply stated that)

When is 2.0 coming? Thinking it makes more sense to stop playing temporarily till 2.0 is out. Are there going to be significant revamps? If not I might perhaps at least continue trying out new classes first and focus less on farming SSUs.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Talic wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:

Just tagging my reply above! What do u mean by keeping game folder with old version? Like keeping two seperate patches of the game? MXL 1.9 and MXL 2.0 in two different folders?
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Marco wrote:but what's the point of a loot patch in SP when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?

Could you elaborate on this Marco? (Referring to the 2.0 incompatibility, not the 1.8 goblins realm-only thing). I think a fair bit of players here play offline.

I didn't realize the distinction between SP and multiplayer when I first started, I thought multiplayer namely was for trading.

Is this with the goal of encouraging ppl to play online? Because it sounds like online non-ladder isn't affected. So it's more than just a technical incompatibility?

It would be helpful if this info is pinned somewhere so people know! So new incoming players are aware or existing players are aware, and we can already make a switch to playing online beginning this season.
Edited by patrick_pkl 3 years.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
patrick_pkl wrote:Oh wow. It feels like all the hours farming and building up my multiple sp chars are kinda pointless now lol. I've collected like a ton of SU/SSUs, RWs and sets, and made about 20 level 120-130+ chars to try. :cry: ouch

This refers to offline single player, yes? (I thought there wasn't a distinction, but asking only because the previous reply stated that)

When is 2.0 coming? Thinking it makes more sense to stop playing temporarily till 2.0 is out. Are there going to be significant revamps? If not I might perhaps at least continue trying out new classes first and focus less on farming SSUs.

The exact date hasn't been announced yet. They only mentioned that it'll happen sometime in the first half of the year 2021. A couple of pages ago in this thread Marco said something along the lines of "Patch 1.8 is a farming season. As such it can be extended if necessary." So the next patch could take anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Or even longer.

The patch 2.0 will most likely include some major revamps, which causes all old characters to not be compatible anymore. It doesn't matter whether it's single player or online ladder characters. You simply won't be able to play with them anymore. Unless you stay in version 1.7 or 1.8 and don't upgrade anymore. What exactly will change - nobody knows, aside from the team working on it. But it has to be something major, else the characters would still be compatible. Marco also mentioned that they had 3 ideas for new rifts or dungeons. So we might as well see 1 or 2 new areas in 2.0

I could also imagine anything from item reworks to skill tree reworks, up to an extension of the 6th act (Caldeum). But these are only my thoughts, so don't pay them too much attention :D