Barbarian Builds

Discuss Median XL!
Drofnasb
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I have been reading through the Character Guides section and have noticed Barbarian isn't very represented. Is there something about barbarian that inhibits it's ability to do content like other classes? Does anyone know of any well rounded barbarian builds that cant do most or all content?
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Drofnasb wrote:I have been reading through the Character Guides section and have noticed Barbarian isn't very represented. Is there something about barbarian that inhibits it's ability to do content like other classes? Does anyone know of any well rounded barbarian builds that cant do most or all content?

Good question , everyone thinks barb is op if you ask them , yet almost no one can do a build that works , barb got nerfed 5-6 times since the release of sigma 2 years ago which made it hard to play , but because some people post videos showing fast endgame content clearing made people think is an op class , this season is the perfect time for this people that said barb is op to show it , i doubt it will be done , people just talk a lot when they cant explain things .
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Latest change making a stances a castable skill rather than aura was great idea imo. Honseslty 2H melle axe barb was my first char to reach 130 lvl, since I found
Yaggai's Sagaris
Yaggai's Sagaris
Labrys (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (441 - 471) to (496 - 527)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 796
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Thunderfury
50% Chance to cast level 16 Stormblast on Melee Attack
50% Attack Speed
Adds 150-200 Damage
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+100 to Strength
+100 to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(10 to 20)%
+250 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (6)
, most ubers was easy, doable with no trouble at all, although I found Whirpool skill mandatory for some uber, like Kabaxis for ex. But, yea there are no many options there, I know poison-throw has its potential as well as war cry barb. I also like sword + shield melle, I never utilized summoner barb ;<
Drofnasb
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks for both responses. I will look more into poison throw as that sounds interesting to me.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I cant play due to lagg.. But seriously all who want to play barb with psn , follow these instruktions!

Get a crafted barb helm. Roll 3 sk - res (TIMEWAVE) oskill, get scales of drake with 2 sk. Good -psn rings, amu with hive oskill or dyers (more time strikes) belt lilith (more time strike) boots must be windrunners!! AR is crucial.
Gloves sssu heavy, rangers (skill gives psn spread) weapon ophiagus obvisouly! Shield something with procs for spread or high block % dex. Smax snake stance , gladiator, ancient blood for more skills into gladiator and snake. Get some points into that skill that gives AR and mountain king for more dex.

Playstyle is really easy.. run fast as F (gladaiator)
Spam timewave..

You Will be able to kill offscreen all the time and with 60+ AR u wont miss!

Bossing you Ask ? You Will be able to smax snake bite Also with this set up without loosing any farmspeed or damage!

Good luck !
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Barb has less variation than other classes, since almost half of his skills are support. But poison throw, 2h axe, and summoner are all really strong.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Chosed a poison throw barb as my first barb.
Not too bad so far but snake bite has big mana issues even with eagle stance use vs bosses.
Maybe I'm just using wrong stuff tho. currently lvl 112 with 130k snake bite and 26k stampede.
Im thinking about respec for max eagle stance since stampede is enough to clean trash mobs without snake stance.
Any thougths ?
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I think it's easier to fix mana issues than damage issues. Stick to snake stance, with eagle you won't deal enough dmg; get mana regen MOs on your rings and amulet, don't spam Snake Bite, just tap a boss once and wait till it runs out, then hit again. I played psn thrower recently and I get what you're dealing with, it used to be way stronger than it is now, but it's still manageable.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Most barb I've seen are either Summoners (insanly good leveling, super good at farming Toraja and Teganze for exemple) or warcry (ty all of you who bought my few
Voice of Arreat
Voice of Arreat
Horned Helm (Sacred)

Defense: 6435 to 7705
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 120
+(25 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(15 to 20) to War Cry
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(3000 to 4000) Defense
Maximum Mana +15%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Socketed (4)
xD ). Both of them are solids. Poison throw were pretty ridiculous a few patch ago when it litteraly one shotted bosses, now I'm not sure but it should still work... Physical Throw I didn't hear of anyone doing it.
Meanwhile Melee/bow/screaming eagle look like for people that reached endgame through others means and want to flex.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Frytas wrote:I think it's easier to fix mana issues than damage issues. Stick to snake stance, with eagle you won't deal enough dmg; get mana regen MOs on your rings and amulet, don't spam Snake Bite, just tap a boss once and wait till it runs out, then hit again. I played psn thrower recently and I get what you're dealing with, it used to be way stronger than it is now, but it's still manageable.

Ok won't waste a belladonna's then :) Yeah I like to spam snake bite too much probably :D

Lynderika wrote:Most barb I've seen are either Summoners (insanly good leveling, super good at farming Toraja and Teganze for exemple) or warcry (ty all of you who bought my few
Voice of Arreat
Voice of Arreat
Horned Helm (Sacred)

Defense: 6435 to 7705
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 120
+(25 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(15 to 20) to War Cry
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(3000 to 4000) Defense
Maximum Mana +15%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Socketed (4)
xD ). Both of them are solids. Poison throw were pretty ridiculous a few patch ago when it litteraly one shotted bosses, now I'm not sure but it should still work... Physical Throw I didn't hear of anyone doing it.
Meanwhile Melee/bow/screaming eagle look like for people that reached endgame through others means and want to flex.

It def doesn't one shot anything. Diablo and Duriel were the most long fights I've had with him so far.
Level 115 atm and Akarat still outregen my snake bite dmg

the dream would be to drop that seycheron sword and find out the build with khalim offhand etc.
I once saw that amazing video you guys all know about and really want to try that build.
Also want to try WW (windform?) seems a cool way to farm teganze, rather than being summoner (passive style imo)