Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
morphed wrote:
Semigloss wrote:
morphed wrote:
Semigloss wrote:Sorc Uber-skill Witch Blood doesn't increase spell damage of the new rainbow skill. I understand why from a game-mechanics perspective, but it definitely should boost it.

That would be op because that is a multiplier to spell damage and not additive , it will mean to increase the dmg by 1.5x while other classes will not have this feature .

Does this make much difference from any other spell? Plus Sorc gets basically zero spell scaling in her skill trees so this seems totally fair imo.

Well first of all sorc has the raven buff , you can get 14 all skills and 300 spell focus out of it + energy and cast rate , this is equivalent to about 200% spell dmg if not more , and Witch blood passive , if you have 500 spell dmg for example that passive alone will make it 1250 total fot sorc spells , you can get something like 800-900 spell dmg very endgame , now imagine if that was for all spells , imagine a trinity beam sorc for example 800%+ 1200% spell dmg from witchblood , 2k% spell dmg that would be op ,

None of this except the +skills from raven applies to rainbow skill. That's what I meant, Sorc has no elemental spell damage in her tree, unless you count Firedance which isn't a passive, and Vengeful Power which requires being hit.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Boban wrote:I think Witch Blood, being elemental spell dmg boost grants it for fire/cold/light and poison. And poison spell dmg reduces overall dmg from rainbow skill, while other elements increase it, so bonus and malus nullify each other. It is exactly like %spell dmg works on rainbow skill - it does not work at all. You can check it for example on TU Sash (Moonwrap) - item does nothing in terms of dmg.

This is completely wrong information. Witchblood doesn't boost rainbow skill because "total" multipliers apply on outgoing damage. Rainbow skill outsgoing damage is magic, not elemental, so if doesn't get affected. And general "spell damage" does apply, at 2x rate. Because it's fire/light/cold/poison. You get +3 and -1 so 2 times the rate.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:
morphed wrote:
Semigloss wrote:
morphed wrote:
Semigloss wrote:Sorc Uber-skill Witch Blood doesn't increase spell damage of the new rainbow skill. I understand why from a game-mechanics perspective, but it definitely should boost it.

That would be op because that is a multiplier to spell damage and not additive , it will mean to increase the dmg by 1.5x while other classes will not have this feature .

Does this make much difference from any other spell? Plus Sorc gets basically zero spell scaling in her skill trees so this seems totally fair imo.

Well first of all sorc has the raven buff , you can get 14 all skills and 300 spell focus out of it + energy and cast rate , this is equivalent to about 200% spell dmg if not more , and Witch blood passive , if you have 500 spell dmg for example that passive alone will make it 1250 total fot sorc spells , you can get something like 800-900 spell dmg very endgame , now imagine if that was for all spells , imagine a trinity beam sorc for example 800%+ 1200% spell dmg from witchblood , 2k% spell dmg that would be op ,

None of this except the +skills from raven applies to rainbow skill. That's what I meant, Sorc has no elemental spell damage in her tree, unless you count Firedance which isn't a passive, and Vengeful Power which requires being hit.

Why would the sorc have a spell dmg passive just for the rainbow storm skill ? Which will not be here next season most likely, if you take it like this , there’s also trinity beam and voidstar that dont work on sorc as good as pal or druid bcz no spell dmg , dont underestimate 14 all skills , the dmg it provides gets bigger with more spell dmg that you stack , if they do what you wish for and add a spell dmg passive , they will have to replace the crow buff , and that will only make it good for rainbowstorm and worse for all other skills since raven makes your gearing so much easier and provides more dmg than a spell dmg passive . You cant have both raven and spell dmg that will not be balanced.
Boban
Sasquatch
62 | 3
Semigloss wrote:
Boban wrote:I think Witch Blood, being elemental spell dmg boost grants it for fire/cold/light and poison. And poison spell dmg reduces overall dmg from rainbow skill, while other elements increase it, so bonus and malus nullify each other. It is exactly like %spell dmg works on rainbow skill - it does not work at all. You can check it for example on TU Sash (Moonwrap) - item does nothing in terms of dmg.

This is completely wrong information. Witchblood doesn't boost rainbow skill because "total" multipliers apply on outgoing damage. Rainbow skill outsgoing damage is magic, not elemental, so if doesn't get affected. And general "spell damage" does apply, at 2x rate. Because it's fire/light/cold/poison. You get +3 and -1 so 2 times the rate.

Ok you are right, last time I checked I was positive it didn't. My bad!
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
morphed wrote:Why would the sorc have a spell dmg passive just for the rainbow storm skill ? Which will not be here next season most likely, if you take it like this , there’s also trinity beam and voidstar that dont work on sorc as good as pal or druid bcz no spell dmg , dont underestimate 14 all skills , the dmg it provides gets bigger with more spell dmg that you stack , if they do what you wish for and add a spell dmg passive , they will have to replace the crow buff , and that will only make it good for rainbowstorm and worse for all other skills since raven makes your gearing so much easier and provides more dmg than a spell dmg passive . You cant have both raven and spell dmg that will not be balanced.

This has strayed quite far from my original point. I never said Sorc is underpowered or needed more spell damage. Sorc is really strong as is. I was just saying that Witchblood ought to raise rainbow skill damage as well, that's all.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:
morphed wrote:Why would the sorc have a spell dmg passive just for the rainbow storm skill ? Which will not be here next season most likely, if you take it like this , there’s also trinity beam and voidstar that dont work on sorc as good as pal or druid bcz no spell dmg , dont underestimate 14 all skills , the dmg it provides gets bigger with more spell dmg that you stack , if they do what you wish for and add a spell dmg passive , they will have to replace the crow buff , and that will only make it good for rainbowstorm and worse for all other skills since raven makes your gearing so much easier and provides more dmg than a spell dmg passive . You cant have both raven and spell dmg that will not be balanced.

This has strayed quite far from my original point. I never said Sorc is underpowered or needed more spell damage. Sorc is really strong as is. I was just saying that Witchblood ought to raise rainbow skill damage as well, that's all.

You do understand what a multiplier is ? Witchblood will make rainbow skill to deal 2.5x of the original dmg thats why is specifically for sorc skills only (sorc skills have a base dmg lower than all spells but witchblood mechanic compensates and makes the skills dmg equal to other classes ) now imagine if trinity beam would benefit from this passive you would have sorc to deal atleast 2x the damage compared to any class, i’m not arguing with you just trying to make you understand the idea behind skills and how they work . If your rainbow skill base dmg is 1000 and you have 300% spell damage for example, you would deal 4k dmg and if witchblood were to apply to it the damage would be 8.5k , this is sorc example , now lets take a class with spell dmg passive like druid , 1k base + 300% spell dmg (+200% passive)500% = 6k final damage , sorc would deal around 50% more dmg with this comparison and even more dmg when ur spell dmg goes over 300%, so only choice will be to make witchblood to give regular spell dmg to increase rainbow skill dmg but that would make all sorc skills much worse since they’re base dmg is shit.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Estatic frienzy buff from Warlock runeword is not working properly.

Buff with rw then switch to 2hand weapon - buff stays but deathlord overwrites it.
Buff with rw and stay with dagger/shield - negavite values.

herato
Monkey King
253 | 1
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Hellfire enchant "kills" restitution bunus.

With
Endless Pride
Endless Pride
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: 1187 to 1201
Required Level: 120
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 130
Restitution
(Based on Restore Percentage)
+2 to All Skills
+50% Bonus to Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +3%
Cube with Trophy Fragment: Restore +20%
+4 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+2 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Elemental Resists +10%
(1 to 50)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
(100% restored)

► Show Spoiler

With
Topspin
Topspin
Skull Cap (4)

Defense: (76 - 83) to (115 - 125)
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 1
5% Attack Speed
+(31 to 50)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) Defense
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
(3 to 5)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
10% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (1)
Defense: (277 - 301) to (365 - 397)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 55
Item Level: 31
15% Attack Speed
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Defense
+(71 to 100) Defense
(6 to 8)% to Dexterity
(6 to 8)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
20% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
Defense: (704 - 760) to (876 - 943)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 192
Item Level: 51
25% Attack Speed
+(91 to 110)% Enhanced Defense
+(151 to 200) Defense
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
(9 to 11)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
30% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1182 - 1258) to (1471 - 1564)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 384
Item Level: 77
30% Attack Speed
+(121 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+(301 to 400) Defense
(12 to 14)% to Dexterity
(12 to 14)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
40% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)

► Show Spoiler
Kotli
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Assassin Blink skill is not teleporting my assassin for some reason when fighting Duriel.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Kotli wrote:Assassin Blink skill is not teleporting my assassin for some reason when fighting Duriel.

Teleport is not allowed in some areas.