SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Bowzon's damage early/mid game is complete shambles. Used to be one of the best early/mid game farmers. I was playing bowzon for 15 seasons probably and now I returned to this. She needs a lot of specific items/umos to become an efficient farmer. I don't know how many nerfs there were to Phalanx, but that skill is terrible now. Seems like the arrows shoot slower, the wall spawns slower and the distance between the archers is higher. Estatic frenzy's bonus magic damage is laughable, its not a smax skill anymore, more of a leftover skill. Overall bowzon is not what it used to be, I wouldn't recommend it as a newbie friendly startup character to anyone, unless they wanna quit the mod. She is glasscannon as always, but the lack of damage is overwhelming after you hit the 120 mark.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Wotan wrote:Bowzon's damage early/mid game is complete shambles. Used to be one of the best early/mid game farmers. I was playing bowzon for 15 seasons probably and now I returned to this. She needs a lot of specific items/umos to become an efficient farmer. I don't know how many nerfs there were to Phalanx, but that skill is terrible now. Seems like the arrows shoot slower, the wall spawns slower and the distance between the archers is higher. Estatic frenzy's bonus magic damage is laughable, its not a smax skill anymore, more of a leftover skill. Overall bowzon is not what it used to be, I wouldn't recommend it as a newbie friendly startup character to anyone, unless they wanna quit the mod. She is glasscannon as always, but the lack of damage is overwhelming after you hit the 120 mark.

yeah this echos how i feel, it seemed like something was off to me but i couldn't tell because this is first time playing the class. more of a glass minus the cannon :mrgreen:

phalanx feels ok to me in terms of placement and usage as a "turret" skill, the damage is meh tho.

HeaT_
roeya
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
we can fight with this bow ?
Athulua's Wrath
Athulua's Wrath
Stag Bow (Sacred)

(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 557
Item Level: 120
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(52.0% of Dexterity)
3% Chance to cast level 63 Sun Strike on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 6 Life Spark on Striking
Adds 400-950 Fire Damage
Adds 400-950 Lightning Damage
Adds 400-950 Cold Damage
-33% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Elemental Resists -33%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
berry117
Dark Wanderer
798 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
With little to no TG invested I was able to do most charms that the guide states are doable.
Early I was easily able to farm dunc to support my character ( I went in with the mindset of spending no tg, until the character earned tg.)

I literally followed everything the guide said to do for early/mid/late game Milestones, I didn't purchase any UMOs early, you use honorific into crafted gear, into mostly cheap (less jewelery, but even then everything is cheap this season) gear.

Qaraks or Koth/kodo help out a lot, remember to actually buff w/ qaraks out, and swapping on kill.
You should have 2x bloodlusts up always. 1 cast w/ qarak in your hand, the other proc from swapping weapon mid combat to qarak for proc.

I was also under the impression ecstatic frenzy was mandatory, you should always have that running, just shoot, and shoot, leech is very important as well.

Just follow the guide.
Phys bowazone is far from weak
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Can confirm what been said there. Bowa is not lacking dmg, but survival is terrible, probably one of the weakest char to be.

Btw your crafted bow is outstanding lol
Pel
Core Lord
362 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wulf wrote:
HeaT_ wrote:i'll have to try ecstatic frenzy, cause as of right now, wyrmshot feels like absolute trash against trash mobs with the bow i linked and some decent gear. not sure if things changed since the patch you ran this cause i viewed a few of your vids and your wyrmshot is doing nice damage. your character could also be way more optimized, i'm definitely not close to min/maxing.

HeaT_

its probably exactly that. ive played so much bowzon that i know mostly what not to do that I see a lot of people doing, eventhough theyre following the guide.

for instance, rerolling old charms for perfect rolls, not spending attr points into str, not using sacred uniques without having 450str from charms alone, grabbing 400sigs before progressing into 120 ubers, not leaving phalanx at 1 point.

i think literally all the questions im getting would be resolved if people just did what i just mentioned >< but some omit these important steps, then they invariably hit a wall at lvl 120-125 and ask me for advice. i end up just telling them to follow whats already in the guide they chose to ignore hahaha

doing well on ssf bowzon isnt about being good or being geared, but its about progressing slowly without skipping steps. and often times people think theyll just kill everything because they bought ssu's and umo's. 90% of the character's power is in the charms and the base 1110 attribute points.

There is a lot of builds that can go to Dunc/Fauzt without having to eat 400 sigs It's kinda obvious they did a hard nerf on bowzon and it's not as op as it was.
Eternaldragon10
Bone Archer
70 | 0
i dont know my wyremshot sucks 2700-5200 dameg fautz is a pain the mech units are cleary not to die

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=bowylowy

maybe the eguippp is crappy?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Eternaldragon10 wrote:i dont know my wyremshot sucks 2700-5200 dameg fautz is a pain the mech units are cleary not to die

Get pre-buff setup for starters, but don't expect miracles tho. With double bloodlust, your damage will be at around 7k. Your phys res isn't great either.
Your setup looks okay, and in any other season it will be more than enough to farm fauzt without having to pump pots non-stop. Necrobots are not getting one shotted even with my bis gear so I gave up on the bowzon. She needs too much investment to make her efficiently farm fauzt. You need to make Icebreaker RW and hope for high roll, that helps a lot with the damage can go to 10k wyrmshot without prebuffing.
Reanimates help a lot in fauzt believe it or not. They distract the devastating necrobots- since they are the only ones that survive usually.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Eternaldragon10 wrote:i dont know my wyremshot sucks 2700-5200 dameg fautz is a pain the mech units are cleary not to die

• you have weird MO's. fhr isn't useful because with wild&free passive and scarab ammy, you'll always reach the 174fhr breakpoint. anything above that is a waste.
  • reroll your charms that give attributes for perfect roll
  • farm yourself a dex wormhole
  • you wasted a lot of dex by putting so many points in str. charms alone will bring you to 520str, 600 if you have an armor that gives you 50str. if you still do not have enough str to wield high str cost equipments, it means you shouldnt equip them yet. your lilith belt for example could be an honorific t4 sash. never sacrifice dmg for mf.
Eternaldragon10
Bone Archer
70 | 0
hm ok cant get wormhole :wall:
520str, 600 but how i have nearly all stat charms only high prices missing
waht to mo stash than max dameg ? and