Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discuss Median XL!
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I kinda wonder, how much it will cost. People are talking that its basically same stuff as with Starcraft 1 upgrade, where u can choose to play either old graphic or new one.

HD graphic in S1 cost around £10-15? Something like that... SO basically this new diablo is literally an OLD diablo with option to swap to HD. IF it will cost more than £20 im srsly not interested xD
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Looks surprisingly good tbh, dynamic and fluid, spell effects looks great, model animation abit stiff I agree. The game itselt is nothing more than nostalgia cash grab, maybe I will consider buying it on my ps4 but for full pc expeirence I will wait for D4.
XII
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
BTW, why system requirements for D2R are SO fuckin high?
What did they do with the game which could launched from the flashcard?
16 Gb memory? LOL
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bearded_DooD wrote:I kinda wonder, how much it will cost. People are talking that its basically same stuff as with Starcraft 1 upgrade, where u can choose to play either old graphic or new one.

HD graphic in S1 cost around £10-15? Something like that... SO basically this new diablo is literally an OLD diablo with option to swap to HD. IF it will cost more than £20 im srsly not interested xD

Well, it is 40€ :mrgreen:
leroy989
Skeleton
3 | 1
Myxir wrote:Image

Imo this graphic is awful, feel like many mods have better textures than that, but its just maybe me :derp:

But the one change that I really like is shared stash.

See the problem is though with mods all you have is better textures, where as with Diablo 2 Resurrected you have a complete 3d remaster with up to 4k resolution support and 60fps animations. You let me know when mods can pull that all off though. I instead hope to see great mods made for the Resurrected version where I can enjoy some proper 60 fps HD action.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Not sure what is wrong with the textures, imo they are really nice.

Of course, when you put some downgraded picture with bad quality then it looks bad...

I really like what they did, it looks amazing, at least for me, everyone up for its taste. :P

Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Graphics > Gameplay ? 20 years passed and all what is done is new graphics and extra stash tab ? Some old forgotten mods have more/better quality of life features. Auto pickups, expanded inventory, special place for charms only, map reveals, crafting, rws, balance, antibots, antidupes - this is what is needed.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@Anonymous

Couldn't agree more. This is more for completely new players, and I'm sure very rarely for the veterans, for those who still stick to the vanilla experience.

Though, it has some mod support which we yet have to see, maybe it will be possible to bring a lot of QoL to the game and new mods.
leroy989
Skeleton
3 | 1
Anonymous: wrote:Graphics > Gameplay ? 20 years passed and all what is done is new graphics and extra stash tab ? Some old forgotten mods have more/better quality of life features. Auto pickups, expanded inventory, special place for charms only, map reveals, crafting, rws, balance, antibots, antidupes - this is what is needed.

You do know lots of people still play the base game unmodded right? This remaster is nothing but a good thing, I mean what are we losing with this releasing? Nothing at all, while we might instead gain a potential Diablo 2 version with even greater modding capabilities that could take Median to the next level. I don't know about you but I couldn't imagine playing Median in high def with 60 fps. Worse case that doesn't happen and we have Diablo 2 that we all grew up on and loved in high def and we still have the same old mods we've always had on the classic game. They are starting it off with as much of it they can keep original as they can and if the feedback is there and enough demand then I'm sure QoL changes can be patched in.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
The price tag is of course out of this world XD I bought the original game in 2003 for about 15 euro's (with expansion) in my country. Now they ask almost three times as much, for a simple remaster, not a new game :D What are they smoking in there.

After Warcraft 3 Refunded i will never preorder anything from them again. I will buy when I can see it (on the internet). Blizzard nowadays is far from what it was 15-20 years ago. It's corporate, greedy bunch of stuck-up snobs wearing expensive suits. They're closer to being a wall street trading company than a company making video games.

Diablo 2 modding seem some movement in 2020 with POD and PD2 releasing - two big mods for vanilla oriented players. There's MXL which is very popular but MXL is a rather big overhaul, the game is nothing like vanilla. Plenty of ppl still enjoy vanilla and those 2 mods compliment those.