How long does it take to farm a full set?

Discuss Median XL!
Jam_Sack
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
I was running K3K until I could comfortably clear Duncraig. I'm currently lvl 133 now (SP) and I still haven't found a full set for my merc and sorc (Pantheon and Mysteries) after all these runs. How many clears of Duncraig should I expect to do before I can complete a set? Should I be farming somewhere else?

Also, I'm about 350mf. Are there any other ways I can increase MF after socketing all my gear with Lums/Turquoise and MO'd with MF as well?

Finally, is there a spreadsheet somewhere of expected drop rates for specific items? I've looted countless set rings/amulets and yet only 2/4 items for my merc and sorc set.

Thanks!
otarU1921
Sasquatch
60 | 7
Edit: I am thinking about what you asked, I realized my answer wasn't helpful, I was talking about what I thought without really thinking about what you asked...

Jam_Sack wrote:I was running K3K until I could comfortably clear Duncraig. I'm currently lvl 133 now (SP) and I still haven't found a full set for my merc and sorc (Pantheon and Mysteries) after all these runs. How many clears of Duncraig should I expect to do before I can complete a set? Should I be farming somewhere else?

The best areas for those sets should be K3K or Duncraig I think.
One has Set Bias and other has Sacred Item Bias.
As for how many clears, it could be as short as a 1 minute run or as long as 10 years playing.
There is no way to really know, specially because you want two specific sets among many. RNG is RNG.

Jam_Sack wrote:Also, I'm about 350mf. Are there any other ways I can increase MF after socketing all my gear with Lums/Turquoise and MO'd with MF as well?

Some charms give MF. ( I think the Cow Level has mf Rolls )
You can use MF Cycles on Triune Charm.
There are 1-3 other late game charms that increase mf, I think The Sleep?
There is also the Trophy on Triune.
There are some unique jewels that give even higher mf.
I don't remember if Scrolls of Enchantment drop on SP, I think there is something about mf there too, but it's probably related to the Goblin System?
There are some really good sacred unique items that give a lot of MF.

But at 350% MF you are already pretty stacked, I recommend focusing on getting better stats, items and increasing killing speed.
Edited by otarU1921 3 years.
Vanarchy
Sand Maggot
1152 | 47
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sadly, it's RNG. Class-specific bases are more rare than generic ones that can be used by anyone (aka it's easier to find a Sacred Chainmail than a Sacred Gambeson, which is a base for the Mysteries body armor).

One of the highest MF (yet realistically findable in SP) items in the game is
Lilith's Temptation
Lilith's Temptation
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3680 - 4089) to (4031 - 4479)
Required Level: 100
Item Level: 105
3% Chance to cast level 2 Time Strike on Striking
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
(60 to 100)% Magic Find
Requirements -100%
Socketed (2)
belt + you could deterministically farm MF cycles and Trophy fragments in Triune to make a pure MF Wormhole. If you ever manage to kill Atanna Khan (ideally kill her multiple times to get a better rolled Sleep charm), you could also farm Xazax for the trophy to apply to it (trophy adds 40% MF to the naked Sleep)

Lastly, the biggest MF upgrade you could do is... to play online. This is the basis of ARPGs, man - for every 1 item you find that you need you find like 50 that you don't. Completing the set via trading for the missing pieces is the easiest way :)

Goblin season is amazing, you should really give it a go on Sin War while it lasts
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Goblins have been dropping the 20% magic find scrolls of enchantments for amulets. I think magic find on mercs helps a bit as well, not sure how much though.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/rifts <--- the rift section indicates which item bias each rift has on it. I think I read somewhere that there's a rift level for item level for drop also, not sure about that though.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Usually, if you are playing solo without trading by the time you find the set you need- you will not need it anymore.
skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
Wotan wrote:Usually, if you are playing solo without trading by the time you find the set you need- you will not need it anymore.

Completely agree. I followed the SSF bowzon guide. and without any trades whatsoever, I have just started to complete the collected sets at around lvl 134 (I have 4 complete sets now, with most common sets having 3/4 of pieces). With trading I'm sure its quite possible earlier though.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Pretend there is no Set items :)
Seriously, the chance to get a full correct set for your current build before level 130 is just too low.
Still, there are some set items that are really nice on their own even with no set bonus!

But if you just want a full set, no question, then you can try Act 5 Elite Zones on Nightmare (not Hell). They are very safe, very crowded and monsters are agressive, they just come at you so you can clear very quickly. If you are not fast enough in Hell, try them. Sacred Uniques won't drop, but Sets drop quite often.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
skilzorz wrote:
Wotan wrote:Usually, if you are playing solo without trading by the time you find the set you need- you will not need it anymore.

Completely agree. I followed the SSF bowzon guide. and without any trades whatsoever, I have just started to complete the collected sets at around lvl 134 (I have 4 complete sets now, with most common sets having 3/4 of pieces). With trading I'm sure its quite possible earlier though.

Also it’s better to farm Duncraig for set pieces made of rarer bases (Ancient Armor, Full Plate etc.). So skip K3K as soon as you are 120.

Read Marco’s full post here:
viewtopic.php?t=3497
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

I hope that Macro and the team are reading this and I hope they will do sth about sets :bounce:

tranvanhieu wrote:Pretend there is no Set items :)
Seriously, the chance to get a full correct set for your current build before level 130 is just too low.
Still, there are some set items that are really nice on their own even with no set bonus!

But if you just want a full set, no question, then you can try Act 5 Elite Zones on Nightmare (not Hell). They are very safe, very crowded and monsters are agressive, they just come at you so you can clear very quickly. If you are not fast enough in Hell, try them. Sacred Uniques won't drop, but Sets drop quite often.

Good to know, Thank You.
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
It would be much more fun to swap some prizes from Hell difficulty quests for set items for your char... or even random ones. More chars + More quests at Hell done = more chances to get the set. Then they wont be "useless"