Summonmancer mini guide

Kottinmouth
Jungle Hunter
29 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Are you focusing on VK dmg output and tankiness? If so, then Grim Silhouette would be best. But if you only have those two as options, I would go with the TU decked out with MOs.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kottinmouth wrote:Are you focusing on VK dmg output and tankiness? If so, then Grim Silhouette would be best. But if you only have those two as options, I would go with the TU decked out with MOs.

Thanks! I actually got a Grim Silhouette from trading so that solved the dilemna. But thanks for the advice!
About the VK, I still can't decide what I should spec to. I like a big minion pack but they tend to stay too much in the back, specially Abyss knights. At the moment I can't equip the full Laz set nor Grim silhouette so I havn't reached the real VK's potential yet.
myfataltouch
Invader
9 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hello! Need some advice from the experts. Just reached level 120 using the Laz Set and Crafted gear (based on the guide). What are my next steps for gear? I've tried reading some past comments, looks like there are some SU's that are good? Icy rune helm looks highly recommended too? But is it worth breaking the set bonuses? Currently running Rathma's Chosen/Hawks/Skeles. Feeling a bit squishy in some of the lvl115 rifts/bosses. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Daishar
Skeleton
3 | 0
So, I was lucky enough to find a skeletal flayer relic and it seems really powerful for the jinn/knights build. Anyone have some suggestions on other relics that would work well? Also, how does Lamen of the Archbishop with 3x Kara's Trinket compare to other neck options? Really enjoying this build for farming tegenze/toraja, the main reason I made the character in the first place. no luck finding laz set except the wand and hat, but wearing the satanic mantra set has been working fine with crafted gloves and belt. As I understand it, summons don't provide life on kill or anything like that, so I guess if anything is lacking it's sustain. Are there options I'm missing besides potions, flat life regen and priestess henchman? Any answers or guidance would be much appreciated. Overall, the build is excellent at what I intended it for and no real complaints, thanks to the guide creator and all the people posting here with useful information.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Regardless how you build and play summons and classes - summoners have always been excellent toraja/teganze farmers. So there is no need to worry about if that was your goal. BUT - there are some excellent XIS runewords for necro summoner, you are farming t and t areas, better put essences and runestones and great runes at use.
Daishar
Skeleton
3 | 0
That was definitely my only inital goal and you're completely correct that I could continue as I am in the summoner friendly areas, I guess for those areas it's more about speed and efficiency at this point. I've been trying fauzt today and it seem like it could work really well, i do most of my farming there with melee sorc, but feels like with a bit more sustain and damage it could be more efficient than the sorc easily. 8 levels lower than the sorc, not nearly as geared and it already doesn't feel much slower. not that I'm having trouble surviving really, haven't died there yet, but the damage can pile on when I'm not careful and i have to rely on pots at that point. I'll admit that may just be from playing melee sorc and becoming accustomed to the leech and general high survivability. I'll look more into the RWs, thanks for the tip. I noticed a few looked really good, but I've been a bit wary about losing the set effect, minion count seems vital and the void archon and dark power really good as well. I think it's definitely worth getting some other gear together and trying it out though and some of the RWs do seem like a great place to start.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well for the newcomers: sets are ..a trap...thing is... you are either playing with a full set or not ( there are few exeptions ). Therefore you cannot replace from the full set one by one. You have to replace all set altogether.
Daishar
Skeleton
3 | 0
Yeah I agree, it's a bit rough basically having to switch the whole set out at once and hard to determine what's actually worth switching to. Not nearly as simple as getting a new piece and comparing against what you already have in that slot.
rapcior
Vampiress
37 | 1
Any build on 2.0? Only hawks seems good
leonhartBR
Skeleton
3 | 0
In this patch 2.1 what is the best way to distribute skills?