SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
sojourn wrote:I'm having a real tough time deciding what to MO onto my gear in the mid game.

all is in the guide. early, mid or lategame, little changes.

Mozydown wrote:Hey Wulf,thanks for the build, I'm at near end game and I got some questions about gearing for dmg.
1. Is Dyer's lotteried with +1 sk and with the path of brutality (+9 to deadly strike) stronger than Snake queen
2. What is the optimized UMO/MO for armor, bow, and jewelry?
3. What enchant should I use for my Body and Belt?
I'm running a 71-290 bow, SBS, Giant's x2, Dyer's, Black Void, Wind runner, Royal Circlet and have all my breakpoints.

1) i suspect 9ds would be better, but a better question is if it's worth losing the mf from iftk while farming, or the 2max res from a lott amulet for bossing.

2) no idea. i play SSF so i havent explored UMO/effigy projects. I'd wager
Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
in armor,
Marksman's Eye
Marksman's Eye
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
5% Attack Speed
+3 to Minimum Damage
10% Bonus to Attack Rating
2% to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
in all jewelry,
Larzuk's Round Shot
Larzuk's Round Shot
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
+10% Enhanced Damage
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +30%
+20 to Strength
+10 Required Level
in weapon.

3) enchant recommendations are at the top of the guide in the patch note logs.
Mozydown
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wulf wrote:
sojourn wrote:I'm having a real tough time deciding what to MO onto my gear in the mid game.

Mozydown wrote:Hey Wulf,thanks for the build, I'm at near end game and I got some questions about gearing for dmg.
1. Is Dyer's lotteried with +1 sk and with the path of brutality (+9 to deadly strike) stronger than Snake queen
I'm running a 71-290 bow, SBS, Giant's x2, Dyer's, Black Void, Wind runner, Royal Circlet and have all my breakpoints.

1) i suspect 9ds would be better, but a better question is if it's worth losing the mf from iftk while farming, or the 2max res from a lott amulet for bossing.

Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
in armor,
Marksman's Eye
Marksman's Eye
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
5% Attack Speed
+3 to Minimum Damage
2% to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
in all jewelry,
Larzuk's Round Shot
Larzuk's Round Shot
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
+10% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Strength
+10 Required Level
in weapon.

Mhmmm crystal tears x16 would be pretty intense but would 32% health reduction be too much? I did some math after asking the question, Essence of Ithreal increases my dmg (x16 of them) by 1052 vs Crystal tear that increases my dmg (x16 of them) by 1211 but lose 32% max life. The control, your MO recommendation (non-UMO), increases my damage by 683.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:

Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
in armor,
Marksman's Eye
Marksman's Eye
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
5% Attack Speed
+3 to Minimum Damage
2% to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
in all jewelry,
Larzuk's Round Shot
Larzuk's Round Shot
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
+10% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Strength
+10 Required Level
in weapon.

Mhmmm crystal tears x16 would be pretty intense but would 32% health reduction be too much? I did some math after asking the question, Essence of Ithreal increases my dmg (x16 of them) by 1052 vs Crystal tear that increases my dmg (x16 of them) by 1211 but lose 32% max life. The control, your MO recommendation (non-UMO), increases my damage by 683.

hp% isnt very important on amazon since paragon vit bonus doesnt go through hp%. so not much hp is lost as your base hp is close to 0. 1%hp is approximately 65 hp in the lategame. so 32% is 2100 hp. out of a pool of 18k hp it isnt too bad. you be the judge.

just make sure you base your calculation wearing lategame stuff when you do setup comparison. stuff like a good dex wormhole/triune upgraded sleep charm, etc. dmg output values of ewd/flat dmg/dex/ds will differ greatly depending on the amount you already have. for instance, flat dmg gets increasingly better as the game goes on since your dex/ewd goes higher and higher. a specific example of this is ripstar vs gk. a lot of people dont think twice about a gk upgrade, but they forget or just dont know that ripstar has more dmg output than a gk. same story for
Death Spur
Death Spur
Heavy Boots (4)

Defense: 27 to 39
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 27
Item Level: 1
1% Chance to cast level 6 Spike Nova on Kill
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
+0.09375 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(11 to 15) to Strength
+(11 to 15) to Dexterity
Socketed (1)
Defense: 109 to 141
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 55
Item Level: 31
1% Chance to cast level 10 Spike Nova on Kill
+0.15625 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(21 to 25) to Strength
+(21 to 25) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
Defense: 248 to 310
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 193
Item Level: 51
1% Chance to cast level 14 Spike Nova on Kill
+0.21875 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(31 to 35) to Strength
+(31 to 35) to Dexterity
Socketed (3)
Defense: 346 to 427
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 386
Item Level: 77
1% Chance to cast level 16 Spike Nova on Kill
+0.25 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(36 to 40) to Strength
+(36 to 40) to Dexterity
Socketed (4)
in the very lategame. its dmg and extra dex & dex% in the lategame makes it almost identical to windrunners, but you get an extra 1.5k hp.
Edited by Wulf 3 years.
Mozydown
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:

Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
in armor,
Marksman's Eye
Marksman's Eye
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
5% Attack Speed
+3 to Minimum Damage
2% to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
in all jewelry,
Larzuk's Round Shot
Larzuk's Round Shot
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
+10% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Strength
+10 Required Level
in weapon.

well it would only cancel out your bonus hp% from charms. hp% isnt very important on amazon since paragon vit bonus doesnt go through hp%. so not much hp is lost as your base hp is close to 0.

youre the judge. just make sure you base your calculation wearing lategame stuff when you do setup comparison. stuff like a good dex wormhole/triune upgraded sleep charm, etc.

Thanks for the advice and insight! I didn't know about the HP% thing but now i do that's good to know!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Mozydown wrote:Thanks for the advice and insight! I didn't know about the HP% thing but now i do that's good to know!

check my edit, i added more info
sojourn
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Yeah sorry I meant UMO's not mo's. Also using sigil of absolution on the helmet/bow could definitely be worthwhile since you'll have more than enough dex anyways. I've got all of the really late game gear now. I'm lvl 125 but no where near 18k hp haha using taha's in bow instead of skulls because the dmg difference is huge.
ee_wklaa
Cog
246 | 0
Is it a bug to enchant ama charm with a scroll? ie. my enchanted charm added one skill only but not the following spec

Scroll of Enchantment: Class Charm
Cube Reagent
Cube with the Sacred Sunstone to Add Bonus
Enhances Your Innate Skill
Physical Damage: +15%
Spell Damage excl. Poison: +10%
Duration: +20%
Mozydown
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:Thanks for the advice and insight! I didn't know about the HP% thing but now i do that's good to know!

Ahhh I just checked out your edit. Yeah I'm trying to figure out how much EWD I will have when everything settles. My EWD isn't high unless I consider to wear my royal circlet for the 90 EWD against demons. I also looked at the patch notes thing you referred to earlier, I currently have 65% phys. resist, do I still go for the physical enchant for the belt? And how much elemental resist should I have end game (remember reading somewhere someone said 240% in case of elemental pierce/shred).
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:

Ahhh I just checked out your edit. Yeah I'm trying to figure out how much EWD I will have when everything settles. My EWD isn't high unless I consider to wear my royal circlet for the 90 EWD against demons. I also looked at the patch notes thing you referred to earlier, I currently have 65% phys. resist, do I still go for the physical enchant for the belt? And how much elemental resist should I have end game (remember reading somewhere someone said 240% in case of elemental pierce/shred).

stacked resist are only needed in T11+ labs. if your pr is already capped, you can go for cold or light resist enchant.
Mozydown
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:

stacked resist are only needed in T11+ labs. if your pr is already capped, you can go for cold or light resist enchant.

Is there no use for magic resist?