SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Vatiel
Banned
31 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Spell damage aint working with WDM skills , it increases tooltip damage but that bonus damage from spell dmg counts only for melee swing attacks.

thats odd cause I just tested it... again, and it clearly works with stag bow, alot of pple use spell damage only gear with elemental bow too
and not because their damage isn't boosted by it lol, but because it's easier to get damage from that source as opposed to dex gear in the early game

it doesnt make sense that it works with innate damage melee weapons
but not innate damage ranged weapons either

You actually wanna get 2 sleep charms just so u can buff with extra +spell damage from qouv tsin sleep upgrade
then switch to nephalem sleep upgrade, getting to 200% spell damage is key for elemental bowzon in fact...
then u want to focus on dex+deadly strike+innate+ all your other necessities
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Deadly strike on elemental weapons? :\
ee_wklaa
Cog
246 | 0
Vatiel wrote:life spark on strike is best in slot

athuluas wrath is best if u have less than ~7k dex, horned hunter is better if u have over ~7k dex

craft is best in slot for every slot, +10% spell damage, +dex%, +flat Dex, 1x abandoned, 3x trinity, same with bow, chest is 15- 20% all attributes, plus 10-15% dex roll, flat life

abandoned/trinity crafted chest is your biggest priority, until then use the petulant which is great in midgame cause
you want to be farming bosses for perfect charms/trophies anyways, and can easily pop on a tantrum quiver to do some bosses alot
faster... baal trophy farming

You dont need to prioritize spell damage after u have 200% total from all your gear and buffs, you get alot from buff items/charms

You do want lots of items to mix around so you can always get your speed caps when you switch gear, or -enemy res when boss farming

dyers eve/qouvtsin/giants knuckle , beads of the snakequeen/ouroboros are best in slot with a craft bow that has high +innate, and a rogue merc
with dark power helm, and ideally u want one too in high labs, with a separate one for farming

thank you so much^^
ee_wklaa
Cog
246 | 0
Vatiel wrote:
You actually wanna get 2 sleep charms just so u can buff with extra +spell damage from qouv tsin sleep upgrade
then switch to nephalem sleep upgrade, getting to 200% spell damage is key for elemental bowzon in fact...

i can use both qouv tsin charm and nephalem charm with sleep upgraded at the same time?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Vatiel wrote:
Spell damage aint working with WDM skills , it increases tooltip damage but that bonus damage from spell dmg counts only for melee swing attacks.

thats odd cause I just tested it... again, and it clearly works with stag bow, alot of pple use spell damage only gear with elemental bow too
and not because their damage isn't boosted by it lol, but because it's easier to get damage from that source as opposed to dex gear in the early game

Dont believe the lying character screen, and ds only works with weapon physical damage, before conversion, if you use a skill that has any.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Vatiel wrote:

It is not a question of it making sense, it is a question of the diablo2 engine. Spell damage has always worked with flat damage sources on melee attacks and not on ranged attacks, even in vanilla diablo2. That is why melee sorcs using the enchant skill were a thing but bow sorcs using the enchant skill were not.

But since you claimed that you tested it, I was swayed and tested it myself too.

I wasted a belladona, respecced my druid and tried the following:
I punched monsters in nightmare bloodmoor in melee and with the throwing attack using a sacred throwing axe and also shot them with a sacred maple bow without having points in any skills.
Then i put 27 points into pagan rites, giving me 135% spell damage. The tooltip damages (both melee and ranged) went up as expected.
Back in the bloodmoor, monsters were still taking the same amount of hits to kill with ranged attacks.
On melee attacks, however, everything was dying with one hit now.
This is clear evidence that spell damage does not scale innate elemental damage on ranged attacks.
On melee attacks, i am unsure whether it scales innate ele dmg or just the flat ele dmg also contained on the weapon.

Also, deadly strike does not work with innate ele dmg according to devs. I'm not gonna test this, because it is too much work to isolate deadly strike on gear/skills.
Edited by Splargh 2 years.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Splargh wrote:
It is not a question of it making sense, it is a question of the diablo2 engine. Spell damage has always worked with flat damage sources on melee attacks and not on ranged attacks, even in vanilla diablo2.

Btw this interaction is not intended, its a bug, and i expect it to be gone in 2.0 :)
Vatiel
Banned
31 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well as of right now, it is working for elemental stag bow...

Im kind of tired of reiterating the same things over and over again,

sometimes it appears it doesnt work, then it does work, there are some bugs involved, but

it is clearly working for elemental stag bows, i have used spell damage equipment/buffs my entire playthrough

to gain increased damage, and deadly strike is hugely beneficial, clearly so for bosses, and all the late game farming,

and is an absolute necessity especially in labs when they get 50% absorbs to all elements.

It's even build into the game where the sleep upgrade from nephalem trophy gives ...

+%innate, and +%Deadly Strike

And its the most happy marriage I can tell you, again, personally : D
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
At this point im not sure if you are just stupid or trolling.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Vatiel wrote:Well as of right now, it is working for elemental stag bow...

Im kind of tired of reiterating the same things over and over again,

sometimes it appears it doesnt work, then it does work, there are some bugs involved, but

it is clearly working for elemental stag bows, i have used spell damage equipment/buffs my entire playthrough

to gain increased damage, and deadly strike is hugely beneficial, clearly so for bosses, and all the late game farming,

and is an absolute necessity especially in labs when they get 50% absorbs to all elements.

It's even build into the game where the sleep upgrade from nephalem trophy gives ...

+%innate, and +%Deadly Strike

And its the most happy marriage I can tell you, again, personally : D

deadly strike doubles physical damage before any conversion of the skill or factoring % wdm of the skill. since you're elemental based and dealing no physical damage, that's completely useless stat.

spell damage does not benefit elemental damage from weapon. it's just a bug with how the damage is displayed on your character sheet. you can clearly check in d2stats to see that increases in spell damage do not apply to your elemental damage panel.

having it "built into the nephalem trophy" does not mean the stats are a match together. it just happens to be that way to provide bonuses to a broader selection of builds.

what else can I help you with clarifying? i spent majority of my time playing this season crafting an ied bowzon with a friend, we've explored pretty much every option to optimize both defenses, hp, damage, and speed to find the best fits.