Guide to Triune boss fight

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Boban
Sasquatch
62 | 3
Agreed on purify, but Lucion is in my opinion very cool fight once you know what you are doing. Those unique mechanics are fun, it is something else from what you are doing all the time and kinda necessary to keep things fresh. Same for Valthek fight, it is totally different from everything else and I love it (not the set hunting tho XD).
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Triune boss fight was nerfed to oblivion, I really couldn't stand it when it was introduced, but right now it is cakewalk if you know how to do it and I don't see why they should change it any further. I don't find anything wrong with purify either. All builds in purify fights are equal with the exception of specific class abilities like having more avoid, bigger lifepool, defense, free combat speeds, etc.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ILoseControl wrote:Triune boss fight was nerfed to oblivion, I really couldn't stand it when it was introduced, but right now it is cakewalk if you know how to do it and I don't see why they should change it any further. I don't find anything wrong with purify either. All builds in purify fights are equal with the exception of specific class abilities like having more avoid, bigger lifepool, defense, free combat speeds, etc.

Just cuz its nerfed. Not challenging at all. And purify bosses SHOULD be equal to all. Feels so vanilla d2 that only assassins are able to Shine at these.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Boban wrote:Agreed on purify, but Lucion is in my opinion very cool fight once you know what you are doing. Those unique mechanics are fun, it is something else from what you are doing all the time and kinda necessary to keep things fresh. Same for Valthek fight, it is totally different from everything else and I love it (not the set hunting tho XD).

Dont get me started on the set hunt.. seriously once you finished the Map u never want to do it again, ni challange But the maze is just meh :-8
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Honsetly, the problem with the fight is that its bugged as hell. People do what they think is right, and it is right, but the aura on the tome bugs out and they dont know why they cant do damage to Lucion.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Berkabus1 wrote:
ILoseControl wrote:Triune boss fight was nerfed to oblivion, I really couldn't stand it when it was introduced, but right now it is cakewalk if you know how to do it and I don't see why they should change it any further. I don't find anything wrong with purify either. All builds in purify fights are equal with the exception of specific class abilities like having more avoid, bigger lifepool, defense, free combat speeds, etc.

Just cuz its nerfed. Not challenging at all. And purify bosses SHOULD be equal to all. Feels so vanilla d2 that only assassins are able to Shine at these.

Yes, all bosses SHOULD theoretically be equal to all. SHOULD we have 8x the same class then? Because that doesn't seem like class variability at all to me. You can't achieve a total balance.. of course different classes will have different buffs or passives. I've done 200 Lazarus runs on my last season with a paladin, that doesn't sound like an assassin to me.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ILoseControl wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:

Yes, all bosses SHOULD theoretically be equal to all. SHOULD we have 8x the same class then? Because that doesn't seem like class variability at all to me. You can't achieve a total balance.. of course different classes will have different buffs or passives. I've done 200 Lazarus runs on my last season with a paladin, that doesn't sound like an assassin to me.

No. Make all characters kick assassin or smiters then were back to the magic of childhood ! Woho
Boban
Sasquatch
62 | 3
Berkabus1 wrote:
ILoseControl wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:

No. Make all characters kick assassin or smiters then were back to the magic of childhood ! Woho

You forgot about hammerdins! :puke: :puke:
Deathadvocat
Sasquatch
65 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Most important thing is to not curse too early. Duration doesn't overlap. Just wait patiently until the small white tornado disappears from Lucion. Then this fight is a piece of cake.
Also if Lucion continues to chase you after beeing cursed just let him catch you. He doesn't hurt you while cursed, but catching you will allow him to re-target.