The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
noalkain wrote:Is getting an honorific sacred labrys and crafting it with mystic orb and shrine blessing a good idea ? If so, i'm not sure which shrine to choose. Creepy, intimidating or Weird ?

15ed mo x5 x2 (honorific bonus) and intimidating bless can get you to 200ed with superior rolls on base item.
Issue here is you will lack flat damage, since these mo suck. 12 max damage per MO, x 5, thats 60 max damage, which is 30 average damage. Compared to options we discuss in these thread that grant 150ish. I'd rather MO 30% life leech than this average damage and only finish with that mo as last probably.
Another problem is lack of MO space.
JAH runes require level 80, and base honorific item would start from 30, so that is huge waste worth of 50req levels.
You'd have to use perfect skulls (level 18), and lose 5% ed on each, so total of 30 compared to jahs.
It is important to go with skulls here, since most value of honorific item comes from double MO effect, so that free level requirement space is what we should focus on.

Let's assume we hit 4% deadly strike (we aim for max roll here) with intimidating bless, that with 6 skulls and maxed ed from mo, will result in sacred labrys with 250% enhanced damage. and requirement level 50.
Add DS mo, for +10%, and max damage MO for +60 max, that puts us at req of 90. After that there is room for attack rating (big, 500%) and leech (30%).

Final weapon will have 385-452 damage (419 average), 14% deadly strike (which is multiplier of physical damage so this could translate to 477 dmg average if we didn't have other sources of flat damage on any gear piece or charm).
Then we have more %attack rating then other options, but we lose rune bonus from runemaster if we stick to gems.

TU axe with jahs and without max damage mo, is about 350 avg damage, with no deadly strike. So quite bit less, but don't forget about other stats such as skills, slows target etc.

Honestly honorific doesn't seem entirely bad option. Good catch.

Anonymous: wrote:Or you could experiment without that 1 point into skill that nulifies elemental dmg. You will lose a lot of CB, but does it really matter ? Bosses are immune and trash mobs die fast anyways.

It also costs us bunch of attack rating, thats main problem.
That and fact that vs hard bosses that move/teleport you don't really get to spam your attacks anyway, and SOR has cooldown. So value of attack procs is greatly diminished.
youtube.com/ae1337
Based
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Yeah i managed to hit 5400, but it was definitely not easy lol. The damage is very noticeable, a great upgrade. Only problem i have farming anything is Etherborn in Scosglen can be a bitch. I'll have to try a Witchhunters helm to boost survivability. I haven't done labs yet though, this is the first time ive ever even made it this far in the game. This build is very very nice and affordable.

Just to ask though, what is the strat for dealing with teleporting bosses like Astrogha? Tried it a few times and SOR being delayed is an annoyance here.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
As I stated at the beginning - teleporters are annoying as hell. And in lab there is plenty of them so prepare for "lot of fun" :)

If we look at all skills what works best against teleporting when struck targets, is hit that packs as much damage as possible in one hit, or if multiple hits occur in same frame, then it will teleport but first receives most of damage.
Theoretically best of all would be some strong long duration poison, then you hit once, not even enough to trigger there teleport, and all damage will be delivered while you chill away from boss. Thats ideal and that is also why poison single target skills are so strong and usually controlled by game designers by giving them short duration.

What you could do as barb is do the old thing, ancient's hand oskill, remove heart of stone, and gear with big (close to 200) fire pierce. But that requires entire gear change and is practically a different build. Ele conversion build like this not only utilizes pierce which is a huge multiplier, but still benefits from deadly strike (because skill converts phys to elemental).
For pure physical build, instant multihitting oskills could be an answer, get carnage from somewhere.
Otherwise you are left with hit & run with shower of rocks.

On unrelated note, just randomly found this :)

youtube.com/ae1337
Based
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Yeah thats what i thought would be the answer. I might just level another character instead to get the charms i can't with this character. All in all though this will probably be my league starter from now on assuming nothing changes, or i end up liking WW barb :-P . How far i got strictly on TUs and some random decent rare rings/ammys is pretty nuts.

Nice find! I just bought myself a 23/25 Khazra today and it is SO good.
sujan2016
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why Necrobots in Fauzt feel like some minibosses? They don't die easily. I can kill everything but they don't die. What is the strategy here? just leave them?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
They have physical resist or absorb (not sure), but they are more resistant to phys damage, similar to necromobs in duncraig.
One item that could have helped against these guys would be
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
30% Enhanced Damage vs. Necrobots
10% Chance to cast level 40 Nova Bomb on Melee Attack
+2 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
Adds 1-188 Lightning Damage
+650 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
Stun Attack
+(11 to 16) to Hive
Lightning Resist +(40 to 50)%
Poison Resist +(40 to 50)%
. As far as i know this orange text is straight 30% more damage to necrobots (not weak +30ewd on top of our total ewd).
youtube.com/ae1337
sincrowly
Core Lord
366 | 14
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SoR could melt them, I use on packs of Necrobots but really cannot clear entirely. making this gloves
Mercy
Mercy
Gloves

'LewElq'
Runeword Level: 110
10% Chance to cast level 18 Punishers on Melee Attack
10% Combat Speeds
+(59 to 69) to Maximum Damage
+26 Defense
+(151 to 200) to Strength
(15 to 20)% to Vitality
atm to test.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Heart of stone doesn't prevent poison damage, which is worth noting. But I doubt you gonna get good results out of it without investment (into spelldmg/pierce), also 10% on attack is very low for us.
These gloves are interesting endgame option though, lot of avg damage and 200 str, it could beat the craft.
Hard to find interesting gloves.
Savage

Savage
Gloves

'YstFelKa'
Runeword Level: 110
+1% Weapon Physical Damage per 50 Strength or Dexterity
(Whichever is Higher)
75% Attack Speed
+10 Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 40) to all Attributes
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Cold Resist +1%
Cold Resist +25%
10% Magic Find
only grants 100ewd with 5000 strength, pretty low, but maybe worth it?
Sacred uniques all suck and there is not good set combo with gloves as far as i can see.
youtube.com/ae1337
kapi0797
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, newbie here trying to play this build. Is this good for bossing? I farm to lvl133 but some boss seem impossible to do like belial, archbishop or spirit world. Do i need to respect to do these boss??
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
aerial wrote:
Anonymous: wrote:Or you could experiment without that 1 point into skill that nulifies elemental dmg. You will lose a lot of CB, but does it really matter ? Bosses are immune and trash mobs die fast anyways.

It also costs us bunch of attack rating, thats main problem.
That and fact that vs hard bosses that move/teleport you don't really get to spam your attacks anyway, and SOR has cooldown. So value of attack procs is greatly diminished.

To tak. Barb is decent farmer for me, i am not investing into him directly, not even eating sigs. But he is tanky enough, kill speed good enough for duncraig or below and he has good mf. But single target skill is crap. SoR is amazing when it's not on cooldown, but it's on cooldown most of the time and even JD bosses are horrible experience. Don't want to think how QT fight would look like.

On oskills - i tried whirlpool from crafted chest - seems ok. Close to 1shoting stuff in duncraig.
Gorefest - it's crap, worse aoe than earthquake and small delay between initial hit and guts on ground, plus aoe feels weird. So still waiting for this skill to be updated. I don't believe it ever worked and was used. Shame since it has one of coolest names.

Current stats: