Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Floating point scaling lets you to create whatever size window you want. It adds black bars if you set it higher than your vertical screen res, then it changes window to be wide with bars.
For example I have 1440p screen, so when i scale it to 184% from standard 768p window, this is exactly right (because it also adds window title bar that need is included in 1440p).
Works and looks amazing, no need ahk script.
And if i want run full screen on 4k tv, flawless transition.
I'm really pleased with this new wrapper, looks and works great.
youtube.com/ae1337
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Imperius wrote:When i exit the game i get the c000005 exception, is it possible to fix?

Yes. Set compatibility mode to Windows 7 or XP and run it with -dxnocompatmodefix option.

Imperius wrote:Also if i use the floating-point scaling can i run it without these black bars on the sides?

Nope. This scaling option makes sense only in windowed mode and in windowed mode you don't have black bars on sides.

If you really want "stretched 16:9 look" take a look a couple of posts above for Reshade tool.
sonneko
Stygian Watcher
42 | 13
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MY4SG4 wrote:
Mafankulo wrote:If U install Reshade(DX11) u can also stretch the image to remove the black bars Using the aspect ration toggle/Shader

a fake 16:9 :-D looks alright.

A bug i noticed is you cannot get over 60fps in the actual game. lobby runs at max but the in game it hovers then drops back to 60fps

Could you make an tutorial?
EDIT: Okay no need ive installed all filters/shaders and found aspect tool iam proud smooth on fullscreen AWESOME.
Iam using luma Sharpen aswell to fix blurry
Btw my game is capped at 50 FPS :? Any idea? i had 60 fps last week..
it's about new patch?

Damn the same happened to me. I thought the server was funny. Probably because of the new patch.
xMudkips
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
How can I be sure it runs the args when playing Median XL? We use the launcher to play, and I've never really fiddled with much inside of the launcher if that's where the changes need to be made.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
So at least i can fill my screen in windowed mode by using the scale i hope, i activated the nocompatfix in the cfg file and used w7 compat and it fixed the issues, thanks.
prolexy
Destroyer
7 | 0
Which Setting i take in „run Videotest“ ?
CheeseOfTruth
Invader
9 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So, just for an idiot like me. I used this cnc thingy. To use this now, do I have to reinstal D2LoD and MedianXL or can I just do this and It'll work?
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
what can put in there instead of [-1, 1]
im trying to change resolution form 1024 768 to 1280 1024 without using scale parameter
fixer_m
Stygian Watcher
42 | 15
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
CheeseOfTruth wrote:I used this cnc thingy. To use this now, do I have to reinstal D2LoD and MedianXL or can I just do this and It'll work?

I'm pretty sure it should work independently, because they use different video modes (D2DX is 3dfx and CNC-DDraw is DirectDraw), so you can just do installation steps for D2DX and it should work. As well as you can switch back to CNC-DDraw.

prolexy wrote:Which Setting i take in „run Videotest“ ?

You can skip this and just launch a game with explicit -3dfx option.
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
this one is the best i can get but how to 'turn off aspect ratio' or whatever to get rid of those little empty spaces above and below (they in sum equal to frameless=false buttons)Image
these r my settings (still dunno how to use game window thing)