The Bowazon

prowler
Prowler
16 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Paragon gives you a ton of survival, after all, you are running with 0 def.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Quick question: I'm using Hand of Karcheus as my bow at the moment and I've noticed when the Glacial Nova triggers my barrage skill goes on a split second cooldown ... Is there any way to counter this or is it just a reality of the Glacial Nova triggering?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
No way to counter this, the delay of glacial nova is causing this. Make yourself double mo bow with SOL runeword- the dps of that bow is insane. Punishers clean the whole screen and gives you an alternate damage source to your tri-elemental skill.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks for the tips :) I am trying to farm Destruction Fauztinville and finish some of the Hard Ubers but the going is pretty slow. I am playing a paragon, barrage and phalanx build... not using ecstatic frenzy (is this a mistake? spent points in balance instead)
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Also checked out the SOL RW bow; recommend Shrine Crafted or T6 Honorific?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Fauzt is pretty hardcore for a bowzon. Duncraig is far easier. You should supermax EF, because:
1. You dont have defense
2. You get Forth or Fifth ( if you have punisher) source of damage
3. EF pretty much gets you to IAS cap easily and gives you extra walking speed.

Paragon is the only viable choice for farming. Also hitting FHR cap is very easy with Wild and Free. All you need is a leeching source ( laek, %LL) and some procs to deal with different immunities. The problem with fauzt for most characters are the nasty necrobots. If you dont rush into big groups and have decent amount of reanimates, its very doable as mid gear bowzon, but slow and painful :) You should also consider respeccing to Wyrm/Phalanx/Barrage build. Snipe with Wyrm from afar and finish off those who come close with barrage. In situations where you can position yourself well you can spam Phalanx and kill offscreen.
Note: Wyrmshot build is not very suitable for SOL runeword.

ps. Runewords can be made only on Grey items.

Luck Trial

Some weapons are specially forged and imbued with great power. Alas, they look exactly like a normal weapon. It is only when you test them with great powers that you might find their true nature. One usually buys a Mystic Orb from weapon-smiths for the test, but sometimes it is sold by people with magical powers.

Any weapon + Mystic Orb with Luck Trial → returns item, may add bonus
This recipe has 2% chance to add:

Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
The recipe always adds +2 Required Level. You have only one chance per weapon, if the weapon fails the trial, trying again is useless. If it succeeds though, the weapon is of such fine craftsmanship and power that the Lucky/Blessed Lucky/Lottery recipe and Athulua's Blessing will always work with it.

NOTE: The bonus does not double the Mystic Orb effects added before the Luck Trial recipe.

You should use either T6 Reflex Bow or Sacred one (if you have enough dex to equip).
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Shit forgot all about Grey Items only... been reading the Documentation so much that I have info overload. I respeced to the build you suggested last night but Fauzt is still slow going. Hoping I get a decent Dear Ester drop soon, at least I could craft Hanabigami finally so my quiver is sorted. I managed to get my Defence to around 150k at the moment using %Total Character Defence MO's which has improved the survivability quite a bit but I guess going for EF is going to be more useful. Thanks again for the tips... I try follow the Docs and Guides for info but the community is always helpful with the mid to end game advice. Much appreciated!
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
I actually crafted a Sacred Reflex Box and tried it out (6x Amethyst sockets) with 60% life leech and lowering Enemy Resists... It still didn't solve the slow going in Fauzt, but from what you say it is just a reality of the build so I should go for higher DPS and Life Leech and accept that Fauzt will be challenging for now. :)
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Keep crafting with all sorts of shrines, until you get throw knife/arrow proc on striking + decent amout of max damage and ideally high %enhanced damage ( to spare the mo space). Also put perfect rubies/rainbow stones into the weapon instead of amethysts(unless you lack attack rating). Don't rely on Dear Esther dropping. Better craft yourself a decent bow for now, until one of the good SU Amazon bows drops. Although you can get an insane craft that can outshine any of them..
Dont waste MO space on defense. Better get - enemy resists to 100 and get EF on smax. You can leave Paragon as 1pt and/or leftovers.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks...I was actually thinking along those lines so it's good to know I'm at least going in the right direction. Going to spend more time farming Shrines and Crafting this evening and hopefully make Fauzt my bitch :p then try and finally finish Cathedral of Vanity and Judgment Day.