Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Droggo wrote:Whats the situation with high str/dex pieces? Im currently lvl 70 and i have 80 str, enough for iceshell t1. Am i supposed to MO in honorifics or just chill with t1 untill i get charms or what?

- sounds like you dumped alot into energy early game. the only way to solve this is to grab yourself like honorific boots or gloves or even both and stack them with stats and spell damage and spell focus. placing mystic orbs and pgems? catch my drift? :)

DraX wrote:
Atanna's Key
Atanna's Key
Clasped Orb (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 39 to 41
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 188
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
2% Chance to cast level 1 Force Blast on Death Blow
+(6 to 7) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(30 to 40)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(25 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Maximum Life +3%
Maximum Cold Resist +5%
(100 to 200)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (2)
or
Holy Wars
Holy Wars
Eagle Orb (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 35 to 36
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 171
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
7% Chance to cast level 60 Fire Cannonade on Death Blow
+4 to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Cast Speed
+(20 to 30)% to Spell Damage
-(20 to 30)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(30 to 35) to Emerald Prison
20% to Energy
+(80 to 100) Life after each Kill
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (2)
?

for farming , Holy wars 1000%
if you wanna push rifts go with atanna's key

Hipposcottamus wrote:Heya, I just started doing rifts and have cleared a t4, I find I barely use frigid nova anymore. I have all the bis gear from the guide except I don't have UMOs on my gear. Frigid nova is about 12k tooltip, but pretty much tickles the mobs so I find myself killing everything with Glacial Torrent. Anyone else have similar experience? should I drop points from Frigid to get more passives? Also how much of a difference do Auriel's Focus make? I'm hesitant to dump all my tg on mystic orbs and find out the build runs into a wall in t9 rifts. https://tsw.vn.cz/char/ziphole this me ^_^

no i had the same problem. its because they dont freeze i think. for rifting its probably best to just use glacial torrent and maybe swapping the skill tree around to maybe more melee-ish compatible. such as; warp armor + nova charge , Snow Queen or Living Flame , picking yourself up moonstrike and cold blood on melee tree alongside melee devotion
GrandMaitre
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hi, I'm level 110, all t4 uniques. Where do I farm the set I need for end game ?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
GrandMaitre wrote:Hi, I'm level 110, all t4 uniques. Where do I farm the set I need for end game ?

you can start finding the set in k3k at 115, or you can farm i think Tran Athulua or it might be Torajan Jungles for the set pieces as well. However, i'll have you know, I used the Tiered Uniques all the way til level 120 xD
bigsad
Prowler
18 | 0
Hi, how do you do cham laz for Sor cold ?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bigsad wrote:Hi, how do you do cham laz for Sor cold ?

sadly i bought mine. been meaning to make an attempt to make a video for it and try it, but tbh i've moved off the cold sorc for a bit to work on poison sorc and an upcoming sorc build. Im not sure if I can even do it, but ill give it a try when I have the time.
bigsad
Prowler
18 | 0
Dru wrote:
bigsad wrote:Hi, how do you do cham laz for Sor cold ?

sadly i bought mine. been meaning to make an attempt to make a video for it and try it, but tbh i've moved off the cold sorc for a bit to work on poison sorc and an upcoming sorc build. Im not sure if I can even do it, but ill give it a try when I have the time.

Hi, if you can do it with any build's Sor. Please just help me. Thanks
Xizor89
Imp
5 | 0
So ive got another question, with how you have 20 points into raven familiar in the arcane tree it doesnt give the +6 like its supposed to (which feels like a bug but not sure) should i keep the points there or should i allocate 3 points to something else until they fix it? (assuming its actually a bug.)
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
So anyone manage T10 rifts, Samael kill and/or deimboss with this build? Or are only pally builds capable of that lol
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
void star paladin can probably get there if you min max it out
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
Ehhhh half the top 50 is all paladins lol I really don’t want to crack and join ‘em lol some build diversity capable of doing all content would be nice is all.

Buff all other classes, especially zon. She’s garbage right now