some help on destruction baal

Discuss Median XL!
teodar
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
am 126 phys bow druid
have full nature set, t4 zealot rush, sacred crafted gloves with damage and hit recovery, a ripstar and a mf ring with minion life & res, althua's oracle and a rare quiver with attack speed and sunstrike on hit proc. Have 8k life, 147k def, 76 ele res, 15 phys res, 30% avoid, 185 fhr and 260 att speed. Steady shot does 5200 - 8800k and Cascade does 7300 -1100k. Bear has 110% to life and 79 all res.

Hit a complete wall with baal - i damage him too slowly and have too short a window to dps him while he has no vision summoned. If bear dies on cooldown im dead in 2-3 hits. Barely got him to around half hp and when i died the instance was locked. I am in sp. I have all easy and most moderate charms. Merc is a1 damage rogue and her gear is somewhat bad. She has 75 ele res 65 poison res -5 phys res, 150 att speed, 110 fhr, and sacred rare hunters bow with 175-178 dmg and a time strike on hit proc. Her best item is her royal circlet sacred unique.

Pls give me some idea on how to dramatically improve my damage.

Ps. Just beat him - respeced to heartseeker and got lucky for the first minute or so, nuked him to 1/3. Rest was a nightmare slog trying to split him from his visions over and over again but beat him by a hair. I really think that his chance to summon on hit should be reduced , rest is fine.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
My advice would be to not go in with merc and just avoid him all the time, in that case he will only spawn the smaller helpers from time to time, but no additional spawns that make Baal invulnerable. I haven't had much issues with Baal on four different characters so I think it's mostly down to mechanics.

Best way to avoid Baal is to spawn to the middle section and walk out from there and approach Baal from the back, then when he has you cornered at one point, tele back to center again. Rinse and repeat.
teodar
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Will try to do the avoid strat to see if it makes a big difference in his summon rate. Still scared of the destruction minions- cant run from them, they teleport. Tnx for the reply. :)
accelarator
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Muilpeer wrote:My advice would be to not go in with merc and just avoid him all the time, in that case he will only spawn the smaller helpers from time to time, but no additional spawns that make Baal invulnerable. I haven't had much issues with Baal on four different characters so I think it's mostly down to mechanics.

Best way to avoid Baal is to spawn to the middle section and walk out from there and approach Baal from the back, then when he has you cornered at one point, tele back to center again. Rinse and repeat.

Does Baal have a higher chance to spawn visions when he is at lower hp when he hits you? Every Baal run I've done always does that, like when he is at 10-15% hp left, he will spawn 2-3 visions instantly at the same time.
teodar
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Accelarator, that was my experience for my 3 runs as well.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
For bow druid i would recoment to try get tantrum quiver and use that oskill for boss fight.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
I fought him with Bowzon. Went in alone without any merc and summon. And he spawned 2-3 minion of destruction along with a vision of anguish/pain/hated/terror.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
La_minore wrote:I fought him with Bowzon. Went in alone without any merc and summon. And he spawned 2-3 minion of destruction along with a vision of anguish/pain/hated/terror.

Do you have reanimates by any chance?
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
I don't remember well, but perhaps I was using
Cecaelia

Cecaelia
Amazon Bows

'TahaIgnFulGlaVenSil'
Runeword Level: 100
50% Attack Speed
+175 Damage
+500 Fire Damage
+500 Lightning Damage
+500 Cold Damage
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target (21 to 25)%
+50 to Dexterity
+100 to Vitality
then. I will test by fighting him again with no-reanimate gear.

I will try to see if Phalanx has anything to do with it, been suspecting it lately.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
with guardian of scolsgen i could kill him in 10 seconds, thanks to 40k dmg heartseeker