Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Miothan wrote:I was wondering what gear a Totem Necro would use if i don't have access to any SSSU or higher runewords than those that require #25 Enhanced rune.

I looked at your vid where you say it was during progress, but you are using Obedience which requires Enhanced rune #29, which does not drop in Faustinville, so a player actually has to already farm Scosglen to get that rune, which is a bit of a pickle for players such as myself.

If you manage to get a Sentinel's Sorrow, you can use it paired with full laz set. You will have low pierce but high enough dmg to farm fauzt pretty easily.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
rugby_1 wrote:
Miothan wrote:I was wondering what gear a Totem Necro would use if i don't have access to any SSSU or higher runewords than those that require #25 Enhanced rune.

I looked at your vid where you say it was during progress, but you are using Obedience which requires Enhanced rune #29, which does not drop in Faustinville, so a player actually has to already farm Scosglen to get that rune, which is a bit of a pickle for players such as myself.

If you manage to get a Sentinel's Sorrow, you can use it paired with full laz set. You will have low pierce but high enough dmg to farm fauzt pretty easily.

I have no problem clearing Faustinville, i do that on my light sorc, i want to make a totemancer so i can clear Scosglen which is what my light sorc can't do unless i want to be very inefficient (1h+ for a full scosglen clear).

What i need to progress my characters atm are highlevel enchanted runes which only drops from Scosglen and/or SSSU's which has abysmal drop-rates anyway so i am trying to get a character that can farm Scosglen, and ppl recommended Totemancer for that, but i am wondering what gear i can use or if there is any gear that i can use to farm Scosglen that does not require SSSU and/or high enchanted runes.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
A minor nerf and a huge QoL: can summon totems at town without mana loss
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ruubel wrote:A minor nerf and a huge QoL: can summon totems at town without mana loss

I thought the huge Qol would be bend the shadows :)
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
So what is the difference between "death" and "death bow" on dirge ? I don't really understand.
lavasoft
Jungle Hunter
28 | 13
Jinn aura doesn't seem to apply in town. Can we double dip the aura? If so, we still need to summon totems in the field.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Ethario wrote:So what is the difference between "death" and "death bow" on dirge ? I don't really understand.

Death = when totem dies, death blow = when totems kill anything

lavasoft wrote:Jinn aura doesn't seem to apply in town. Can we double dip the aura? If so, we still need to summon totems in the field.

Correct, need to cast totems outside of town to benefit from Jinn aura.
NotRichBatman
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Thanks OP for all your work on the guide. It's great, super helpful.

In 2.1, v3, since sentinel sorrow is no longer BiS, do you still recommend max resurgence, goetia, and rathma vs death ward and some other combination of items since we lose the minion damage conversion?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
NotRichBatman wrote:Thanks OP for all your work on the guide. It's great, super helpful.

In 2.1, v3, since sentinel sorrow is no longer BiS, do you still recommend max resurgence, goetia, and rathma vs death ward and some other combination of items since we lose the minion damage conversion?

Goetia is something I was thinking about changing to Robe of Steel or Hide of the Baslisk (so you don't have to put as many points into Resurgence to cap out your PR). I'll make the edit today. The rest are going to stay.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I am unable to obtain the idol of vanity. Last season it was much easier somehow, maybe because of lack of multiple summons it has gotten harder? Anyway, I did all the other lvl 115 content, this is the only one where I get instasmashed when entering. Anyone has tips?