Differences between single and multi

Discuss Median XL!
Theyniel
Dark Huntress
10 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
There are, or used to be some differences between single and multiplayer. Due to lack of other players and possibility to trade drop rate on single used to be higher. Also, goblins were never released to singleplayer, as they suppose to be (it was said on the very same forum I am creating this post) only one-season-theme thing and they are going to be removed...5 seasons ago?

I really enjoy playing Median, however playing on multi was always a pain in the ass for me, as for some reason I have around 100ms ping, which likes to jump during the fight to 200-400ms making game unplayable and unenjoyable. Yes, I play other games, and no, I don't have any problem with my Internet connection or computer anywhere else.

Taking into consideration what I've just said above I got 2 simple questions.

1. What was the point of spoiling fun for people who enjoy playing single, by lowering the drop rate?
2. Why goblins are still not released to singleplayer?

I want to encourage you to be open-minded. To all hardcore player who can't imagine any season without having 4 maxed characters - remember, that singleplayer have no impact on ladder, economy, global warming or yesterdays oversalted soup.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
11. To probably kill us because they have SP in the ass anyway.
2. They'll never make them here.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Y'all seem to be approaching this from the perspective that the devs are trying to screw singleplayer, rather than bring the two experiences closer together and have goblins as a small incentive to get folks onto TSW even for SSF and hopefully encourage them to join the community from there.

Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred they leave SP drop rates the same and just buff MP (especially since I'm considering going back to single player because I'm running out of steam for seasonal play), but the paranoia really isn't warranted. More people play SP and never touch the forums or Discord than play MP, as is true for pretty much every game.

If you really want to point out something that's a huge issue, let's talk about how TCP/IP games still nuke shared stashes, requiring everyone who plays offline with friends (or does trading with other folks' SP characters) to make backups.
Theyniel
Dark Huntress
10 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What you pointed here about TCP/IP is a an issue worth addressing too, I agree, however, I wouldn't use word paranoia. What you said conflicts with itself a bit, as from one angle you say that devs are trying to bring the two experiences together, but on the other hand they are rewarding people who play multi with extra content. I say if we bring two experiences together I'm totally fine with it - but lets be consistent on that.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
@Siosilvar is not about the team, but I read a really big part of the forum and hence my statement from May somewhere sp because it's just a bunch of cheaters. SP is a big cheat.

Second time no. I don't use these pages in the lockbox other than the first one or the shared ones so I never had any problems with this title. Nothing broke and nothing was lost.

Since it hasn't been fixed, why don't you remove it if you can't fix it?

Since you've already done so much that even Samael items are available in SP, why are there still no goblins here, is it easy to program?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Theyniel wrote:1. What was the point of spoiling fun for people who enjoy playing single, by lowering the drop rate?

It's not the first time we "remove" features because they do not feel justified. This difference was arbitrary, undocumented, and often wrongfully quoted as "30% extra drops" even though that's not really how it worked. If you can elaborate an argument on how this drop difference is justified I'm happy to hear it. Or answer the question: what is the point of spoiling fun for people who enjoy playing MP, by giving them lower drop rates?

Theyniel wrote:2. Why goblins are still not released to singleplayer?

We wanted to have a unique aspect to the online version similar to how vanilla had DClone. Ideally, a better online-only feature would be something that actually involves group play, like Raids. In which case goblins in SP are definitely not off the table.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Why don't you do something online that doesn't affect the pace of acquiring new items, such as transmogrifications, other skins, etc. I remember well the end of 1.8 where goblins were falling apart in such amounts that everyone had a whole mass of SSU, relics and we had a chance for a relic 0.0025% . Was it fair to SP? Now making goblins less frequent doesn't solve the problem. In addition, a reduced drop in sp.
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:
Theyniel wrote:1. What was the point of spoiling fun for people who enjoy playing single, by lowering the drop rate?

It's not the first time we "remove" features because they do not feel justified. This difference was arbitrary, undocumented, and often wrongfully quoted as "30% extra drops" even though that's not really how it worked. If you can elaborate an argument on how this drop difference is justified I'm happy to hear it. Or answer the question: what is the point of spoiling fun for people who enjoy playing MP, by giving them lower drop rates?

Theyniel wrote:2. Why goblins are still not released to singleplayer?

We wanted to have a unique aspect to the online version similar to how vanilla had DClone. Ideally, a better online-only feature would be something that actually involves group play, like Raids. In which case goblins in SP are definitely not off the table.

Marco, please.. For the love of god, make content that requires more than one player. I’m part of a reset team and we basically only play together/hop on discord during initial leveling push and to discuss builds/trades and such.. If you could add group-exclusive content, that would be a dream come true and make each season last longer as well!

-Loyal fan of the mod
Stuie10786
Grubber
300 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I just transitioned from SP to sinwar online with new boss patch. Finished everything but laz and herald through Sescheron's 2 new bosses, and only noticeable change is more flawless gems and base level charms.

Outside of that, not enough of a change to notice, just improving quality of life with baal relics/ relic rework.

It's almost the same game with 2.2 changes, and the changes are too small to notice. Actually got 2 qor runes postpatch

If you can get corrupted treasures from druids, ysst gold runes give a lucky jewel 1-2x per 10, so much easier mf now.

Multi-player is a lot more run, but single player has been changed with such minor improvements it won't affect anything you did prepatch, least for me, hell may be harder yo start? Idk
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I moved from MP to SP this season and will probably move away even further with time. Season patches do not generate enough hype, very little content which is at the end of end game is just not worth the current leveling efforts.
That said SP > MP for me because i rarely play team games for multiple reasons. Different knowledge, skill level, play style, play speed - as if you try to go outside and run some distance with someone. You both have different speeds and one of you is sacrificing something along the way.