Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
IMO

The drops, as they are now in v2.2.2, suck for SSF.
It's not fun or rewarding to farm sub lvl 135 areas, even with over 500MF (hard to do for SSF anyway).
Not having fun while playing the game in general is not good.

In any case, what I would wish for would be better drops for everyone.

I always liked the concept of SSF, the idea of trying to make everything useful and being able to beat the game with what is given to you on the spot.

For that, some things need to be freely given to the player. Like teleport.
Game is not great without early game teleport.
I think most players would agree that making Pax Mystica is one of those must-haves for non-assassins.

But one example where this doesn't work so well is in v2.1, when Pax Mystica was not guaranteed very early game due to now needing two runes/two sockets to make and runes in general being somewhat rare to find. And non-downgradeable, as they were in earlier patches.
That really sucks. Slowed down the flow drastically.

But in my opinion, SP is more suited for the SSF player, because the whole premise of it is to play by and find everything yourself. For that, superior drop rates make sense.

MP is more about trade economy and playing together, and proving who has the biggest e-peen. If drops are that amazing, there is little incentive to trade, so it makes sense to have less amazing drops than on SP.
But if you decide to trade for everything (especially if you have the big $$$), getting items is arguably even faster and easier than finding them yourself on SP.

In my opinion, there is merit to treating SP and MP differently, and SP should be the definitive SSF experience.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
^Completely agreed
nob4242
Stygian Watcher
40 | 1
Cant help but feel like the way Marco said things he thinks EVERY single player person is duping/cheating/copying etc. Pretty sure the people upset with the change DONT do these things and just want to be able to play the game solo and have a chance that isnt 1 in a million to find the late game items themselves since they dont have the potentials that come with multiplayer. People like this just want to enjoy the game by themselves without cheating and without concerning themselves with trading and this change feels like a slap in the face to them. Certainly appreciate wanting to encourage people to play multiplayer but making things worse even if its potentially small for single player isnt the way to do this. Its very possible these "legit SSF SP" players wont be pushed to multiplayer and will instead be pushed to just drop playing the game.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:You've called me disingenuous, if I wasn't gonna speak my mind honestly maybe I wouldn't post at all. Or at least say how I'm being it, so I can correct you. At least OP is having a constructive approach to the conversation and making a valid point about goblins.

Hmm, let's try this. Seems weird, because Frytas already explained the same thing even before you posted this.

Marco wrote:
Theyniel wrote:1. What was the point of spoiling fun for people who enjoy playing single, by lowering the drop rate?

It's not the first time we "remove" features because they do not feel justified. This difference was arbitrary, undocumented, and often wrongfully quoted as "30% extra drops" even though that's not really how it worked. If you can elaborate an argument on how this drop difference is justified I'm happy to hear it. Or answer the question: what is the point of spoiling fun for people who enjoy playing MP, by giving them lower drop rates?

Marco, it was YOUR decision to nerf drop rates. So the burden of explaining to us why you did this is on YOU!

It's not that WE have to defend why SP drop rates should stay buffed. YOU supported it for years, so you do know every single reason, and obviously these reasons were valid enough for you to keep the drop rates up for years, yet you act like you suddenly forgot, just so you can avoid an answer to the core question which is how you avoid giving us any leverage in this discussion. This is why frytas calls you disingenuous. Because you are. If you don't like it, you could prove us all wrong by answering the question of theyniel honestly instead of playing the UNO reverse card and shifting the burden of proof for your decision on us. Better yet, let me rephrase that question for you to answer:

"What has changed about the game so much, that lowering drop rates in SP is justified?"
Theyniel
Dark Huntress
10 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I couldn't agree more with you guys. We can spit as much as we want on Diablo 3, but decision made by devs there are always backed by explanation and voices from community. This time Median disappointed us.
metasequoia
Cog
203 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
As I'm an old SP Hare and just recently found my way back to the game and, via playing mainly with a friend, to MP, I can say I understand both sides, that of SP experience where it's hard to find the items that you need and, as a consequence, hoarding anything you may want on another character sometime in the future, while still not finding what you need for years. SSF is fun, but it always sucked as well. MP, on the other hand, is giving me the advantage of a community and playing with friends (in an easy way), and as i'm not heavily into trading atm, still feels somewhat like SSF, but with options.

Let the Cheaters cheat, the dupers dupe, don't base a descision on that group of people who will always exist and ignore the intentions of boundaries within the game, no one has to play the game like that.If theres a bit SSF community demanding higher drops (whatever the mechanism), make it happen, on the other hand, i don't know what i think about the MP side of it. I see that managing a trade economy is far more complicated...

that being said, i'm happy with a little more drops in MP as well, which is a consequence of the drop rates equalizer, isn't it?
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This is incredibly fair towards SP players, btw. I fully cleared fauzt 8 times and got 2 great runes, then this goblin spawns on my 9th run and bam, boosts my drops by 150%, from 2 great runes to 5. lol. never gonna happen on SP

The amulet was a +3 death ward too, so not too bad at all.
OcelotGear
Destroyer
7 | 2
So this is the reason why i don't get anything in duncraig :facepalm:
Marco antes eras chevere y yo que tenia pensado regalarte un kinder para pascuas.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
TL:DR SP is F, lets all go MP
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
Frytas wrote:This is incredibly fair towards SP players, btw. I fully cleared fauzt 8 times and got 2 great runes, then this goblin spawns on my 9th run and bam, boosts my drops by 150%, from 2 great runes to 5. lol. never gonna happen on SP

The amulet was a +3 death ward too, so not too bad at all.

Well, MP players insisted for years that sp is for <s>testing</s> cheating only. Some even repeatedly said it should be removed altogether. Devs said there is possibility of reverse engeneering or code, ideas stealing. So we're almost there :cry: .