Ultimate Skills (Feedback?)

Discuss Median XL!
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 17
Hello everyone, today I want to open topic about current state of Ultimate Skills. What you think about it, what you would change and how? In my opinion some of them are underpowered, some simply do not fit the class and serve no purpose and some of them just boring. So lets discuss it and maybe we will see changes in future patches ;)

I created Tier List of current Ultimate Skills, would be great if everyone participate.

TIER LIST LINK

If you dont remember skills by picture, check out spoiler there will be class/skill names.
► Skill Names

Bonus Meme
Edited by OnlyForFun 1 year.
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 17
I will start first probably, this is how i see current state of ultimate skills.

So what you guys think about it?
Resurrect - strange skill wich not fit very well with paladin, also works strange, mobs dont follow you, dissapear, and overall sad skill
Beacon - its just movement buff? For many years i dont understand why its still here.
Faerie Fire - Very small avoid, can we call in Ultimate? :-]
Doom - Imo should be regular skill not Ultimate

Also want to mention Assassin way of raven(so weak), why this in Ultimate also, looks like we return to times when gryphon was ultimate too, and it was awful. :(
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Assassin's ultimates are kinda disappointing.

20% movement speed on a character that has 90% buff as a easy to reapply buff with Shadow Refuge. Meaning diminishing returns make it even lower in value.
Way of the Raven I am not sure which build wants to use this. Limpet Laser? Summon Sin? Does it even work with the bats?
With Doom being the only reasonable option that can boost your Damage but the constant reapplication means its only really used on bosses and not even half of the build can even benefit from this. But as you said it was a normal ability and it still feels like it is.

If they don't want to give us strong uber skills then at least give us fun ones like Pala's Resurrect. Maybe give her old LoD clone as one of the choices, give it a timer and a cooldown if that's too broken.

How about turning Beacon into a targetable Nuke instead of a random aim buff, with a long CD on it.

There's a lot of fun ideas but they go for very uninteresting/passive effects.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Paragon is severly underrated it's one of the most powerful skills in early ladder.
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
I wish Noctule could be used with any weapon like crucify. I wanted to try Noc sin + raven way ulti + Azurewrath sword.

Iceflayer could also be optimized to have 2 to all skills instead of only druid and pala.
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 17
Ekital wrote:Paragon is severly underrated it's one of the most powerful skills in early ladder.

Cant agree with you, its not bad, but in my opinion losing jewel slots big minus (but still alot vit)
overall i like your tier list, looks close to mine, strange that beacon on C :D
Zaraki
Abomination
159 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:Image

Paragon is severly underrated it's one of the most powerful skills in early ladder.

But it also locks you into gem-usage... This is really shitty cuz you are limited to max 1 RW and lose out on runes in general.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OnlyForFun wrote:
Ekital wrote:Paragon is severly underrated it's one of the most powerful skills in early ladder.

Cant agree with you, its not bad, but in my opinion losing jewel slots big minus (but still alot vit)
overall i like your tier list, looks close to mine, strange that beacon on C :D

Hence why I said early ladder. Getting an additional 6k life at 120 is huge when you're not geared yet. At that point you likely don't have jewels and paragon ends up being a free 6,000 life.

Beacon is at C due to the movement speed bonus.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TTraw wrote:Way of the Raven I am not sure which build wants to use this. Limpet Laser? Summon Sin? Does it even work with the bats?

Nagisin (
Black Ice
Black Ice
Halberd (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 71 to 100
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 70
Required Dexterity: 558
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Vitality)
Area Effect Attack
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+(10 to 15) to Assassin Skill Levels
200% Bonus to Attack Rating
20% Innate Elemental Damage
-30% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(3 to 9) to Whirlpool
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
+5 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
)
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Assassin Ultimate skills are 100% the worst out of any class. Most Ultimate skills are either tailored to a wide range of builds, have benefits that are general enough that are useful even to the most niche of builds, or have big enough bonuses that getting them feels like a big improvement.

On the other hand, Assassin Ultimate skills are tailored to extremely niche builds (like Way of the Raven being only useful for builds that revolve around Oskills or SSSUs, and having no actual support inside the class tree), have very mediocre effects (doom), or are outright useless for the build they are intended for and are only used as a minimal, almost irrelevant buff (Beacon)

Way of the Raven is specially baffling to me as a decision. We actually had another Ways as an ultimate skill way back, and was removed and set as a normal skill... only to several seasons later replace another ultimate (that was pretty useless, yes) with another Ways skill that doesn't even have support to that element on the tree, nor on any elemental base for the class (with Black Ice being the sole exception), and its scaling is exactly the same as the Ways that are "normal" skills? I honestly can't think of the logic behind this, and would love to hear it if only to understand what it's supposed to be used for besides those extremely niche builds.