Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
snowbird wrote:
RyougiShiki wrote:
snowbird wrote:note that the market will be full of frag 5 if you buff the droprate by far. would you still farm hard to get it, and would it be happy to loot it when it costs 30tg ea in the market? xd

i would farm it until i can defeat deimoss 3 if by then no drop why don't buy one

What I'm saying is, your opnion is a based on your own experience for just 1 ladder. Sometimes I tried much harder +(more than 50 phobs in t10) to get one, sometimes i dropped a lot during i was leveling from 149 to 150. 6% is fine enough because it drops more than one in avg. for everybody who rushes to 150. If you buff the droprate, there should flood lots of surplus in the market which would not make the drop happy anymore. The issue here is 'how to make the drop more equivalent and fair to everybody' not 'let us get more frag 5'

well mainly i agree but i don't think it will flood around the ladder caz not everyone farm phoboss especially in T10. But everyone benefit from it
what's more this is not my first season but seems I'm super unlucky for most seasons I never get it easily at least.
Drop rate is fair or a little lower imo so either boost spawn rate or drop rate works.
Or in this thread, if the 2nd problem fixed, we have enough T10 to run it will also work.

The issue here is nested like, hey , i don't have T10, I do dozens of T6-9 very few phoboss spawn and no drop frag 5 no drop T10 and this loop again and again until I'm lucky to get one.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Make it 30-50 umos -> dream frag 5 then, to have an additional umo sink and additional, but hard way to get it, which is still guaranteed after a lot of Phoboss kills.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Marrt wrote:Make it 30-50 umos -> dream frag 5 then, to have an additional umo sink and additional, but hard way to get it, which is still guaranteed after a lot of Phoboss kills.

or just let phoboss drop a blank material with let's say 10% rate in T10 and 6% in T6, cube that many materials to one frag5 works too. Idea is just like trophy frag and charms.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
RyougiShiki wrote:
Marrt wrote:Make it 30-50 umos -> dream frag 5 then, to have an additional umo sink and additional, but hard way to get it, which is still guaranteed after a lot of Phoboss kills.

or just let phoboss drop a blank material with let's say 10% rate in T10 and 6% in T6, cube that many materials to one frag5 works too. Idea is just like trophy frag and charms.

I proposed umos, because they are something that already drops from Phoboss just like charms drop from other bosses. And as I already said, we need something to use bad umos for.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Oh another thing we must mention if we're about endgame grind is the terrible Valthek sleep. This thing is the endgame for most casters, and is by far the most obnixious farming I've seen in a while. Doing multiple valthek trophy is not a challenge, it's literally just unnecessary hours of playtime of nothing.
Now don't get me wrong, Valthek is a good fight. It reward positionning and sniping well, I don't have any issue with the fight itself. But when it come to doing the trophy then it's completly different, no tryphy where a run take more than a few minutes will ever feel good, and that's especially true on such a boss.
Take Triune trophy for exemple, as it was for long the representation of pain for many, and triune sleep has been critisized for long. The boss might be boring after some time but at least you're not doing only that but also killing mobs on the way, getting cycles and some drops each time. It's completly different than valthek that require the player to only do him, and don't reward anything else except sometime an unique jewel.

snowbird wrote:.

Guess there our personal boss tastes are just different. I only did 0% deimoss, but it was on uhc, so it was a much longer fight than 6 min and I wasn't bruteforcing the mechanics or anything, I had to take them and simply didn't have fun in the process. Same when I attempted the new boss, ever since I first tried him on beta I knew melees builds would facetank the boss, but I was here doing honest attempts with a caster, and again hated everything about it. On top of being literally dps checked, but that's an issue with my build and probably my gearing. Also the fight changed a bit since then, so idk if it's still as bad as I know it, honestly. I didn't play ladder long enough to get to him, nor do I want to.
Sam becoming boring after some point is exactly my issue, I don't think the player should even be able to power creep to that point. I'm also not someone who believe that it's normal for endgame things to be locked behind gear and grind, but again that's just a personal taste here. I'm just someone that don't like grinding for character upgrades and rather prefer to focus on the gameplay part of things, and that exact point is why I like median and am not playing any other arpg or any similar games. Median before Labs don't require trophy or other things I don't like in general,
and 2.4 was the only ladder I went for it.
But I also understand that some players like to grind and powercreep, so having a long lab experience is perfectly fine with me as well. On the topic of frag 5 (or anomaly drop for that matter, that's the one I didn't get personally), I also think it's fine for it to be rare.
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Lynderika wrote:Oh another thing we must mention if we're about endgame grind is the terrible Valthek sleep. This thing is the endgame for most casters, and is by far the most obnixious farming I've seen in a while. Doing multiple valthek trophy is not a challenge, it's literally just unnecessary hours of playtime of nothing.
Now don't get me wrong, Valthek is a good fight. It reward positionning and sniping well, I don't have any issue with the fight itself. But when it come to doing the trophy then it's completly different, no tryphy where a run take more than a few minutes will ever feel good, and that's especially true on such a boss.
Take Triune trophy for exemple, as it was for long the representation of pain for many, and triune sleep has been critisized for long. The boss might be boring after some time but at least you're not doing only that but also killing mobs on the way, getting cycles and some drops each time. It's completly different than valthek that require the player to only do him, and don't reward anything else except sometime an unique jewel.

snowbird wrote:.

Guess there our personal boss tastes are just different. I only did 0% deimoss, but it was on uhc, so it was a much longer fight than 6 min and I wasn't bruteforcing the mechanics or anything, I had to take them and simply didn't have fun in the process. Same when I attempted the new boss, ever since I first tried him on beta I knew melees builds would facetank the boss, but I was here doing honest attempts with a caster, and again hated everything about it. On top of being literally dps checked, but that's an issue with my build and probably my gearing. Also the fight changed a bit since then, so idk if it's still as bad as I know it, honestly. I didn't play ladder long enough to get to him, nor do I want to.
Sam becoming boring after some point is exactly my issue, I don't think the player should even be able to power creep to that point. I'm also not someone who believe that it's normal for endgame things to be locked behind gear and grind, but again that's just a personal taste here. I'm just someone that don't like grinding for character upgrades and rather prefer to focus on the gameplay part of things, and that exact point is why I like median and am not playing any other arpg or any similar games. Median before Labs don't require trophy or other things I don't like in general,
and 2.4 was the only ladder I went for it.
But I also understand that some players like to grind and powercreep, so having a long lab experience is perfectly fine with me as well. On the topic of frag 5 (or anomaly drop for that matter, that's the one I didn't get personally), I also think it's fine for it to be rare.

0% deimoss is something like a scos miniboss. Just try 90% or 100%, it's much more active and dynamic, more stuffs to take care of when you gear up your char, like more fhr fcr ias etc... sam is just a joke compared with it unless you play something op like manawolf or azure disco. My best experience in this game ever was magfield pally vs deimoss 100%
Most people tend to think it's just a gearcheck because 1. they've only seen vids in the showcase section. 2. The access to Deimoss is awfully restricted, you don't have enough chance to practice the fight in mp therefore you have to look for op builds which are only for deimoss fight and make the fight 'gear check and rmb click because it grants better success rate. The fight itself is never, never a gear check like you describe here. There are already some bosses viable with bad gears, if our endgame boss would be doable like sam you could speedrun the whole contents in a few days. It's rpg. If you don't want grinding and farming then there are many other alts.
Btw you can't facetank the new boss because desolation will eventually 1shot your char. Iirc you didn't have the access to phase 2 in beta. As I said before I don't think it's right for anybody to judge something they haven't experienced yet. It's not about melee or caster, it's solitude that causes such problems.