Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
altoiddealer wrote:Lynd! I love your guide, and the Boss/Dungeon section has been a very good quick reference to ensure I have correct resists, etc.

However, I suggest including something about Mefis (Nephalem's Sacrifice quest) in your Boss/Dungeons section.

I learned the hard way in HC, that Mefis has an attack which instantly removes >15k life even with 90% cold resist, maxed Prismatic Cloak, etc. It's a 1-hit KO to almost every character. My character with 60 hours of gameplay, full 15,224 HP, was instantly killed by Mefis without any sort of visual or audio cue

► Video of my HC char being erased by Mefis

► Video of my fully charmed 90 res lvl 150 Assassin testing Mefis

I just added the info to the HC Tips page.

Yeah I simply never knew about that until this season because his location was changed, I also got hit hard on my pal. I can mention it sure
ManaLeech
Prowler
16 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is there any alternative to using Barrier Strike? I just don't enjoy it at all and find it irritating other than that I've enjoyed the build so far
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ManaLeech wrote:Is there any alternative to using Barrier Strike? I just don't enjoy it at all and find it irritating other than that I've enjoyed the build so far

It's possible that you are just not using it right... it's actually a pretty great skill for most things, but just not so great in labs.
You typically don't have to worry about "killing every single enemy", which is the only shortcoming for it. But it clears 99% of the mobs very quickly.
In labs, just need to use Crucify/Broadside for a lot more cleanup.

If you just keep walking (or running) and casting it, everything should just follow you and die. For Scosglen farming, you may need to round up the mobs a little and cast banish on them, first - depending on how strong you are (pts in Ways, +Skills on charms/gear, etc).

Everything goes pretty smooth for me with just Broadside and Barrier Strike. I also keep Crucify handy to pick off stragglers, or something to hit stationary bosses with while waiting on Broadside CD.

My hotkeys
► Show Spoiler
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
altoiddealer wrote:My hotkeys
► Show Spoiler

How can you play like that? I use QWASDZXFR for more comfort. And now that we have quick-cast, pianosin is a thing of the past.

I started to play this mod again, so far so good, but I have to agree with ManaLeech, the "new" Barrier Strike is not to my liking. It's nice that you can shift-click it to ground but mechanic-wise... meh.
I don't think there are any oskills that can help around it.

Edit: Three shrine charges used:
► Show Spoiler

Sometimes you just get lucky. :)
Not the best but still.
Sardonic
Gravedigger
194 | 8
Thoughts on relics for this build? I am currently pure physical.

I was thinking, Broadside, Dark Power, Exorcism?

Also: Fusillade, Mark of the Wild, Raven Heart, Shunpo
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What % of dex does Laserblade damage scale to in later game? Like 120+?
g1oomey
Imp
4 | 2
Semigloss wrote:What % of dex does Laserblade damage scale to in later game? Like 120+?

It's around 2.5k magic damage, not great but almost free, also defense is great
ninetyninetails
Skeleton
3 | 0
I started up MXL last week working from this Nagi Assassin. Things are great, but there's a few rough edges.

A) What default attack are people using? I've been using Backstab as my basic attack, in between Barrier Strike and Broadside. I tried using Crucify, but it seems like its damage is just incredibly worse than Backstab spam.

B) Speaking of Backstab... can anybody explain what it is that Backstab actually does? It says it has 4 hits per attack at 200% weapon damage? That almost sounds like Zeal, but it's obviously not Zeal. And the +100% Weapon Physical Damage doesn't appear to be reflected in the character sheet numbers for non-Backstab attacks while it lasts?

B.2) I haven't put points in Execution because I've been using Backstab, as mentioned, as my basic attack, and I didn't want to end up disadvantaging myself. It seems like it turns Backstab from a basic attack into a Use Once Immediately Before Broadside buff?

C) Hades Gate has completely underwhelmed me. The cooldown leaves it unable to act as a default attack and the damage seems meh at best. 5/5 Momentum and Bloodbath should remove the cooldown, but I'm still left with it not seeming like a huge improvement over Backstab or even Crucify.
BoneZone
Balrog
133 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Anyone know how the new backstab works? Seems like it doesn't hot multi times.
BoneZone
Balrog
133 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Anyone know how the new backstab works? Seems like it doesn't hit multi times.