The Elder Shaman - Summon Barbarian Ft. Sinners [V2.4 UPDATED]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lonelycoconut wrote:Thanks for the guide. I have a question about Sinner. I have a summon Necro already with a +Sinner offhand on swap. If I cast him and then swap back to my main weps, he despawns the next time i cast anything and doesnt seem to do much dmg anyway. Am I doing something wrong? Do you use the sinner gear just for farming areas and the +max minions su's for bosses? Or do you summon your barb minions witht the SU's and then swap and summon sinners and stay on those crafted weps? Thanks

I actually have one of my main weapons crafted with Sinner oSkill so they don't despawn whenever I switch between weapons. It's a real pita when they just poof. Relics are an expensive fix for that issue, unless you're really lucky or willing to spend so honestly, I'll stick with the crafts.

As for the stats, aside from the usual minion DMG, you need you fill your on switch weapons with Io runes for more minion atk rating. This translates to pierce for Sinners. Coincidentally, the tainted crafts you'll need grants minion atk rating too. For more dmg, you'll need both switch weapon slots to be high rolled on sinner. 14-15, so 28-30 levels on both slots. Then you'll need a lot of +skill items to further their stats.

The sinners are actually helpful for bosses up to 125.

lonelycoconut wrote:How hard would you say rolling Sinner on the crafted weps is compared to Warcry which is really really rare?

To be honest it's kinda rare. Half the time you're gonna roll frostwalkers so you really need to take your time farming Fauzt before you get them right. Which is fine because that's where you'll level grind the fastest as summon barb anyway.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Update: Added sinner farming showcase. A few shorts clips of rifts up to scos, hope it helps.

Raakey
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Seeing how with the new Season Summ Barb set will be granted for the class dungeon:
How does the build perform with it? Would it be used between Early and Lategame gear?
Most likely crafts still outperform?

Just asking cuz i dont see it mentioned anywhere in the guide.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Raakey wrote:Seeing how with the new Season Summ Barb set will be granted for the class dungeon:
How does the build perform with it? Would it be used between Early and Lategame gear?

The set was pretty terrible last time I checked. It is beaten by very basic crafts + Morthwyrtha RW helm. The individual pieces have bad stats compared to crafts (only the shield is alright). The 2- and 3-piece bonuses are negligible (you get more minion stats from a few jewels and MOs) and the stats from 4-piece bonus don't get close to making up the loss of minion stats you suffer by wearing the bad set pieces.

The best thing on the set is +1 to minion count on the 4-piece bonus and you can get the same bonus from a Morthwyrtha RW helm that does not require any rare runes. That RW-helm and the sets 4-piece bonus are mutually exclusive, making the RW-helm the obvious choice
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Raakey wrote:Seeing how with the new Season Summ Barb set will be granted for the class dungeon:

It's pretty bad. I mean its usable if you don't have anything else, but you'll be on full TU by the time you reach the new dungeon anyway. Maybe you'll even have some crafts already. Still better to use TU + Morthwyrtha if you're just after the max barb minion on the set
Raakey
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Splargh wrote:The set was pretty terrible last time I checked. It is beaten by very basic crafts + Morthwyrtha RW helm. The individual pieces have bad stats compared to crafts (only the shield is alright). The 2- and 3-piece bonuses are negligible (you get more minion stats from a few jewels and MOs) and the stats from 4-piece bonus don't get close to making up the loss of minion stats you suffer by wearing the bad set pieces.

The best thing on the set is +1 to minion count on the 4-piece bonus and you can get the same bonus from a Morthwyrtha RW helm that does not require any rare runes. That RW-helm and the sets 4-piece bonus are mutually exclusive, making the RW-helm the obvious choice

ScarletEdge wrote:It's pretty bad. I mean its usable if you don't have anything else, but you'll be on full TU by the time you reach the new dungeon anyway. Maybe you'll even have some crafts already. Still better to use TU + Morthwyrtha if you're just after the max barb minion on the set

Clears it up. TU+Morthwyrtha it is. Thanks.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I will give it a try as Season starter i guess.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Could someone pls share a lootfilter for this build? I´m always struggling setting up a decent filter
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What about Overseer's Slippers RW boots?
or double Icehunter's Fang (Ida) T4 for +24 wolfstance skill points?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Arubel wrote:Could someone pls share a lootfilter for this build? I´m always struggling setting up a decent filter

If anything specific to this build, you might want to add rare sacred ida/bronze sword/Krieg/gilded and sacred avenger guard for RW base to your lootfilter later on so you don't accidently miss them. The rest is up to you.