Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Khamul wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:
Khamul wrote:having those blade sword summons are very nice (1 point but requires 3 extra points before you can skill it). they boast 10k hp and are magic immune and deal a decent amount of physical damage + bladestorm proc. Having extra super meat shields other than Ice elementals is awesome.

They give you no type of buff whatsoever. Reanimates and ice eles are more than enough to tank any stray hits as you go. 10k hp is also fairly bad for a summon end game unless they have some type of avoid or something to make up for it. In short, blade summons are a bad suggestion.

They're really useful for tanking Heroic bosses for a few extra seconds so you can spam Thunderstone. Helps at Belial and Quov Tsin especially. Summoning ubers as well. Sure I could make do with Ice elementals but I find them pretty useful as I'm only putting the rest of my skill points into Ice elemental buffs anyways so more summons for just 4 points. This is early to mid game where you can get ~50 all skill levels with just 1 point and you're missing a few charms.

no build is set in stone.

Just seems counterproductive to me, especially in regards to those heroics that you mentioned since the blade summons will die just as fast, if not faster than ice eles. If it was a boss that ONLY dealt magic damage, then yea, I could see how they'd be useful, but not the ones you mentioned.

It's your personal preference I guess. It just doesn't fit into Vampyra's guide very well.
candyland
Azure Drake
168 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Khamul wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:
Khamul wrote:having those blade sword summons are very nice (1 point but requires 3 extra points before you can skill it). they boast 10k hp and are magic immune and deal a decent amount of physical damage + bladestorm proc. Having extra super meat shields other than Ice elementals is awesome.

They give you no type of buff whatsoever. Reanimates and ice eles are more than enough to tank any stray hits as you go. 10k hp is also fairly bad for a summon end game unless they have some type of avoid or something to make up for it. In short, blade summons are a bad suggestion.

They're really useful for tanking Heroic bosses for a few extra seconds so you can spam Thunderstone. Helps at Belial and Quov Tsin especially. Summoning ubers as well. Sure I could make do with Ice elementals but I find them pretty useful as I'm only putting the rest of my skill points into Ice elemental buffs anyways so more summons for just 4 points. This is early to mid game where you can get ~50 all skill levels with just 1 point and you're missing a few charms.

why are putting hard points into ice eles ? u dont need to , just 1 point is enough
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
vampyra wrote:
Khamul wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:

why are putting hard points into ice eles ? u dont need to , just 1 point is enough

Why put extra points into ice eles when you can max out some gg op skill like immersion or something..?
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
i put my points into the 15% to ice ele buffs not the ice ele itself
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I guess I'm just confused why you posted in the walkthrough guide that lays out all skillplans and such, but changed the skillplan and said yours is better..?
zkitzor
Imp
4 | 0
Links for skill planners doesnt work for me :(
candyland
Azure Drake
168 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
zkitzor wrote:Links for skill planners doesnt work for me :(

can make a new skill planner for u when i get home
candyland
Azure Drake
168 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey, i have a question. your guides says " Once we reached act 3, at around level 36, we should already have elementally immune minions ".
Why is that?
Your early game gear mentions crafting some honorifics with resistances, does that mean minion resistances?
If so, you should maybe mention that or is there another source that gives them immunity?
Im new and confused :D
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
oh, forget it.... found this post:

Q: What are the minions' base resists?
A: Every minion gains +15% to all resistances per skill level, capping at +75% at level 5. Items with +% minion resists, as well as curses with -% resists, are applied at the end.
Totems are the exception, they have 0% base resists at all levels and difficulties, and do not benefit from +% minion resists. Lower Resist affects them, though.