The Blood Knight

LordHaari
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Muilpeer wrote:Miasma is awesome, I can tell you that since I made an A5 Miasma Merc, my life has become considerably easier ;)

It seems like the correct proc for the build. Especially with all the -enemy resists and the fact that the build doesn't have a poison proc from it's full set bonus yet (except for the carpet of spiders on the boots).

Btw, I converted my existing paladin to a Blood pally with full Malthael set. I put miasma on the weapon but what MO's and socket fillers do you recommend? Most blessed lucky upgrades failed so my DR is on the low side, around 30%.

I agree, Miasma meshes very well with the build.

I'm personally going to MO %TCD on at least my helm and armor (after two %ED MOs to max out to 350% Enhanced Def). Gloves/Belt/Boots, I might MO with %FSD to get over 300%, or possibly just more %TCD. Having 200k plus defense pre-Terror Strike sounds great to me, especially since we have the cushion of the Malthael's belt doubled TS duration.

As for socket fillers, the end-game is probably Zod-crafted jewels with at least +3% fire spell damage (with +3% spell damage and +3% fire spell damage in one roll, you could get +6%FSD in one jewel, which is the goal) and at least one of +vitality, +% bonus to vitality, or flat life. Damage and extra tankiness is always nice, plus whatever other bonuses a particular jewel might provide outside of that (extra resists, other stats, etc.).

The %DR problem can be helped by 5% with the Tran Athulua trophy, and this build--especially with full Malthael's set, from my experience--shouldn't have a problem with TA. It was actually the first trophy I've ever obtained. c: Beyond that trophy, I'd also suggest smaxing Blessed Life if you're not, since it adds 2% per hard point. I'm going this route, especially while my gear isn't tip-top yet; Blood Thorns will melt pretty much everything even without a few extra skill points in it (I left it at 1 point for a long time).

EDIT: Btw, Stealthmaster, for Quov Tsin, you need +500% all resists and 95 max to make him do no damage. It might be closer to the high 400s, I'm not sure, but 500 definitely works.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks, this helps!

I have been rolling and rolling (highest iLVL) amu's each one max 20 times and been doing this for a week now. Only rolled lightning arena around ten times tops and none of the amulets came out useful. Now I settled for a CTC Lava Pit on Melee Attack amu with +4 all skills and lots of %FSD.. This proc works magic!

For now I can speedrun Terror Tran /p8 with ease, not getting damaged at all (327K def) but when I try /p1 DTran it always gets me. The bosses are just too strong somehow.

Got Zakarums ear, King Koth, etc. Azmodan didn't work yet, Jitan neither also no Akarat yet, but the other easy charms are in now. Did all veteran eyes, tokens etc.

I have put Pgems for +max resists.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:I have been rolling and rolling (highest iLVL) amu's each one max 20 times and been doing this for a week now. Only rolled lightning arena around ten times tops and none of the amulets came out useful. Now I settled for a CTC Lava Pit on Melee Attack amu with +4 all skills and lots of %FSD..

FYI, rerolling rare amulets with oils of renewal doesn't lower the ilvl. You don't have to keep finding new ones. Just keep rerolling the same one and save yourself some time.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
LHawkins1 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I have been rolling and rolling (highest iLVL) amu's each one max 20 times and been doing this for a week now. Only rolled lightning arena around ten times tops and none of the amulets came out useful. Now I settled for a CTC Lava Pit on Melee Attack amu with +4 all skills and lots of %FSD..

FYI, rerolling rare amulets with oils of renewal doesn't lower the ilvl. You don't have to keep finding new ones. Just keep rerolling the same one and save yourself some time.

Are you sure? I would swear that I read *somewhere* (can't find where) that it does lower the iLVL. Can it be this was the case in the past and it has changed recently? This will make rolling an ammy much easier!
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
You cannot find the source because rerolling amulets does not lower iLvl. It's jewelcrafting that has such a thing.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
also upgrading magic to rare lowers ilvl by 15% ( 99 -> 84 )
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What are the most important things to keep in mind when going through sewers? I get instagibbed there, getting four fire runes seems undoable. I have some experience with farming sewers, especially with a WW druid and Bow druid, but doing it with the full Malthael set seems impossible.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Not impossible as ive done myself last ladder with this build , basically as long as Hymn is always up and Scourges do the tank grunt work its easy. Actually i had an easier time farming 4x fire stones with this build full malthael than i had with Chasmstriker bowzon.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Full Malthael's set grants you a nice hp bonus - mine was about 2000 extra life added. Also, as prime said. with 1000+ LoSiM from Hymn you're invincibleas long as you keep clicking LMB. Of course, you still have to avoid very big packs of elementals. What is more important, solitary Venom elementals can cause serious troubles as the poison missile: 1) flies fast; 2) does serious damage. If you do not want to let poison syphon your life to minimum, always attack a nearby pack of elementals so you can immediately get life on striking if you get poisoned.
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Offer balefire crystal sword, n tg